• +2 so far and has been pretty balanced but am looking forward to trying 3.9.

• Customizer

@munchie19:

Knp7765, it’s a '41 setup. I apologize my original post was incorrect, I’m in the middle of my second game of the alternate setup, here’s the link for the setup: http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=6834

Hey, I just checked it out. That’s really cool looking. Can’t wait to try a game with that setup very soon. A couple of cool things I noticed were the UK Major IC starting out with 5 points of damage – obvoiusly representing the German “Blitz” on England and the Italian Port with 5 Points of damage – probably representing the Taranto raid.

One thing that kind of bugged me was the Minor IC on New Zealand. I know that it’s worth 2 IPCs but isn’t New Zealand also considered an island and therefore incapable of having an IC? (By the way, Yes I know that Japan is also technically an island but it is also a Capital and the only exception to this rule) I’m just wondering if that IC should be on Queensland instead.

Anyway, thanks for the link.  I’m going to try this one out soon.

• Another thing I noticed about the setup is that some of the starting incomes aren’t correct. For example, Japan starts out with 31 (which is correct according to the setup), but they are not at war with any of the Allies, except for China, so they should receive that NO.

I really don’t think this setup limits the Axis options.

• @Gargantua:

Are you peeing on that rock wall in your avatar photo?

You have a dirty mind!   :-D

Short answer: no, I’m just watching the beautiful Mediterranean sea  :-)

• Customizer

@munchie19:

Another thing I noticed about the setup is that some of the starting incomes aren’t correct. For example, Japan starts out with 31 (which is correct according to the setup), but they are not at war with any of the Allies, except for China, so they should receive that NO.

This setup has them already occupying French Indo-China. That $10 NO for being at peace with the Western Allies includes Japan NOT invading FIC. Therefore, that NO is cancelled.

It looks like everyone has a lot more stuff in this setup. UK Europe seems to have roughly the same size navy – they lose a battleship but gain 2 more destroyers. I think I like it because I just LOVE playing with more pieces. Thanks again. Oh, and thank you oztea for putting it together.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m