• Thanks, Meethos!  :-)

• Can you activate a friendly neutral on your way to attacking an enemy tt?

i.e. german tank in Nrwy goes to finland and then attacks Karelia

• @The:

Can you activate a friendly neutral on your way to attacking an enemy tt?

i.e. german tank in Nrwy goes to finland and then attacks Karelia

Nope! The friendly neutral part is a non-combat move.

• Official Q&A

Also, movement must stop once you enter a friendly neutral.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Also, movement must stop once you enter a friendly neutral

LOL That’s my favourite part,

If you have a GOOD axis campaign going, where you turn ALL neutrals pro-allied,  and you get an Axis South America campaign, the american’s can’t “Blitz in” to stop you! :P :P :P

• Fighters and Tactical bombers can scramble from Japan since it’s an island, right?

if Japan get’s taken over by the allies, it’s complex is reduced to a minor. But if Japan takes it back, could it upgrade to a major? The reason I ask this is because IC are not supposed to be built on islands.

Thanks,

–Giovanni

• @giovdb:

Fighters and Tactical bombers can scramble from Japan since it’s an island, right?

if Japan get’s taken over by the allies, it’s complex is reduced to a minor. But if Japan takes it back, could it upgrade to a major? The reason I ask this is because IC are not supposed to be built on islands.

Thanks,

–Giovanni

Yes to scrambling per OOB rules.  Alpha revised airbases to allow scrambling to any sz adjacent to an airbase, but is limited to 3 aircraft per airbase total (so the UK can scramble, as well as Germany, Norway, Italy, etc.)

Yes to upgrading.  Easily justified as seperate from island IC rules as setup is completely different from placement.

• Hi there!

My first post!  :-)

Always been bothered with this NO-question and would like to have some clarification. Hope some can shed some light on this… The weekend after next setting up AAG40 with my friends and playing axis…

At the start of the game (AAG40 Alpha2+) what is the starting IPC of each nation?

What makes it unclear to me? - The ‘at peace’-type of bonus. :?

For example,
    at J1,

• comprises Japan’s starting IPC of both the ‘at peace with Allies’-bonus AND its territorial income,
      or
    • comrises Japan’s starting IPC just the territorial income and has the ‘at peace with Allies’-bonus to be earned and can only be collected at the collect income of J1 and be spent for the first time in J2

Seems logical to me to include it, but I think some consensus on this forum would convince my friends better than just my compelling arguments…  :-D

• According to Krieg, all countries start with income just from their territory.  The bonus come into play during the collect income phase.  I believe this was answered on the forums over at Harris Game Design

• Official Q&A

Welcome, soldaatvanoranje!

Leddux is correct.

• Can Rockets attack bases or can they just attack Industrial Complexes?

Side note UBCON XXII is a “game convention” at the University of Buffalo’s North Campus in April.  I believe someone will be running an all day Saturday G40 event.

• Thanks!!

And I must add, that’s really quick!!

Thanks again, can’t wait to kick-off again!!

• Official Q&A

@leddux:

Can Rockets attack bases or can they just attack Industrial Complexes?

They can only attack industrial complexes.

• Does this Alpha +2 set entirely replace all previous rules changes/[provisional] errata?  Or does one need to read the OOB rules plus each progression/iteration of released changes to get the full set of updated rules?

When the Soviet Union becomes at War with Japan
    4. Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by Japan on the Soviet Union. Theme: Recognized national emergency.

When Japan becomes at War with the Soviet Union
    2. Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by the Soviet Union on Japan. Theme: Recognized national emergency.

So the originally offending power still gets the bonus if the defending power takes back their lost territory (since the defending power has to declare war to do so)?  If Japan declares war on Russia and takes Amur, then Russia gets the 12 IPC but in order for Russia to take Amur back and not just let Japan walk to Moscow unthreatened, they will also have to declare war on Japan, in which case Japan also now gets 12 IPCs as far as I can tell from these rules as written.  Is that the intent?
    Also, I assume this money can be used to purchase units in the turn immediately following the DOW?

The game ends after one side or the other achieves one of its objective, listed below, and maintains it for a complete round of play. In addition, a side must control at least one of its own capitals at the end of that round in order to win.

“That round” does not neccessarily have to end with the France’s turn, correct?  It is simply any complete cycle of 9 turns?  In other words, the round ends and the game is over at the end of the turn of the power in whose turn the objective was accomplished (so long as the objective remains “accomplished” for the duration of the 8 turns between)?

Transports are not allowed to unload land units for an amphibious assault in a sea zone containing an enemy sub(s) belonging to a power with which they are at war unless at least one of his warships was also present in the sea zone at the end of the Combat Move phase.

Can the warship belong to an allied power?

Say I’m Germany. The US takes West Germany. Major IC there becomes Minor while held by the Americans.
    Then Germany re-takes it. Does Germany have to pay the 17ipc to upgrade the IC again? or does that happen automatically?
    Germany must pay to upgrade recaptured ICs.  The cost is 20 IPCs. (Slacker,Krieghund Jan 20,2011)

So minor ICs in captured territories remain in use (they don’t get removed), right?

Do the new rules, turn order, and setup apply to the Europe and Pacific Games?
    will there be new NOs for the Europe and Pacific games?

• 2007 AAR League

Alpha2 question.  Has the restriction for neutrals regarding loaded transports been lifted?  Also are the US Fleet restrictions lifted on Turn 3 when they can declare war during Collect income?

• Official Q&A

@Stoney229:

Does this Alpha +2 set entirely replace all previous rules changes/[provisional] errata?  Or does one need to read the OOB rules plus each progression/iteration of released changes to get the full set of updated rules?

It completely replaces previous versions.  Just add it to the box rules.

@Stoney229:

4. Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by Japan on the Soviet Union. Theme: Recognized national emergency.

2. Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following a declaration of war by the Soviet Union on Japan. Theme: Recognized national emergency.

So the originally offending power still gets the bonus if the defending power takes back their lost territory (since the defending power has to declare war to do so)?  If Japan declares war on Russia and takes Amur, then Russia gets the 12 IPC but in order for Russia to take Amur back and not just let Japan walk to Moscow unthreatened, they will also have to declare war on Japan, in which case Japan also now gets 12 IPCs as far as I can tell from these rules as written.  Is that the intent?

No.  Only the first power to have war declared upon it by the other receives the IPCs.

@Stoney229:

Also, I assume this money can be used to purchase units in the turn immediately following the DOW?

Yes.

@Stoney229:

The game ends after one side or the other achieves one of its objective, listed below, and maintains it for a complete round of play. In addition, a side must control at least one of its own capitals at the end of that round in order to win.

“That round” does not neccessarily have to end with the France’s turn, correct?  It is simply any complete cycle of 9 turns?  In other words, the round ends and the game is over at the end of the turn of the power in whose turn the objective was accomplished (so long as the objective remains “accomplished” for the duration of the 8 turns between)?

Correct.

@Stoney229:

Transports are not allowed to unload land units for an amphibious assault in a sea zone containing an enemy sub(s) belonging to a power with which they are at war unless at least one of his warships was also present in the sea zone at the end of the Combat Move phase.

Can the warship belong to an allied power?

No.

@Stoney229:

Say I’m Germany. The US takes West Germany. Major IC there becomes Minor while held by the Americans.
    Then Germany re-takes it. Does Germany have to pay the 17ipc to upgrade the IC again? or does that happen automatically?
    Germany must pay to upgrade recaptured ICs.  The cost is 20 IPCs. (Slacker,Krieghund Jan 20,2011)

So minor ICs in captured territories remain in use (they don’t get removed), right?

Correct.

@Stoney229:

Do the new rules, turn order, and setup apply to the Europe and Pacific Games?

Yes.

@Stoney229:

will there be new NOs for the Europe and Pacific games?

That remains to be determined.

@Emperor:

Alpha2 question.  Has the restriction for neutrals regarding loaded transports been lifted?

Yes.

@Emperor:

Also are the US Fleet restrictions lifted on Turn 3 when they can declare war during Collect income?

No.

• Thanks for all the answers!

@Krieghund:

@Stoney229:

No.  Only the first power to have war declared upon it by the other receives the IPCs.

Okay, I think that’s better… but am I reading the rules wrong?  It seems to me like it should say:

Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following an unprovoked declaration of war by ______ on ________. Theme: Recognized national emergency.

Also, perhaps you can include a definition of “an unprovoked DOW” somewhere in the errata/new rulebook (maybe pg 15?) especially if you end up using it here (unless I am missing it somewhere??).  Anyone that’s been on this forum more than 5 mins should know know what it means, but you know we all play with those difficult people who don’t read the rules but insist on stopping the game any time they have a dispute and won’t continue playing until they see they’re proven wrong in [officially published] unambiguous writing.

• @Krieghund:

@Stoney229:

Does this Alpha +2 set entirely replace all previous rules changes/[provisional] errata?  Or does one need to read the OOB rules plus each progression/iteration of released changes to get the full set of updated rules?

It completely replaces previous versions.  Just add it to the box rules.

In that case, I hope you don’t mind if I don’t read through 50+pages of old Q&A for an answer that might now be reversed (I’ve been busy the past couple months and haven’t been following until now):

Are there no changes to the board itself?  For example:
    -Is Alb-Sas-Man adjacent to Central US?
    -Is Ontario adjecent to Central US?
    -Is Eastern US adjacent to sz106?
    -Is Quebec adjacent to New Bruns/Nova Scotia?
    -And I assume the sz5/sz6 border is still supposed to meet with the Korea/Amur border?
    -Any other board clarifications I’ve missed?

• Official Q&A

@Stoney229:

@Krieghund:

@Stoney229:

Okay, I think that’s better… but am I reading the rules wrong?  It seems to me like it should say:

Collect 12 IPCs, once, at the beginning of the turn following an unprovoked declaration of war by ______ on ________. Theme: Recognized national emergency.

It does, now.  :wink:

@Stoney229:

Also, perhaps you can include a definition of “an unprovoked DOW” somewhere in the errata/new rulebook (maybe pg 15?) especially if you end up using it here (unless I am missing it somewhere??).

I’ll see what I can do.

@Stoney229:

In that case, I hope you don’t mind if I don’t read through 50+pages of old Q&A for an answer that might now be reversed (I’ve been busy the past couple months and haven’t been following until now):

-And I assume the sz5/sz6 border is still supposed to meet with the Korea/Amur border?

None of the map errata or clarifications have changed.  They’re all still in effect.

• @Krieghund:

@Stoney229:

None of the map errata or clarifications have changed.  They’re all still in effect.

Okay, thanks much.  Can anyone point me to a concise location of the latest said map errata/clarifications?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m