• In well-meaning discussions to improve this game, I’m seeing a lot of historical “facts” stated, and sometimes they’re completely inaccurate.

If you’re going to make a historical claim, please cite a source.

There has been so much written about this war that it’s ridiculous that we should be spreading misinformation.

Here’s a free State Dep. resource for pre-war conditions: http://www.ibiblio.org/pha/paw/

• Very good idea.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Wow citing the state deparment - because THAT’S ACCURATE?!?!?!?!?

You know that everything you learned in school or from the state is doused in inaccuracy anyways, where do you think these people get these ideas that they inaccuractly post about.

Way to go - yes - lets listen to the government I’m sure you can wholly accept whatever the American state officials have to say about the war at this given time.

And don’t get me started about Wiki-pedia.  I swear it’s everyday that the death totals for war casualites and war crimes ardously inflate.

Your comment should read - Don’t state a historcial fact unless it’s independantly verified by multiple sources, from BOTH SIDES.

• Im with Gar on this one…… Why not cite CNN

• These two books are good to have  2194 Days of war Copyright 1977 by Arnoldo Mondadori  the ISBN is 0-8317-88852-2,  and World War II Almanac 1931-1945 by Robert Goralski in 1981 the ISBN is0-241-10573-0 their good to have if you want to see what happened when, where and by who.

• Another good one is The History of World War II by Lt-colonel E. Bauer and Brigadier Peter Young

• Stay on topic.

• since were making a source list here is a few I have used:

The Armed Forces of World War II by Andrew Mollo

Brute Force by John Ellis

A War to be Won by Williamson Murry and Allen R. Millet

niehorster.orbat.com - World War II Armed Forces
    This is one I used heavily in making a 1941 Scenario for Pacific 1940.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m