HBG - Axis & Allies Parts/Accessories and Custom Piece Sets Store!

• Customizer

Regarding the proposed Civil War game, do HBG need to produce anything other than ships in terms of plastic pieces?

Who doesn’t already have plenty of infantry, cavalry and artillery for this conflict; yet we lack warships and ironclads entirely.

I would also be in the market for generic ship models for the ancient, medieval and sailing ship eras. As well as space marines, aliens and starships of course.

I don’t want to think the company believes it needs to produce entire games in order to make it worthwhile  expanding into new periods of history.

I want basic Napoleonic ships far more than I need 23 different types of Italian tank in 8 new shades of brown.

• Coach, Will any more of the 1st German expansion set pieces be produced? Any chance of adding the Axis minor colors to this set?

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@bfalbo04:

Coach, Will any more of the 1st German expansion set pieces be produced? Any chance of adding the Axis minor colors to this set?

Not too long but adding the other colors are very expensive. let me get the first two colors then we will rerun the mold for the others.

• Customizer

If/When you run the Germany 3 set in other Axis Minor colors, will the Lutzow Class Pocket Battleships be available?

@knp7765:

If/When you run the Germany 3 set in other Axis Minor colors, will the Lutzow Class Pocket Battleships be available?

Sure

• Customizer

I’d like to suggest another completely new piece type - the army marker.

Something along the lines of the Mighty Empires “Banners”, but with a wider range of periods and themes.

These are used to mark the position on the game map of army groups, legions, hordes etc while the pieces are held on a corresponding card.

Each piece need a line of infantry (shields facing outward for painting), a mounted commander and a flag for easy customization.

I suggest:

Greek
    Persian
    Roman
    Barbarian (Germanic)
    Celtic
    Huns
    Parthians
    Viking (ship pieces)
    High Medieval (chainmail)
    Late Medieval (plate armour)
    16th century
    17th century
    Napoleonic
    US Civil War
    WWI
    WWII

A range of printed flags would complement the range.

Banners.jpg

• Coach I was looking to get a bunch of Stug IIIs and Hummels in all of the colors. Will there be more in stock soon?

@bfalbo04:

Coach I was looking to get a bunch of Stug IIIs and Hummels in all of the colors. Will there be more in stock soon?

not at this time

• Customizer

Are the new German pieces close to being delivered?

• Customizer

Can we get an update on the Germany 3 set?

• Customizer

Can we get an update on the Germany 3 set?

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Yeah the lack of info for months is disconcerting.

• '16

@LHoffman:

Yeah the lack of info for months is disconcerting.

Indeed. Would prefer to be kept in the loop rather than wonder and wonder.
    Good news or bad news.

So, HBG. What happened to the German Set #3 that we’ve pre-ordered?
    Any response would suffice, guys, even a vague, non-informative one at this point!

Guys, they said on facebook, it would be in a few weeks. That is all I know at this time.

@John:

Guys, they said on facebook, it would be in a few weeks. That is all I know at this time.

Are you the official HBG emissary?

@LHoffman:

@John:

Are you the official HBG emissary?

No lol, but I do know they use face book for their announcements on a regular basis, but people that are not on facebook may not be aware that HBG does most of their announcements on there.

Just trying to help spread the word for those not on face book. :-)

@John:

No lol, but I do know they use face book for their announcements on a regular basis, but people that are not on facebook may not be aware that HBG does most of their announcements on there.

Ah, I thought as much. And that is cool, I do appreciate it because I am one of those not on Facebook and don’t routinely check there.

That said… I believe that I, and many others here, are rightly frustrated with HBGs growing lack of communication on pre-purchased products. I can appreciate you defending them John and, seemingly, taking their side every time a complaint comes up. But I feel compelled to ask if you also are not the least bit annoyed by delays and/or lack of communication. I asked if you were an ‘official emissary’ partly tongue-in-cheek and also partly serious; maybe you are privy to information most of us are not and therefore have a better understanding of these chronic delays.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect that HBG would or should post product updates here on A&A.org (and this thread specifically). At the very least, one would expect they answer questions from faithful customers who have forked out pre-order money in faith of a product. In the past, A&A.org seems to have been the go-to place for communication from Doug, Will and Variable on updates, status, product development and wish lists.

The last post from Doug (Coachofmany) was the April 14th post above. The last post from Variable was way back in February of 2015. Not sure about Will. According to their accounts, they have at least logged in and checked things as recently as yesterday though. I am sorry, but I just do not understand the lack of communication with what I can only imagine is a very strong, loyal and even foundational customer base here on A&A.org. Perhaps we should not expect the same communication here that we were used to in the past, if in fact times have changed for some reason.

Yes, I get the email updates when they come out and they are all well and good. However, they have said nothing about the German set everyone is waiting for. For me at least, they also tend to exacerbate the impression that HBG is sort of lost in their own world of R&D. Glancing at the HBG/Global War Facebook pages yesterday only reinforced that by 500%. The Facebook pages alone are littered with over 2 months straight of highly detailed playtesting of products that aren’t yet available or that do not pertain to what supporters on A&A.org seem to be most concerned about: new national expansion and supplemental sets for A&A/GW39. Coy Facebook posts that drop a litany of exciting new items with vague timeframes do not constitute great communication. And the emails do much of the same. Teasing small expansions, grand expansions, in-development products, new one-offs and trumpeting previous products leads me to believe that HBG as a company has a form of Attention Deficit and is at the very least not focusing on what I think is important. If I was the only one who thought this, I would consider myself an outlier and adjust my expectations accordingly. But I really don’t believe my desires and hopes for HBGs products are mine alone.

Again, I do not know their business nor do I really care to guess at why they are not answering questions. Regardless of the reasons, I would always prefer to be told the truth or facts rather than be left to wonder or be told inaccurate estimates to placate me. I am sure most others here would agree.

I want to be someone who proudly buys from HBG and defends them wholeheartedly, because they make damn fine stuff. Fortunately or unfortunately, they are also the only name in the game, as it were, producing these types of items. So even if many of us are upset with the process, we still have to buy from them. My plea is that they simply communicate better and more regularly regarding the products that many of us here are vocal about and have committed to support. This German set was the first one that I have not preordered from HBG… specifically because I was concerned about the delays and lack of communication that was creeping up with the previous sets. I am not happy to say that it looks like my fears were correct, but it does appear that I made the right decision not to preorder. Even still, I have a lot of stake in this matter because I want to buy this product and I want HBG thrive.

What I do not understand is how a little communication would hinder that. Everyone would be better served with it.

Very sincerely and respectfully,

LHoff

@LHoffman:

@John:

Ah, I thought as much. And that is cool, I do appreciate it because I am one of those not on Facebook and don’t routinely check there.

That said… I believe that I, and many others here, are rightly frustrated with HBGs growing lack of communication on pre-purchased products. I can appreciate you defending them John and, seemingly, taking their side every time a complaint comes up. But I feel compelled to ask if you also are not the least bit annoyed by delays and/or lack of communication. I asked if you were an ‘official emissary’ partly tongue-in-cheek and also partly serious; maybe you are privy to information most of us are not and therefore have a better understanding of these chronic delays.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to expect that HBG would or should post product updates here on A&A.org (and this thread specifically). At the very least, one would expect they answer questions from faithful customers who have forked out pre-order money in faith of a product. In the past, A&A.org seems to have been the go-to place for communication from Doug, Will and Variable on updates, status, product development and wish lists.

The last post from Doug (Coachofmany) was the April 14th post above. The last post from Variable was way back in February of 2015. Not sure about Will. According to their accounts, they have at least logged in and checked things as recently as yesterday though. I am sorry, but I just do not understand the lack of communication with what I can only imagine is a very strong, loyal and even foundational customer base here on A&A.org. Perhaps we should not expect the same communication here that we were used to in the past, if in fact times have changed for some reason.

Yes, I get the email updates when they come out and they are all well and good. However, they have said nothing about the German set everyone is waiting for. For me at least, they also tend to exacerbate the impression that HBG is sort of lost in their own world of R&D. Glancing at the HBG/Global War Facebook pages yesterday only reinforced that by 500%. The Facebook pages alone are littered with over 2 months straight of highly detailed playtesting of products that aren’t yet available or that do not pertain to what supporters on A&A.org seem to be most concerned about: new national expansion and supplemental sets for A&A/GW39. Coy Facebook posts that drop a litany of exciting new items with vague timeframes do not constitute great communication. And the emails do much of the same. Teasing small expansions, grand expansions, in-development products, new one-offs and trumpeting previous products leads me to believe that HBG as a company has a form of Attention Deficit and is at the very least not focusing on what I think is important. If I was the only one who thought this, I would consider myself an outlier and adjust my expectations accordingly. But I really don’t believe my desires and hopes for HBGs products are mine alone.

Again, I do not know their business nor do I really care to guess at why they are not answering questions. Regardless of the reasons, I would always prefer to be told the truth or facts rather than be left to wonder or be told inaccurate estimates to placate me. I am sure most others here would agree.

I want to be someone who proudly buys from HBG and defends them wholeheartedly, because they make damn fine stuff. Fortunately or unfortunately, they are also the only name in the game, as it were, producing these types of items. So even if many of us are upset with the process, we still have to buy from them. My plea is that they simply communicate better and more regularly regarding the products that many of us here are vocal about and have committed to support. This German set was the first one that I have not preordered from HBG… specifically because I was concerned about the delays and lack of communication that was creeping up with the previous sets. I am not happy to say that it looks like my fears were correct, but it does appear that I made the right decision not to preorder. Even still, I have a lot of stake in this matter because I want to buy this product and I want HBG thrive.

What I do not understand is how a little communication would hinder that. Everyone would be better served with it.

Very sincerely and respectfully,

LHoff

LHoff, I appreciate everything you said, and whole heartedly agree that communication is very much lacking, and it is their weakness.

I don’t defend them, when it comes to that. If you ever see someone get upset about the lack of communnication on these forums, you never see me prevent them from doing that.

There is nothing wrong about getting disappointed or upset because of lack of communication, and believe it or not I get frustrated, but in my every day life, I own a business and have bigger things to worry about than my extracurricular activities.

If you ever notice, I don’t get into debates, I stay clear from them.

I come to these forums for entertainment purposes as an escape, lol.

All I do is provide information when HBG releases it and let people know it on here, because I know some people don’t get the news, like I do.

I appreciate everything you say and enjoy reading your comments, because I know you mean well, and so do I.

I was told the German set was to have come out in April, so believe me I’m disappointed as anyone, especially since I have already painted my German airforce and navy, already.

I wanted these pieces, back when I painted, earlier this year, so yes I have been frustrated, but I try to remain positive, because I have enough stress in the real world.

So I just wanted you, or anyone else to know, voice your opinions freely. It is your forum, as much as it is mine.

Thanks buddy for letting me know how you feel, but I’m only here to provide info, not to defend.

Thanks, LHoff! :-)

John

No worries John. Copy all. The post was not really directed at you but more as an open letter to HBG voicing my personal concerns and observations. I do hope someone reads it and others chime in if they feel the same way; it is the only way your opinions will be heard.

In the grand scheme, there are bigger things that keep us occupied and worried in the world, but now and then we all have a little time to focus on our hobbies. This certainly falls in that category.

Hope to hear good news or any news soon. And thanks for the response.

@LHoffman:

No worries John. Copy all. The post was not really directed at you but more as an open letter to HBG voicing my personal concerns and observations. I do hope someone reads it and others chime in if they feel the same way; it is the only way your opinions will be heard.

In the grand scheme, there are bigger things that keep us occupied and worried in the world, but now and then we all have a little time to focus on our hobbies. This certainly falls in that category.

Hope to hear good news or any news soon. And thanks for the response.

Any time buddy. :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m