• We are the fans of AA40G on china,we have some ideas hope to share with other fans about game balance.If the cause of reading difficulties, please forgive us.

I can’t understand the mean and Larry’s idea on Alpha+3.Germany are more power.At same time,Japan also.Axis are too strong,I use Axis never lose on one year get 40 wins.
    Now Germany can produce tank for all ipc,then can destory SU on 100%.
    Of course,all plane attack all sea unit of UK,if UK didn’t have any sea unit,Italy can have 45 IPC or more,and can stop US enter the Mediterranean Sea.and Uk can’t do anything on 3 turns.
    If UK attack Europe using all power,then Japan can get 70 IPC after 5 turns.And the same time,US can’t increase the pressure to Germany.1 Transport + 1 Infantry + 1 TANK=16IPC.US can only have 52+52+52 ipc.So just have 30 unit can land Europe.At that time,Germany can produce tank 2 turns on West Germany,and pari make 3 infantry for every turns.If do like that,Germany can eliminate UK all unit on Europe.If UK attack norway,Germany can ignore UK,attack SU for all power.
    If UK attack Japan,Europe will be game over more quick,at the sametime,UK can’t do anything to japan on 7 turns.
    On Alpha+3,UK lose 20 ipc,but UK are the life of ally.SU didn’t have any power to defend Germany,and didn’t have any “supply” concept.So I say:"Germany can’t be stoped,The rapid demise of the Soviet Union is inevitable.

So,I hope US can return the begin,reward just 30 IPC for ctrls Eastern, Western and Central USA.I am just at that time,lose once.I ignore US so long,so i hope i can say the pressure again.

==================

the army way of Germany:baltic=>belarus=>somlensk
    attack SU at the 3rd turn.Then my army have 20 Infantry.5 Artillery and 20 tanks.
    when get smolensk, ,the number of tank can increase to 30.why not to attack Leningrad?That’s my pround way.If SU just defend in Leningrad,When you get belarus,SU didn’t have any choice except all army attack Germany. Or,these units can’t be back to Moscow.So at that time,SU will be fall by Germany.and SU can’t do anything to  Germany beacause when SU got poland,Germany can make many defenders on Berlin.
    Of course,SU can give up Leningrad,back to defend Moscow.Then,Germany can get Leningrad with out any lose.
    then the army also can get smolensk,then attack Caucasas.
    If SU use this way,Germany can get 80 ipc after 7 turns.At last,didn’t attack Moscow.Using advantage,make army more stronger.then you can get SU easyly.
    If Germany have more than 80 Ipc,he can produce 2 turns plane,and gather in pari,then nobody can stop you.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Double check the rules you are using, and make sure they are the right ones.

It is  VERY difficult for the Axis to win…

• @Gargantua:

As you say,I think you didn’t know what i say.First,if Russia is be Occupied.Germany will be Invincible on Eurasia.Then They can make many units to attack uk.Nobody can stop this.So we all think,if russia is lost,Axis will be win!,So tell me why you say it’s difficult for the Axis to win.BTW,Our rule will be ok,especially on Eurasia.

• @eheroboy:

@Gargantua:

As you say,I think you didn’t know what i say.First,if Russia is be Occupied.Germany will be Invincible on Eurasia.Then They can make many units to attack uk.Nobody can stop this.So we all think,if russia is lost,Axis will be win!,So tell me why you say it’s difficult for the Axis to win.BTW,Our rule will be ok,especially on Eurasia.

I’ve played this game a couple of times and I’ve looked at a lot of reports on other people playing it and the general consensus seems to be that the Allies have an easier time winning, which would contradict what you’re saying.

Here are a few questions:
    If Russia is lost to Germany then Germany is pretty powerful.  But Russia isn’t that easy to conquer.  What is it doing that is apparently so ineffective?
    Is the USA doing anything in Europe?  If not, that may be why the Axis always wins.  The USA needs to be prepared to jump into Europe even if it’s focusing on the Pacific if Germany is close to victory.
    What are Britain and Japan doing?

• @Ruanek:

@eheroboy:

@Gargantua:

I’ve played this game a couple of times and I’ve looked at a lot of reports on other people playing it and the general consensus seems to be that the Allies have an easier time winning, which would contradict what you’re saying.

If Russia is lost to Germany then Germany is pretty powerful.  But Russia isn’t that easy to conquer.  What is it doing that is apparently so ineffective?
    Is the USA doing anything in Europe?  If not, that may be why the Axis always wins.  The USA needs to be prepared to jump into Europe even if it’s focusing on the Pacific if Germany is close to victory.

I had writen my way to defeat SU,so you tell me how to stop this?I’m just make many tanks on 7 turns,then the SU will be lose.You tell me USA will stop this,but at my words,Germany can make many airunits to stop it on paris.And if USA don’t do anything on pacific,Japan will be dangerous.And USA can do nothing to stop Japan.So i hope know your war report to see that。

• @Ruanek:

Important questions!

• @eheroboy:

I had writen my way to defeat SU,so you tell me how to stop this?I’m just make many tanks on 7 turns,then the SU will be lose.You tell me USA will stop this,but at my words,Germany can make many airunits to stop it on paris.And if USA don’t do anything on pacific,Japan will be dangerous.And USA can do nothing to stop Japan.So i hope know your war report to see that。

Eheroboy, i don’t know what the UK and especially USA have done in your games, but it seems they did it badly.

It looks like your Germany is going all-Russia, so there is not much threat to UK?

My short answer would be: control Gibraltar, take Italy out.  :-D

@eheroboy:

the army way of Germany:baltic=>belarus=>somlensk
    attack SU at the 3rd turn.Then my army have 20 Infantry.5 Artillery and 20 tanks.
    when get smolensk, ,the number of tank can increase to 30.why not to attack Leningrad?That’s my pround way.If SU just defend in Leningrad,When you get belarus,SU didn’t have any choice except all army attack Germany. Or,these units can’t be back to Moscow.So at that time,SU will be fall by Germany.and SU can’t do anything to  Germany beacause when SU got poland,Germany can make many defenders on Berlin.
    Of course,SU can give up Leningrad,back to defend Moscow.Then,Germany can get Leningrad with out any lose.
    then the army also can get smolensk,then attack Caucasas.
    If SU use this way,Germany can get 80 ipc after 7 turns.At last,didn’t attack Moscow.Using advantage,make army more stronger.then you can get SU easyly.
    If Germany have more than 80 Ipc,he can produce 2 turns plane,and gather in pari,then nobody can stop you.

Russia can position themself in Bryansk / Belarus early in the game, and give up leningrad if they have to. Block as you can. Perhaps your Leningrad forces could retreat to Archangel, where they still have options to threaten Belarus and Smolensk). Another option is to try a counter attack in the South, but this is risky as you draw away troops from the defence of Moscow…

But 80 IPC for Germany? That sounds very bad. Allies need to convoy raid 125 (isn’t there a german NO as well?) and go after Scandinavia. Take some IPC’s off germany.

• @eheroboy:

@Ruanek:

@eheroboy:

@Gargantua:

It is  VERY difficult for the Axis to win…

If Russia is lost to Germany then Germany is pretty powerful.  But Russia isn’t that easy to conquer.  What is it doing that is apparently so ineffective?
    Is the USA doing anything in Europe?  If not, that may be why the Axis always wins.  The USA needs to be prepared to jump into Europe even if it’s focusing on the Pacific if Germany is close to victory.

The USA can do nothing to stop Japan?  I’m not sure we’re playing the same game.:)  Right now it’s popular for the USA to focus on containing Japan before investing heavily in Europe.  I personally generally build  a fleet to match Japan then start to gradually shift towards Europe, building more in the Pacific if Japan’'s fleet can beat mine or building more in the Atlantic if Germany is getting close to victory.  What do the UK and USA generally do in your games?  Do Italy and Germany ever have to deal with D-Day style landings or landings in Italy?  What kind of buildup of troops dose Russia have, particularly in Moscow?  Which VCs is Germany taking to win?  I’d guess the ones in Russia and Paris and Cairo, because if you’re not building a navy London, Ottawa and DC are a bit difficult.  If you’re winning with just those, then it should be relatively easy for the Allies to reinforce Cairo, take Rome, or liberate Paris, at least.  Are they even trying to go for any of those goals?

You think you have an unbeatable strategy that makes the Axis impossible to defeat.  I’ve played a couple games and in my experience the game seems to favor the Allies.  Maybe you should answer our questions about what the countries are doing before you say Germany can’t be stopped, because I guarantee that your strategy can be beaten.  Just because you haven’t seen it yet doesn’t mean it isn’t possible.  Whoever’s playing the Allies needs to come up with a better strategy - or take a look at all the good strategies here on these forums.

Again, please tell us what the USA and UK (both sides) are doing.

• My suggestion is,  fire the allied commanders and get replacements.  If your winning that much with the axis the allies are doing something wrong or the rules are not being followed properly.

• OK,I write it simplily

1 turn
    Germany 5 tank,attack pari,other sea unit
    SU 6 tank empty front
    Japan gather on 36 or 33 attack yunnan
    US  carrier on 10 and transpot on 101
    UK defend sealion and protect cario,just attack 96 use airunit
    italy get moroco and gibetar,make 92~98 empty
    other little country do anything earn more IPC
    that’s first turn.

other turn
    Germany always attack SU
    SU protect NOvgorod or Russia
    Japan defeat China and get Dutch island
    US just wait for chance to attack(but 1:japan navy are too strong 2:if attack Germany,Germany will be empty Normandy,than next turn attack Normandy。
    UK just defend and stop Italy on Africa。
    Italy just do anything to make his IPC more and more。
    that’s all。

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

SU 6 tank empty front

That’s just the beginning of your problems.

If the Germans just build all tanks, just build ALL infantry with Russia,  you will kill them everytime.

• Tanks cost twice as much as infantry, and only offer 3 attack to an infantry’s 2 defense.  Russia should be able to do ok against that unless it isn’t buying that much infantry.

With no Sea Lion threat (especially if you’ve used this same strategy in 40+ games) it shouldn’t be hard for Britain to hold Cairo.  Does it?  If it does, then Germany can’t win.  It’s fairly straightforward.  If Germany can take Moscow and not have any threats in Europe then the Allies aren’t being aggressive enough.

If Germany has a lot of units around France, the USA can easily go somewhere else - most likely Italy, but potentially it could go for reinforcing Egypt or potentially even reinforcing Russia. And if Germany is emptying Normandy then the UK can land there too and make a decent combined defense.  Every German unit killed or sent to reinforce France (or Italy) is a unit that can’t help to beat Russia.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Gargantua:

Alpha 2 agreed
    Alpha 3 agreed to a lesser extent.

@Gargantua:

SU 6 tank empty front

That’s just the beginning of your problems.

If the Germans just build all tanks, just build ALL infantry with Russia,  you will kill them everytime.

Agreed, the tank dash strategy has been debunked.  It reared its head in Revised, Anniversary, OOB-G40 and Alpha 2 (unsure on Alpha 1) and now in Alpha 3.

Biggest problem with tank dash has always been you will never get double movement out of them on the front lines.  You can reinforce quickly, but not move in double. 
    Second biggest problem is that Russia can purchse 2 infantry for every 1 tank you build.  THat’s 4 defensive punch vs 3 attacking punch. 
    Third biggest problem is that Germany cannot afford the tens of tanks needed to accomplish this.  (At the very least I expect a working strategy would require no less than 40 tanks, more likely 60 if you consider your casualities as well.)

• eheroboy, It is a little difficult to understand what you are trying to say and i think many people are questioning what you are saying because they are having the same problem so let me as you a very important question, Ni hui shuo Zhongwen ma? Ni ming bai ma?

• you gotta change your keyboard to hieroglyphs, the Chinese don’t use Roman letters like the rest of the world.  Beware the future!

I took a chinese history class last semester.  All their Emperors gave themselves ruling names.  So for instance I’d become Brad the Peaceful Lily or something.  In class I said, did anyone ever give themselves a cool name like ‘brad the badass’ or Brad the Lionheart’.  The teacher just giggled and said no.:)

• @JimmyHat:

you gotta change your keyboard to hieroglyphs, the Chinese don’t use Roman letters like the rest of the world.

allow me to introduce you to why you are wrong  :-D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinyin

and I tried to PM the guy but the browser on my computer at work didnt want to load it for some reason, sorry

• @Clyde85:

eheroboy, It is a little difficult to understand what you are trying to say and i think many people are questioning what you are saying because they are having the same problem so let me as you a very important question, Ni hui shuo Zhongwen ma? Ni ming bai ma?

Yeah,I know that,so i am sorry.

我只是想告诉你们,德国的坦克战术是非常可行的,当坦克堆到莫斯科城下,可以不用总攻,而是不停堆积兵力.
    另外我想说,英国和美国的登录很难对德国起到作用,因为只需要空出诺曼底,然后用两回合堆积兵力即可反堆.

I just want to tell you,the tank strategy of Germany are possible.Before tank enter russia,it can give up attack directly,just choose to produce more units.When there are too many unit on su,Germany can defeat Russia.BTW,the landing of UK and US are invalid to Germany.Beacause Germany just need empty Normany,then produce two turns unit,than can defeat unit on Normany.

At last,I am so sorry for my poor English.

• @eheroboy:

@Clyde85:

eheroboy, It is a little difficult to understand what you are trying to say and i think many people are questioning what you are saying because they are having the same problem so let me as you a very important question, Ni hui shuo Zhongwen ma? Ni ming bai ma?

I just want to tell you,the tank strategy of Germany are possible.Before tank enter russia,it can give up attack directly,just choose to produce more units.When there are too many unit on su,Germany can defeat Russia.BTW,the landing of UK and US are invalid to Germany.Beacause Germany just need empty Normany,then produce two turns unit,than can defeat unit on Normany.

The thing with tanks is they’re outmatched by 2 infantry for the same price.  Even with a weaker economy Russia can do fairly well against an all tank army unless they’re using it wrong.

If Normandy is taken, the Allies can reinforce it from London and possibly DC (depending on the transport situation).  And if Germany can beat even that, then the Allies just need to get more transports and get more troops.  Or they could go for Rome or reinforce Cairo - those would also stop a German victory.

• @eheroboy:

@Clyde85:

I have also seen the tank dash work well against Russia, especially considering the number of Inf Germany starts the game with.  It did however lose steam and break at the gates of Moscow due to UK and US pressure in Italy and France.  The secret is when moving the US army to Gib, don’t leave!  Keep building up that force.  It requires Germ and Italy to constantly add to their defense of the entire European coast.  Once you see a decent landing zone, head right in!  The threat of your massive landing force in Gibraltar should greatly reduce the German drive….that or try playing the other side once and awhile.  Give your opponents a chance to be the aggressor and see if they can win.

Now to poke fun, cause its what I do, I thought I would translate that last part into traditional Chinese for you.

Sideways Y, little house, sideways elephant, Indian teepee, upside-down house, TV with antenna, little house, Letter ‘M’ with 20 additional pen strokes.

• Sponsor

It sounds like you need to get back to basics with the allies.

Uk London- build an invasion force that will capture and hold the Denmark straights, build enough in S Africa to prevent a total continental callape at the hands of Italy.

Uk Callcuta- protect your capital and challenge the Japs for all Dutch real-estate.

Russia- A heavy defense mixed with selective aggression.

USA- build a large enough invasion force that can threaten Germany after the straight is open, or at least West Germany. Build a fleet strong enough to sink the Japaneese fleet (a good US player can do all of this).

ANZAC- take out stray Jap ships with subs or Strategic bombers, island hop and take back Phillipeenes.

China- build Infantry in the rear, wait for Japan to spread thin, and attack.

France- walk around aimlessly in Africa.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m