• I have always wanted to add oil centers as a house rule but need help developing rules for them, and what territories they should belong in. So far my list of which territories should have oil centers are:

Slovakia/Hungary
    Romania
    Caucasus
    Northwest Persia
    Persia
    Iraq
    Saudi Arabia
    Sumatra
    Java
    Venezuela
    Mexico
    Central United States
    Alaska
    Borneo
    Kazakhstan

Please feel free to criticize the list or make additions, any help is appreciated  :-)

• Good. you left off Celebes which for some stupid reason was part of the DEI NO for Japan. Problem was Celebes has no oil or anything of value, except large spiders.

• After digging through the forums I am leaning towards the 1d6 for each oil center held. At the begging of  
    the game the following countries will control these number of oil centers.

Germany -2
    Russia - 2
    Japan - 0 (but able to focus on the DEI)
    UK - 1 (Can take Persia and Iraq)
    USA - 3
    Italy - 0 (Better reason to push into the Middle East)
    ANZAC - 0 (Can take DEI)
    France - 0
    China - 0

P.S. Any territories that I should add?

• i think libya has oil and algeria has some too, not sure if they were developed back then though  :| .

• Iran, Burma, Nigeriga, Columbia, have 21 derricks setup in my game. Lose territory pay double icp value. value is 2 pay 4 to new owner. Got to have at least 1 oil derrick by a certain turn. If you don’t,  then you can’t move certain pieces on a die roll.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@molinar13:

After digging through the forums I am leaning towards the 1d6 for each oil center held. At the begging of  

Germany -2
    Russia - 2
    USA - 3
    ANZAC - 0 (Can take DEI)
    France - 0
    China - 0

USA seems low, they controlled 60-80% of the oil in 1939 depending on where you read the information from.

• @coachofmany:

@molinar13:

After digging through the forums I am leaning towards the 1d6 for each oil center held. At the begging of 

Germany -2
    Russia - 2
    USA - 3
    ANZAC - 0 (Can take DEI)
    France - 0
    China - 0

USA seems low, they controlled 60-80% of the oil in 1939 depending on where you read the information from.

You are right; However, the US already has a monster income and for balance purposes I thought 3 would be enough. SS that is an interesting rule that I will have to try out.

• What about Siberia? I’m pretty sure there’s quite a bit of oil there.

• Alberta.

• Saudi Arabia oil deposits were discovered after the war and France has a small oilfield, Pechelbronne I believe. Their were also large stockpiles of oil in Netherlands and Belgiumvso maybe Germany rolls a one time roll of oil resources. I don’t know how you are setting up the oil rules though.

• What if instead of using the oil centers for IPC value, what if you somehow came up with a rule about using oil, and depleating your oil resources. This is just an idea in progress, but I thought of it thinking how Germany began to run low on oil towards the end of the war.

Each oil center produces so many thousands of barrels of oil per turn (can be more first in my head though). Each mechanical device can only be purchased if you have enough oil. EX. Iraq produces 40 thousand barrels of oil per turn and Germany controls it, so germany gets 40,000 barrels of oil per turn. However, for each tank on the board, he has to use 1,000 barrels per turn, each airplane, 500 and so on. If he doesn’t have enough oil, he can only move units for which he has enough oil. So say he has 35 tanks (35,000 barrels) and 20 airplanes (10,000 barrels). He would only be able to move a combination of units that equals 40,000 barrels of oil.

The 000 at the end could be cut off for easy adding purposes 40 barrels 1 per tank and soo on. Just an idea but sounds fun.

@Imperious:

Good. you left off Celebes which for some stupid reason was part of the DEI NO for Japan. Problem was Celebes has no oil or anything of value, except large spiders.

Are u kidding Imp? The worst enemy I ever fought were those Damn Celebian spiders,

Just look at it eat that poor soldier.

These are not ur normal spiders here

• I like this idea, especially the one about securing oil resources to move units. I think the number of barrels per units needs to be adjusted, but I’m still working on the numbers myself, so its definitely not a criticism. With the inclusion of the IPC and Convoy economic systems, it’ll be a great addition.

The Chinese had technically one producing oilfield, in Yumen. Don’t know if you would want to add it, with some type of restriction or something…

The British also controlled another oilfield in Burma, at Yenangyaung.

http://pwencycl.kgbudge.com/O/i/Oil.htm

Could surely add some flavor in the Pacific theater.

• Saudi Arabia should have no oil in this game

Like said above SAs oil was not discovered until after the war

• Canada has oil too!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

SHHH.

• I like the oil used for movement. As for income, I don’t think oil should count for it as it’s powerful enough for movement…

There has GOT to be a way to bomb oil…perhaps “oil facilities” that can be SBR’ed like normal?

• Should have oils in:
    Us mainland Territories (3)
    Sauda Arabia
    Persia
    Northwest Persia
    Mexico
    Iraq
    Caucasus
    Slovakia/Hungary
    Romania
    Alberta
    Columbia