"Tall Paul's" ITALIAN units, detailed & painted by the "WARMACHINE Team"

• Great camouflage work.  All those little squiggles and blotches must take a lot of time compared to painting a plane with a straightforward even-toned fuselage.

• Customizer

CWO Marc & others,

@CWO:

Great camouflage work.  All those little squiggles and blotches must take a lot of time compared to painting a plane with a straightforward even-toned fuselage.

––Yes, “Allwork” is utilizing his professional artist skills to the fullest on these units. Of course they haven’t had any ‘squadron’ markings, alpha/numerics, national ensigns, or small flag decals applied to their tails yet. And the Air Transports will of course have White wingtips and engine nacelle ‘doughnuts’.

The way that I have designed it Air Transports will be the ONLY units to use White for any coloring. Just like these previous German JU-52 Air Transports. IMHO by being VERY OBVIOUS the White coloring not only signifies that this is an Air Transport to everyone,….but sub-consciously reminds you of the White parachutes.
    What do YA’LL think?

Tall Paul

DSCF7906_zps167581c4.jpg
    DSCF7948_zps86138425.jpg

• @Tall:

The way that I have designed it Air Transports will be the ONLY units to use White for any coloring. Just like these previous German JU-52 Air Transports. IMHO by being VERY OBVIOUS the White coloring not only signifies that this is an Air Transport to everyone,….but sub-consciously reminds you of the White parachutes. What do YA’LL think? Â

Sounds reasonable, and additionally there are WWII buffs who will also be reminded of the white-stripe invasion markings that were painted on Allied planes just before D-Day, with the first planes in action over France in the early hours being the paratroop transports and the glider tows.  So that fits nicely.

• Customizer

Guys,

––I almost forgot this “group” shot of the Italian Air Force units in the Desert scheme. This, of course, is only an “In-Process” pic and doesn’t include all of the Desert scheme aircraft.
    There will also be eight C.202 Fighters and two JU-87 Dive Bombers. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Aircraft, Assorted Italian_Desert-x01.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, thanks to “Johnson73” we found a source for some (correct) Italian Roundel DECALS.
    Thanks Richard.

––Shown below is an Italian P.108 Heavy Bomber in the Desert scheme with the decals applied. Understand, this is an “In-Process” pic as the ‘tri-color’ band hasn’t yet been applied to the tail. We’re slowly, but surely, getting there. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Bomber, Heavy_Italian Desert-X01CC.jpg

• '14 '13

Tall Paul,

You have any pics of Italian naval units? I think I want to work on Italy next and could use some inspiration for naval and armor units.

Thanks,

Jluna1273

• Customizer

@jluna1273:

Tall Paul,

You have any pics of Italian naval units? I think I want to work on Italy next and could use some inspiration for naval and armor units.
    ––Sorry, but it will be a while before we get to the naval units. We still have a LOT of Infantry and Aircraft units ahead of them. There have been many fine Italian naval paint jobs presented here on A&A.org that I’d say were “inspiring”.
    Thanks,

Jluna1273

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, it’s been a while in the making,…but all of the Italian Air Force in the Desert scheme are now complete. I’ve gone through and re-named and organised all of the pics. Shown below are the
    C.202 Fighters.
    ––These Fighters have “Squadron colors” of a Green stripe and Brown noses. Notice the “F” decal denoting them as Fighters. Enjoy!

––It’ looks like we’re in for some “Mayhem in the Mediteranean!”

Tall Pall

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S & Brown N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S & Brown N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are the C.202 Fighters in the “Squadron colors” of Green stripes and Green noses. Notice the “F” decal denoting a Fighter. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Green S&N-02CC.jpg

• '14 Customizer

Very nice!  Those have great detail.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Those are sweet for sure and with the correct roundel. :-)

• '14 Customizer

Yep John, your correct.

This or this is correct

but

NOT This   This is actually Iran’s roundel. The only reason I use it is because the map I made has this roundel.  I wish I would have changed it before I printed it.  Its not so easy to reprint since my map cost me over $500. I think I would have gone with this version.

@cyanight:

Yep John, your correct.

This or this is correct

but

NOT This �  This is actually Iran’s roundel. The only reason I use it is because the map I made has this roundel.�  I wish I would have changed it before I printed it.�  Its not so easy to reprint since my map cost me over $500. I think I would have gone with this version.

Yes, I’m also having a metal map done, and I forgot to have them reverse it as well. I should have written me a note, instead of relying on my memory. Mine is also over $500.00. It is 48x48 for each map. It is still being worked on. I may see if I could change the roundels, but I’ve probably waited too late. We will see! :-(

• Customizer

Guys,

––Well, I didn’t get to finish uploading the Italian C.202 Fighter pics before I had to leave hurriedly,….so here are the Red stripe with Red nosed “Squadron colors” below. Notice the “F” decals denoting a Fighter unit. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Red S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Red S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And to finish out the Italian C.202 Fighters we have the Red stripe, Brown nosed “Squadron colors”. Note the “F” decal denoting a Fighter unit. Enjoy.

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Fighter (C.202) Red S & Brown N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Cyanight & others,

@cyanight:

Very nice!  Those have great detail.
    ––Glad you enjoyed them. These are the Italian Fighters from
    O.O.B. 1940 2nd Edition-Europe.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

John and others,

@John:

**––Well, I want to say THANKS to R Johnson from over in Tyler as HE is the one that put me on to these decals. They are from PICO ARMOR if I remember correctly.

Tall Paul**

Decals, Pico_Italian Roundels-01.jpg

@Tall:

John and others,

@John:

**––Well, I want to say THANKS to R Johnson from over in Tyler as HE is the one that put me on to these decals. They are from PICO ARMOR if I remember correctly.

Tall Paul**

Cool, thanks Paul. :-)

• Customizer

Guys,

––Here are the Finished pics of the Italian BA.65 Dive Bombers in the Desert scheme . These are FMG units in the “Squadron colors” of Green Stripes w/Green noses. Notice the “D” decal that denotes a Dive Bomber. Enjoy!
    ––NOTE: I made a conscious decision to slightly compromise historical accuracy in order to improve Unit Identity by painting the leading edge of ALL Dive Bomber wings Yellow. This really aids unit identity even when the map is very cluttered, or the units are 5-10 feet away. We play on a much enlarged map and this small compromise helps players a LOT, especially my 90-year old Dad, a WW-2 vet.

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Dive (BA.65) Green S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Dive (BA.65) Green S&N-02CC.jpg

• Customizer

Guys,

––And here are the Italian BA.65 Dive Bombers in the “Squadron colors” of Red stripes w/Red noses. Note the “D” decal that denotes a Dive Bomber. Enjoy!

Tall Paul

Italy_desert Bomber, Dive (BA.65) Red S&N-01CC.jpg
    Italy_desert Bomber, Dive (BA.65) Red S&N-02CC.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m