• I have always had a problem with Anzac and wanted others opinons

• Take Dutch East Indies (Java, Celebes, Sumatra) with your original transport, and build subs, lots of subs - You can build three each round once you have Sumatra and Java.  Do not stack the subs, spread them all out everywhere one per zone and convoy raid.  Make Japan have to build DD to hunt them all down.

• @450thMSAF:

I have always had a problem with Anzac and wanted others opinons

Invade japanese islands but also be ready to defend the coast

• also is there any way that i can get more ipcs with anzac

• @450thMSAF:

also is there any way that i can get more ipcs with anzac

Go for the National Objectives, any time Japan leaves a island with few troops go for it.

• First of all, defend Hong Kong and Invade Italy shouldn’t be on the list, as this is not realistic. W/Anzac, there are two strategies : #1). Declare war on Japan, get your NO’s. #2). Don’t declare war on Japan, invade the DEI islands, build up your economy, build navy, harass the Japs, defend your coast and depending on what the US does, work w/the US. I’ve also built an airbase in Wau, built FTR’s every turn and flown about 5 or 6 FTR’s up to India or Yunnan for help w/defense also works as a strategy. An AB in Wau will also help kill any undefended transports in the area, plus if you have any navy left, you can use Anzac DD’s and the cruiser, plus any subs you’ve built w/your FTR’s to kill lone subs and Jap destroyers in the area.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Work with the US and prevent the fall of Sydney/Honolulu, until the japs run out of steam.

Use harassment tactics, and focus on getting NO’s.

Thats it.

• I voted invade japanese islands but honestly you should be building mostly subs and the occasional transport/destroyer. I just played a game where America and India really dropped the ball on containing the japanese fleet and the 3 or 4 subs that anzac was able to produce per turn kept the Japanese fleet in check and basically saved the dutch east indies and everything in that area.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I think one of the biggest mistakes you can make with ANZAC is to take all of the Dutch East Indies.  Keep in mind you only have 1 minor complex, which means anything over 26 IPC is going to end up in unused IPC (more than likely) until you can purchase a second complex for Queensland.

Meanwhile, India has a major complex and that would require a minimum of 30 IPC a round to use to maximal capacity.

As for which route is “better” it depends on what you are doing!

If you are smashing Japan’s navy first, then you’ll want destroyers for picket ships and a few transports to grab islands like Pauline, Formosa, Okinawa, Marshalls and Marianas (I like America to have Iwo Jima since it is easy for them to grab, and can hit virtually anything you need if you have a navy base on it.)

If you are going after Italy, maybe you want a naval base in W. Australia so you can shuttle troops up to India faster?  Dunno, never used Australia in this manner before.

• Sponsor

Start fleet and air force. One of Japans only options for success is to grab the southern islands and collect that NO (its big money to Japan). One way Japan will try this is to split up their fleet and take all the islands within 2 rounds. their may be lots of stranded transports or small fleets containing maybe 1 transport and a destroyer. Thats where ANZAC will come in with their subs and strategic bombers, first round = 1 sub, second round = 1 strategic bomber. If ANZAC can get their NO and hold Celebes, than they can afford 1 sub and 1 bomber every round. That will make Japan think twice about jumping on those islands.

• Depends how the game is going. In a current one I’m locked in right now, Germany is running rampant, Moscow has fallen, London has fallen (liberation of London will occur this turn as Axis garrison is really weak with 1 inf), but Japan is contained to Tokyo and makes less than 10 IPC a turn. In this scenario, I’ve moved ANZAC’s base of operations from Australia to Brazil. Now, they can feasibly contribute to the Allies in Europe.

• Sponsor

@warwinner:

Depends how the game is going. In a current one I’m locked in right now, Germany is running rampant, Moscow has fallen, London has fallen (liberation of London will occur this turn as Axis garrison is really weak with 1 inf), but Japan is contained to Tokyo and makes less than 10 IPC a turn. In this scenario, I’ve moved ANZAC’s base of operations from Australia to Brazil. Now, they can feasibly contribute to the Allies in Europe.

Sounds like Sydney is soon to be in jeopardy.

• @Young:

@warwinner:

Depends how the game is going. In a current one I’m locked in right now, Germany is running rampant, Moscow has fallen, London has fallen (liberation of London will occur this turn as Axis garrison is really weak with 1 inf), but Japan is contained to Tokyo and makes less than 10 IPC a turn. In this scenario, I’ve moved ANZAC’s base of operations from Australia to Brazil. Now, they can feasibly contribute to the Allies in Europe.

Sounds like Sydney is soon to be in jeopardy.

No worries about that, the Pacific Theater is undoubtedly under Allies’ control. Japan has no ships, and 1 fighter. The U.S. is about to routinely begin SBR on Tokyo. China is a  monster and will prevent Japan from retaking the coast, IF Japan even manages to rebuild a Navy while a combined fleet of U.S. and ANZAC ships sit in SZ 6.

• as long as you have anzac in europe secure the bottom of africa get the minor ic in south africa get the uk back as soon as you can

• Here’s for what I think their for.

Be little pests towards Japan.

Look for weak spots in any Japanese defense land or water and then hit them hard. I also like them being the major navy in the pacific for the allies until the US comes in and destroys them. I actually think they’re more important then China, Pacific UK, and Russia, for they can be on Asia or land, and Japan usually has more important things to focus on.

• Sponsor

@Dylan:

Here’s for what I think their for.

Be little pests towards Japan.

Look for weak spots in any Japanese defense land or water and then hit them hard. I also like them being the major navy in the pacific for the allies until the US comes in and destroys them. I actually think they’re more important then China, Pacific UK, and Russia, for they can be on Asia or land, and Japan usually has more important things to focus on.

I agree, ANZAC’s nickname should be “The Pacific Pest”

• my dad says ANZAC sounds like a drug

• Sponsor

@450thMSAF:

my dad says ANZAC sounds like a drug

I think I’m on some Pro-ANZAC

• :-D

• if im lucky i should be able to play tonight

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics