• No but a guy named Pellulo probably inspired them to make it. He has been posting about a WW1 game as long as me and never relents his passion. If you repeat it enough, it WILL HAPPEN.

Please buy at least one copy, im sure 2-3 would be best however. What a great Christmas gift! i guess we will all be playing this game in December along with our FMG game pieces!

• Colors appear to be:

Grey-germany
    Blue- france
    White- ottomans
    Red- russia
    Green- italy
    Khaki - british
    Unknown- Austria Hungary

• @Imperious:

This is not the thread for that!

Print them anywhere EXCEPT KINKOS. Kinkos should be up on war crimes charges!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugmV–Pjr1U

il you are an actual genious

• IL, Thanks for for the tip. I won’t hi-jack this thread any further.  I will keep my comments to the current thread at hand.  V/R

• It looks really interesting put still a bit primitive, the sculpts look a bit crapy but overall I think is interesting.

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

I wouldn’t say the pieces are primitive. They are stylized, kind of like the Diplomacy tokens were. It seems to give the game an older look, like it was designed in the 60’s. I think it’s cool. Plus, this company seems to support independent game makers. Wargames made by wargamers. For sure worth my money!

• Gents, I think the designer is trying make them look like WWI ships.  You wouldn’t want a Iowa or Bizmarck class Battleship in this or a Sherman or Panther tank. Unless you are doing your own alternate timeline  This is going to be a cool game.  If you do not like they way the playing pieces look grab a paint brush after Christmas this year and paint them up.

• '10

@WARRIOR888:

Gents, I think the designer is trying make them look like WWI ships.  You wouldn’t want a Iowa or Bizmarck class Battleship in this or a Sherman or Panther tank. Unless you are doing your own alternate timeline  This is going to be a cool game.  If you do not like they way the playing pieces look grab a paint brush after Christmas this year and paint them up.

It is actually very clever.  The units are done in an _Art Deco_style that was popular in that period.  Look at some art work and posters of the Era… then you will understand.

• Nice find FMG I didn’t even think about that. If the designer of this game did that is really pretty cool.

• Oh my gosh this look sick! Its about time someone made a decent WW1 game. Very tempting to purchase this for the game itself and those pieces… :-o

• What is the delay? Just buy a copy, then when we make the Empires game you got pieces. That AA gun will be railway artillery unit. you cant go wrong with $50 bucks

Their site has been down for about a week. I hope they didn’t walk with my $50…

• I think not. FMG has an investment with them as well. I sent a email today. I will post the reply. The pictures are obviously down because they are linked to the site. Suspect they are improving the site

• '10

@Variable:

Their site has been down for about a week. I hope they didn’t walk with my $50…

I just spoke to them.  They were having a Server issue.  It will be back up shortly.

That’s what I figured (hoped). Best $50 to spend right now.

• Any pics of the map yet ?

Not really. But the site is back up so hopefully we will get some more info soon. I recommend that everyone who is interested go to their site and post on the bulletin board what they want to see / know about the game.

• Hmm… while I do appreciate their aesthetic goals, I think I’d prefer pieces that were a little more realistic and which didn’t do the whole using one sculpt for all the powers thing… Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure I’ll buy a copy when it’s available, but I still think a more AA-intercompatible style would have been fine, and I just have a hard time with games where my Germans look like Brits, etc.  And with all of those cool-looking dreadnoughts available, to have one that looks so stylized… and it looks like it has single-barrel turrets, too!  I can’t even tell what it’s supposed to be, and I know my dreadnoughts…

So, on one level I appreciate what they’re trying to do, but I can’t help but think it’s another missed opportunity to create a game that fits better with what the market really wants, which is a more AA-like game.

• The purpose of this game is not to provide historical roundels mantra or perfectly consistent and nationally dedicated WW1 pieces by nation. The pieces are universal and iconic to “look” basically like an average WW1 'ish looking unit. I suspect the game is very much like AA, not historical and sweeping generalizations and practical setup based on balance. Its not attempting to be anything more than fun game and thats just fine.

Milton Bradley AA did not have Historical pieces.

• @Imperious:

The purpose of this game is not to provide historical roundels mantra or perfectly consistent and nationally dedicated WW1 pieces by nation. The pieces are universal and iconic to “look” basically like an average WW1 'ish looking unit. I suspect the game is very much like AA, not historical and sweeping generalizations and practical setup based on balance. Its not attempting to be anything more than fun game and thats just fine.

Milton Bradley AA did not have Historical pieces.

True, but this is why I prefer the AH pieces.  Yes, I know this is a matter of taste and that compatibility with secondary-market pieces was the last thing on their mind… I’m just voicing my own preferences for the record, and I suspect that many on this forum have similar feelings.  I had the same reaction when I discovered that TWG did all German sculpts… having my Brits goose-stepping was just a bridge too far for me…

I’d kind of like to see an FMG or HBG take on this same concept with pieces more like what they’d do: more compatible and “modular” to use in all sorts of alternate variants and I fear that this might hurt that possibility becoming a reality.  I fully realize that this isn’t a goal of this company, and I do intend to pick up a copy if it actually becomes a reality.  Maybe if this company succeeds it will increase the chances of my ideal “Great War” game becoming a reality too, as it might prove that there’s a market for WWI and provide a board and pieces to use as a starting point…and I hope my fears are unfounded.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m