Global 2nd edition rules….Alpha +3 is done!

• Is there anything wrong with bidding? AA 50 seemed to work ok with it or is it that larry misrepresents alpha 3 as being balanced?

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@morrel:

Is there anything wrong with bidding? AA 50 seemed to work ok with it or is it that larry misrepresents alpha 3 as being balanced?

Nothing at all.

• Didn’t you use to dislike bids?

@Zallomallo:

Didn’t you use to dislike bids?

I used to think the game was pretty balanced back in Anniversary and for the most part, Alpha 2 with some minor caveats thrown in (such as a gentleman’s agreement not to attack London before Round 5).

Now without said gentleman’s agreement, England has no chance at all of surviving until Round 5 unless they are given some serious equipment back.

• LOL anniversary is balanced. LOL Jen you make me laugh. The bids are 13 or more.

@theROCmonster:

LOL anniversary is balanced. LOL Jen you make me laugh. The bids are 13 or more.

Let me rephrase… Back in the old days (like what, last year?) we pretty much thought Anniversary was balanced.

Now, if the bid is 13 ipc today (not disputing it) then it’s more balanced than any of the other versions of the game.  Classic had 14-20 ipc bids, Revised had 15 IPC bids give or take, Anniversary (you say) has a 13 ipc bid and Alpha 3 has (I say) a 30 IPC bid minimum.  That’s best as I can reckon, anyway, don’t take it as no gospel!  Been a LONG arse time since I done pulled out my revised board, not to say anything bout dem dere classic, ya’hear?

• but what are your rules on bidding. What if UK builds 5 subs for his bid?

• revised bid is at 7 with dice and 9 with LL.

• @Cmdr:

Wow, that sucks…he shoved a bunch of useless changes on us at the last minute and then drops it?

WHat has he changed since late october?

• @theROCmonster:

but what are your rules on bidding. What if UK builds 5 subs for his bid?

i was just thinking along the same line.

(subs or AC + fig, or BB + something or whatever other combination of fleet. Or stack Egypt… or Med fleet :D )

Edit: just a better set-up will be fine

@ghr2:

@Cmdr:

Wow, that sucks…he shoved a bunch of useless changes on us at the last minute and then drops it?

WHat has he changed since late october?

Nothing, but late October to early November isn’t enough time to really play test anything and there are a lot of things to play test.

As for bidding rules, I am heavily leaning towards limiting Alpha 3 tournament and league games to bids for +/- AA Guns only in a blind bid format.  I can, of course, still be talked out of it and into some other form of bidding for the 2012 AA40 League.  (I can also be talked into using the Delta 1 rules for the league…_)

• '10

@Cmdr:

As for bidding rules, I am heavily leaning towards limiting Alpha 3 tournament and league games to bids for +/- AA Guns only in a blind bid format.

Just out of curiosity, why ?

What’s wrong with letting people bid what they want ?

• TripleA

I still dont’ fully understand the new AA gun rules, I’ve read them a few times.

@94Canuck:

I still dont’ fully understand the new AA gun rules, I’ve read them a few times.

If you attack with 3 or less fighters then the AA Gun fires at each of them.
    If you attack with 4 or more fighters then the AA Gun fires at three of them, the rest do not get targetted.

This is per aa gun.

• Plus they can now be taken as casualties in combat, and can no longer be captured.

• …or even other aircraft besides fighters.

Also I believe defender chooses casualties right Jen?  Shouldn’t you put the whole sequence down?

@JimmyHat:

…or even other aircraft besides fighters.

Also I believe defender chooses casualties right Jen?  Shouldn’t you put the whole sequence down?

Example:

Germany sends 5 Fighters, 5 Tactical Bombers, 2 Strategic Bombers from Holland to England.
    England has 4 AA Guns and 1 Fighter on it.

Start of Combat:

Opening Fire:
    England rolls 12 AA Gun shots.
    Germany selects any fighter or bomber of its choice until all hits have been assigned.
    Germany rolls attack dice against the defending fighter.
    England assigns any hit to the fighter.
    England rolls defense dice for the fighter.
    Germany selects a hit if one was scored and removes said plane from battle.
    Germany lands planes during NCM

• the alpha 3 is pretty much where this game is  a larry quote  sounds like some wiggle room to me

@morrel:

the alpha 3 is pretty much where this game is  a larry quote  sounds like some wiggle room to me

I am, currently, leaning towards a Delta 1 ruleset for AA.org official functions.  I might change my mind based on what comes out at the end, but yea.

• TripleA

@Cmdr:

@JimmyHat:

…or even other aircraft besides fighters.

Example:

Germany sends 5 Fighters, 5 Tactical Bombers, 2 Strategic Bombers from Holland to England.
    England has 4 AA Guns and 1 Fighter on it.

Start of Combat:

Opening Fire:
    England rolls 12 AA Gun shots.
    Germany selects any fighter or bomber of its choice until all hits have been assigned.
    Germany rolls attack dice against the defending fighter.
    England assigns any hit to the fighter.
    England rolls defense dice for the fighter.
    Germany selects a hit if one was scored and removes said plane from battle.
    Germany lands planes during NCM

Is the 3 die/AA gun set.  Say, you only have 2 fighters, and 1 AA gun, can it fire 3 shots, or is it limited to 2?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m