• @ICinBrazil:

Did everyone already give up on putting the game on the line on the E.Indies UK/Japan fight in UK1 (66%)?  Leaving that Japan fleet alive just seems to be a bad idea to me.

With 66% odds, attacking it may turn out to be a bad idea as well ;)

• TripleA

spam inf.

attacking the japan fleet is not too bad assuming you still have your egypt fighter. I’d opt for the german bship instead, but frankly the allies are going to lose anyway, you may as well have fun and try to make big things happen.

japan is still in good shape after losing that fleet where as those uk ships wouldn’t do jack squat anyway. maybe the aussie fleet links up with usa, where does the india fleet go? zzzzzzzz ok does nothing. May as well swing for the fences.

• Well crap. I’m assuming naval builds are a dead end, so maybe fleeing towards the Med (or attacking German BB) is feasible after all.

• Cow, the only thing useful that I could come up with was this:
    UK CV and FTR to hit Japan DD/Trans. FTR lands in Schezwan (backed up by Kazah inf)
    CA, 2inf and Trans goes for Borneo
    CA, SS, 2inf, Trans to Solomons.

on J1 though, CV gets destroyed, Schezwan is at risk, CA also sacked (SS submerges) and now UK is short two transports.  But whatever goes for the CA, will most likely be sacked by the US on US1 (and you will be able to land the Bomber in the Solomons.
    India will have to get reinfoced with the 2 UK FTRs (which won’t be till UK2) and the US/UK FTRs in Schezwan (assuming Japan didn’t focus it’s efforts here, which would be costly for Japan to some degree).  UK1 and 2 buys would be inf/2art and inf/art/tank respectively (or replace art with FTR).  It’s that or send the fleet to the Med…

• Well, you have to win 2 battles one with 66%, the other with 70% odds, which gives you 46% chance of that happening.
    It isn’t so bad if you’d lose the ground assault, but if you lose the naval combat then those 4 infantry on those transports can’t be offloaded on non-combat if you retreat (because they were loaded on combat move) so you’ll lose both the naval combat and those transports/infantry to Japanese attack on J1.

Aw, you’re making too much math out of it.  You said so yourself that losing the 4inf wouldn’t be so bad, as long as you win the naval battle.  If you win the Naval battle and are able to come away with a ship or two, that in itself is a true victory.  And only the India Transport is going to be reliable if you fail, so why not.  You may never get a second chance

• @Mallery29:

Aw, you’re making too much math out of it.  You said so yourself that losing the 4inf wouldn’t be so bad, as long as you win the naval battle.  If you win the Naval battle and are able to come away with a ship or two, that in itself is a true victory.  And only the India Transport is going to be reliable if you fail, so why not.  You may never get a second chance

Losing the ground assault isn’t so bad because at least you eliminated the J fleet, even though now you have 2 less infantry to defend India. Losing the UK fleet and those 4 infantry is a disaster because India will fall soon.

• Went to hang with the family, it seems i missed a lot of thought provoking conversation.

It seems like everyone is starting to seriously consider moving the UK fleet to the med and going KGF.  Odds for the UK in the Indian Ocean are really bad anyway you look at it.  At least in the med you can guarantee UK keeps Africa.  Isn’t that better than slightly denting the Japanese fleet on a kamikaze run?

• TripleA

Dude you can just swing at germany’s bship with a dd and bomber or a fighter and a bomber. The only way the allies are going to win is if they get a strap on to make up for their lack of girth.

but yes, hit germany’s naval, if option not available then japan’s fleet is not bad either. you got to do somethin.

Some players buy naval for the med with germany, zzzz. your little fleet in the med is not going to contest that.

• I did that to safeguard my Italian Battleship and harass a US2 NAfrica landing. Unfortunately, UK can then start rebuilding its fleet and take Norway on 4.

• @Sean.C:

I’m going over the numbers again and again, and every time India seems like a money/time sink that ends up getting the allies no where.

Thoughts?  I just can’t think of any other good things to use India for.  Defending it seems like a lost cause.

Since India starts off with an IC now, India is extremely important. UK Fleet is wiped out, well most of it anyway, on G1. So UK can’t drop any naval forces outside London. There is no point in building INF, Art or Tanks on London. So the only place that can be done is India.

I would protect India. Russian FTR goes to Egypt, that’s standard in my strategy. Egypt survives which gives you 63% chance of killing Japanese fleet outside East Indies. Even if something goes wrong all the way there, I can’t see Japan standing there with more than a Battleship. So either way, 2 Japanese FTR and the Carrier will die big time even if things go wrong for the UK, but there is a 63% chance that UK will win, so 2 out of 3 times, UK wins.

After Japanese fleet being destroyed, you move 1 Art and 1 INF with your Indian transport from Egypt to India. Iran INF also to India. UK Tank from Egypt goes to Iran.  UK-Syrian INF to Egypt, so you should have 2 INF there. Buy 2 Art, 1 INF on India. That leaves you with 6 INF, 3 Art on India, and 1 UK Tank on Iran. 1 UK INF is on Burma too.

What to do with Australia, send 2 INF against New Guinea. 2 FTR from London can fly to Archangel. Now UK still has 20 IPC to buy something for, UK could buy 2 FTR on London.

Position your UK Bomber and fly it to Caucasus.

Now you have a very nice UK Force on India, and 4 FTRs between London and Archangel. Plus any addition FTRs that survive the East Indies battle, most probably 1 FTR.

Now, you need to build what I call an Allies-wall in Asia. That can only be done by the U.S. So the U.S needs to build an IC on Alaska. This is extremely important because this will never give Japan any peace to do anything what so ever, knowing that there is a huge U.S. Fleet and IC only 2 spaces from Japan and 1 space from Russia!

So do consider an IC in Alaska something like mini-UK. This is the clocest way to harrass one of the Axis countries, in this case Japan, and also the clocest part where you can support Russia at the same time. A Japanese player will never know what you will do, support Russia and dump in forces there or invade Japan or Manchuria, and therefore Japan will be denied IPCs, will be forced to build naval forces and India will fvck Japan in French-Indo-China.

Furthermore, an attack on East Indies fleet by the UK enables U.S. Forces to survive at least with 2 INF and 1 FTR in Tibet, which would be supported by 1 Russian INF also in the beginning of R1 turn.

Now you have a nice wall where U.S. can build Battleships and Bombers which will massacre most of the things Japan put’s out on 2nd and 3rd turn.  Japan will lose big time, since Japan can only build like 4-5 subs per round while the U.S. can build 2 subs on Alaska and rest Bombers on Western U.S., that leaves Japan with no ground units or anything, what so ever, and India will then crush them, there are already 10 - 11 UK units in that area by the time UK is finished with it’s UK1 turn.

• UK has to attack the Jap fleet to reduce their Navy. Japan, like Italy(Anniversary or 1940), is dead once it’s fleet is sunk. Leaving the fleet on UK1 gives Japan two taskforces: one for conquest and a second for defence: Philippines and Japan.
    UK come before Japan for a reason: to weaken Japan. (Same reason in 1940 they come before Italy: to weaken them!)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m