What do you use to count losses from combat?

• Sponsor

@Gliven:

My brother and I use a lot of dice.

Roll for 1’s. set aside dice that hit.
    Roll for 2’s. set aside dice that hit.
    Roll for 3’s. etc.
    count all the hits after round of battle.
    remove casualties.

We find this method much faster.

That’s a common system and a good one at that. I don’t trust players that say “I’ll count my own casualties in my head”, not that they’re cheating, but that stuff always ends up in arguments after battle rounds, so I end up counting all hits on my counters for my own piece of mind… plus there’s enough to think about during combat rounds without remembering how many times you hit.

• Customizer

We use the FMG Combat Dice so we can roll for both attacker and defender at the same time (we have a LOT of those dice).
    Also, we use a system like Gliven.

• '22 '16

For small battles we just remove pieces as they get hit.  For the large battles we have whoever is not rolling be a hit counter and record the hits using spare dice, and then at the end of the round tally up the hits and remove.  Also I don’t use the IPC track chart.  We just figure it out after your turn.  I didn’t know I was so hardcore.

• I use my fingers.

Right hand - Hits 1 through 5 normal; 6-10 pointing left; 11-15 pointing down; 16-20 pointing right.
    Left hand - Hits 21 through 25 normal; 26-30 pointing right; 31-35 pointing down; 36-40 pointing left.

If it goes beyond 40, start over on the right hand.  Once the hits are known, we just pull that many pieces from the board.  Each land piece has its own color poker chip (except ships, so many ship pieces), so armies get colorful and stand tall.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m