Low-tech-fast-and-easy-dividers-using-3x5-index cards

• This is a copy of a post I put on BGG when Pacific came out. These are useful for Global too.

Here is a low tech and easy although less pretty solution for inserts.

Per tray, you will need 8 3x5" index cards, 20 staples and 1 stapler.

1. Load the stapler with staples.

2. Fold each index card in half. _The folded cards will look like this: ___

3. Take 4 of the above cards, place 1 staple near the middle [closer to the seem] and fold their edges backward to the seem. (basically folds them in half again with the staple holding this “divider” together. The divider will stand up on its folded back sections using the two new folds as “feet” or edges.) The divider will look like this: |

4. Take each divider and place one edge in between the non-seem side of one of the remaining 4 folded index cards from step 1. Place a staple on either side to hold them together. [Make sure you are stapling near each divider so that the staple connects the divider edge to the folded index card. The stapled section will look like this: |__

5. Now you have 4 divider/bottom sections. Take each section and place the seem side above the next dividers edge. As above, staple both sides of the edge to the seem side. This gives you 1 long section that just fits snug inside the axis tray.

Your tray divider will look like this: ||||_

I use the “short” end for Control Markers/Artillery/Mechanized Infantry, the next for Infantry/Tanks, the next for Air Units, the next for Transports/Subs/Destroyers, and the last for Battleships/Cruisers/and Air Craft Carriers.

This is an ugly duckling of tray dividers, that is easy and fast to make. If you can fold index cards and use a stapler, you have the necessary tools for the job._

• @JamesAleman:

This is a copy of a post I put on BGG when Pacific came out. These are useful for Global too.

Here is a low tech and easy although less pretty solution for inserts.

Per tray, you will need 8 3x5" index cards, 20 staples and 1 stapler.

1. Load the stapler with staples.

lamfo

• Good idea, but i think if you use long strips of paper and alot of folding, you can do with less stapling and get soemthing like this:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m