• By this question I mean like as an example ANZAC and FEC may not build Capital ships but could get lend leased. I don’t know how many times I have seen the ANZAC with numerous Capital ships in this game, and to be frank playing the ANZAC I have done the same thing. It’s just not accurate. For my Global 36 game I have devised units and rules that are nation specific. I am curious about how other players approach this situation.

• Sponsor

Hey Leatherneck, ANZAC having multiple capital ships is well within the rules of the game. The thread you have created here may get moved to the house rules forum by a moderator. If this happens, don’t be discouraged… there are many enthusiastic members there willing to discuss historical accuracy and house rules.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

The game is totally unrealistic regarding the naval and air dispositions of the major powers.

Germany real life no 4 engine bombers
    AxA 2
    Japan real life 4 engine bombers
    AxA 2
    UK USA real life 4 engine bombers yes
    1 each

Real life navies 1939

BB  UK 9 Ger 3+2
    CV UK 4 Ger 0
    CA UK 35 Ger 7
    Destroyers 95 Ger 22
    Subs 25 Ger 41

This gets far worse by 1941 where UK had the same number of capital ships and destroyer fleets per home sector (there are 5-6) as Germany had total, all of which went to Norway and got demolished.  Ive charted this out on paper by reading the order of battle and it pretty clearly demonstrates that sea superiority and therefore sea lion were pure fascist fantasies.  Germany tossed bismark graf spee Tirpitz into the trash, and instead chose to build 800+ subs because they knew that their navy couldn’t ever conventionally outbuild or outfight the RN (just as ww1) even with higher quality armor, guns, training etc simply because of the RN lead and numbers.

this very clearly shows that the RN wipeout and Germany naval ambitions are for fantasy and fun purposes only

• '21 '20 '18 '17

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2CampaignRoyalNavy.htm

japan “no” 4 engine bombers (edit)

• Sponsor

I try to remind myself that A&A is a strategy board game with a WW2 theme… If I expect it to be a WW2 simulation type game, I’m gonna set myself up for disappointment every time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m