• Which post WWII conflict do you study most? What reason do you have for making your choice?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

“Let’s all go to Vietnam!”

• I voted for the Gulf War, in part because while I expected to go I did not expect to be as one-sided as it turned out.  Praise to George Bush (the first) and General Swartzkopf <sp?>fer getting it done before the politicians could mess another one up.

I also voted for the six day way cause that was a mess that really turned around.  It also helped us recognize that tanks needed another look.</sp?>

• The Boer War

• I chose the Falkland War. The war had battles from the air, ground and sea.

My second choice was the The Yom Kippur War, also known as the 1973 Arab-Israeli War. This war had some serious tank battles.

• The Boer War

???

Post WWII conflit…
    Boer war is before WWI…dude!!!

• @crusaderiv:

The Boer War

???

Post WWII conflit…

I was wondering when someone was going to respond this post.

• '10

I voted for the Gulf war and for Korea. My former Marine Div. was at the Frozen Chosin prior to my time in that Div. (1st Marine Div.) I dont see how I could have existed in that cold. Glad I missed that one. Of course I was just a kid then and may have been too dumb to know if I was cold or not.

ANYONE who battled the Ill’s of Communisn in the face of the world’s bitter extremes in a Hero.  NO greater human beings exsist.

Glad your unit was out there Fish, and if you had been amongst them - the patriotism in your heart, and hatred of your despicable enemies, would have kept your warm.

• '10

I voted for the Korean War and Vietnam.

They were both continuation fo struggles from WW2

• I chose other, the Cuban Missile Crisis. It just amazes me how close the world came to utter destruction with in those couple of weeks. And what would have happened if Kennedy had authorized stronger action against Cuba. If anything would have lead to world war III it would have defiantly been this conflict if things had gone south.

• @crusaderiv:

The Boer War

???

Post WWII conflit…

From what I have seen of his posts ‘Idi Amin’ is just a troll. And a poor one at that. I try to ignore anything he says and await the day he is banned.

I chose other, the Cuban Missile Crisis. It just amazes me how close the world came to utter destruction with in those couple of weeks. And what would have happened if Kennedy had authorized stronger action against Cuba. If anything would have lead to world war III it would have defiantly been this conflict if things had gone south.

Kennedy was a coward.  If we had gone in, we would have WON.  And the Big Red Dog would have been obliterated.

The saddest reality, is Patton had it right, we should have attacked Russia, whilst we still had the nuke and they didn’t.

Moscow would have got smashed, and we could have been Liberators.

The rest of the world wouldn’t have been so fked up after that.

• @molinar13:

I chose other, the Cuban Missile Crisis. It just amazes me how close the world came to utter destruction with in those couple of weeks. And what would have happened if Kennedy had authorized stronger action against Cuba. If anything would have lead to world war III it would have defiantly been this conflict if things had gone south.

The 1973 Arab-Israeli War pushed the Super Powers close to war also. The Soviets threaten to send 100,000 paratroopers into Israel, if the Israeli counter attack did not hault it’s advance into Egypt.

• @ABWorsham:

@molinar13:

The 1973 Arab-Israeli War pushed the Super Powers close to war also. The Soviets threaten to send 100,000 paratroopers into Israel, if the Israeli counter attack did not hault it’s advance into Egypt.

You bring a another conflict that could have easily, become a much bigger war. I do agree with Gargantua, Patton did have the right idea. I mean just look at most of the conflicts post WWII some would not have occurred had the USSR been defeated before hand.

• the ruwanda genoside

• @cminke:

the ruwanda genoside

The Ruwanda conflict is considered part of the Second Congo War. The war is also known as The Africa World War because it directly involved eight African nations, as well as about 25 armed groups.

The war is also known as The Africa World War because it directly involved eight African nations, as well as about 25 armed groups.

When’s the next one of those going to be, so I can get my popcorn ready?

• lol

• @ABWorsham:

The Ruwanda conflict is considered part of the Second Congo War. The war is also known as The Africa World War because it directly involved eight African nations, as well as about 25 armed groups.

It’s interesting that the amount of armed groups outnumbered the amount of countries by a factor of three to one.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m