My Axis & Allies 1942 Room…

• @Gargantua:

how many stars are there on your US flag

I only have 13 on mine ;).

Is that for a Johnny Reb and Yanks 1862 War Room or for the Continentals and Royals 1776 War Room? ;)

• @Hobbes:

I was looking at the pieces that you use… seems mainly Classic repainted but I can’t figure out the cruisers, destroyers and artillieries.

The pieces are kind of a mix from different game sets - they are more for easy recognition of class than historical. I actually don’t have the 1942 game - only the map.  For now I refuse to pay over a dollar per ship for “official” cruisers, like I’ve seen advertised. Mine cost a nickel each. lol

@Herr:

I have one little nagging question, though: how many stars are there on your US flag? There’s only a corner of it in the picture, but the rows seem to alternate like they do on modern flags.

You know what? You’re right - that US flag is probably modern - I didn’t even think about the stars. Now I’ll have to go looking for a 40’s one!

• @Hobbes:

@Gargantua:

how many stars are there on your US flag

I only have 13 on mine ;).

Is that for a Johnny Reb and Yanks 1862 War Room or for the Continentals and Royals 1776 War Room? ;)

Whichever you find more offensive, naturally.  :wink:

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

@Der:

@Herr:

I have one little nagging question, though: how many stars are there on your US flag? There’s only a corner of it in the picture, but the rows seem to alternate like they do on modern flags.

You know what? You’re right - that US flag is probably modern - I didn’t even think about the stars. Now I’ll have to go looking for a 40’s one!

You’re not alone there. Quite a few movie directors used the modern flag when it should have been the 48 star flag. Just one of my pet peeves.

• wow, just wow!  :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

But a question:

How do you have Artillery, cruisers, and Destroyers? Its the Classic pieces, so how do you have them?

• Customizer

Really nice job on the “Combat Room”.

If you’re going to get another flag you’ll want a 48-Star flag, like here on my I.C.'s to be correct. Again,…great job!

“Tall Paul”

factories1-1.JPG

• @Tall:

Really nice job on the “Combat Room”.

If you’re going to get another flag you’ll want a 48-Star flag, like here on my I.C.'s to be correct. Again,…great job!

“Tall Paul”

Are those Italian pieces I see back there?! :-o (in your pic)

• Very nice room. I just showed the pics to my wife and said when we have the room I would love to do something like this. Job well done.

• OK I ordered the 48 star flag on ebay - salute!

I’m kind of embarrassed to answer questions about my game pieces - I admit they are sort of a Frankenstein assortment right now. I ordered the artillery, destroyers, and cruisers from historicalboardgaming.com - very good source and fast service. But my cruisers are actually short battleships from the “Attack” game. They were like 5 cents each. Then when I got them they were molded really low to the table - I couldn’t pick them up with my fingers. So I melted a small finish nail into each of them for a “mast” and spray painted them. The destroyers looked too much like battleships to me- the same length and all, so I clipped them shorter. I didn’t like the way the German 88 artillery looked on the board - it just seemed like they should be AT guns - so I ordered all the same kind of standard looking artillery pieces and painted them five different colors. Works for us but I’ll probably upgrade someday.

• Customizer

Empireman,

Yes, those are the FMG Italian Rifle Infantry. I don’t have a “finished” shot yet, but here’s a pic, below.

My appologies to Der Kuenstler for answering a question on your thread.

“Tall Paul”

fmg_italian_inf.jpg

• No problem - those infantry are amazing!

• I’ll throw my .02 in…

That game room looks amazing.  It makes me want to come over to your house and play A&A.  Great job!

• @Tall:

Empireman,

Yes, those are the FMG Italian Rifle Infantry. I don’t have a “finished” shot yet, but here’s a pic, below.

My appologies to Der Kuenstler for answering a question on your thread.

“Tall Paul”

Man, Those are awesome!

• Customizer

Der Kuenstler,

Here’s a “finished” pic of the FMG Italian Infantry you asked about earlier. Hope you enjoy.

Tall Paul"

fmg_italy_inf1small.jpg

• Customizer

And a close-up.

“Tall Paul”

fmg_italy_inf2small.jpg

• The room is so awesome! Great job and enjoy it.

• Customizer

Well done, I love seeing how crazy other people get with this game! Gives me hope for my own sanity to see I’m not the craziest, lol.

• This is amazing. Your buddies are lucky to have you! And congratz on keeping your wife on the good side…

• Saw the room and this instantly “came” to me… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY

• LOL :-D….OK - update -I fixed the US Flag - now it is historical…

I added convoy raiding zones to my map….

And added a WWII Fighter display - 1:48 scale….

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m