Bob_A_Mickelson's AAG40 National Production/Objectives and Setup Charts

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

That might be true now in the Global Rules but wasn’t in Pacific 40. I’ll look into it.

Based on the Errata for Pac40, that’s incorrect.  The current wording from the errata states: The United States may not declare war on Japan unless Japan first declares war on it or makes an unprovoked declaration of war against the United Kingdom or ANZAC.

There is an implication of non exclusivity because if Japan was required to declare war on the US there wouldn’t be an “or makes an unprovoked declaration of war against the United Kingdom or ANZAC.”

**Special Comments and Clarifications Related to Neutral Powers

In the event that a power at war attacks a sea zone containing units belonging to a power with which it is already at war and units belonging to a power with which it is not at war, the latter power’s units are ignored. Those units will not participate in the battle in any way, and a state of war with that power will not result.**

And per the FAQ posts:

@Krieghund:

@LuckyDay:

However, if Japan attacks the Dutch on J1, then they are at war with the Dutch, UK/anzac and the US immediately and really no declaration of war is needed because of an unprovoked declaration of war by Japan.

Not exactly.  If Japan declares war on UK/ANZAC on J1, war with the US does not immediately result.  It does, however, give the US the ability to declare war on Japan on any subsequent turn.

@Krieghund:

@Stoney229:

Great, thank you.  So even if Japan makes an unprovoked declaration of war against UK/ANZAC while it is not yet at war the US, then it is not subject to convoy raid by the US at the end of that turn.

Correct.

I believe Pac40 rules have always stated that it’s up to Japan on which power to declare war on, and their hand is never forced to declare war on both UK/ANZAC and the US and they can choose one over the other (though in most instances they probably declare war on both).

• I have a suggestion for the charts legibility.

Increase the tracking all around to make it easier to read.

For the white letters; add a black Drop shadow with this setting:

Opacity: 100%

Distance: 0.0075 in

Size: 0

Play around with the setting of the drop shadow but I think this way you don’t have to increase the font size and it will separate it from the background more and add some weight to the letters.

Try it out I think it might work.

I’m a graphic designer and have a lot of experience with Adobe software.

If you need any help I’ll be more than willing to dedicate my time and knowledge to making your charts look incredible, I mean, more incredible they look great.  :-D

• One last thing, making the files PDFs will make them much sharper. Vectorized files are better than rasterized ones when it comes to type.

• Customizer

I’m not sure i can change those settings. I created these charts in powerpoint not photoshop.

• @Bob_A_Mickelson:

I’m not sure i can change those settings. I created these charts in powerpoint not photoshop.

It’s a matter of exporting as pdf vs exporting as a jpg.  I believe powerpoint doesn’t rasterize fonts until you export it, so if you have the option to save as a pdf, it should be possible for anyone to enlarge them.

But only if you have the option to save as a pdf.  Which is often a function provided by other programs, such as Adobe Acrobat Pro.

• A PDF version would be awesome. Great job on the charts. Just finished my first global game (got Europe 1940 a couple of days ago), and these player aids would really help keeping track of things.

• You can download a FREE program called CutePDF.  It will allow you to make PDF’s.  When you make it in Powerpoint, you will need to PRINT to CutePDF.  This is how it is made.

Here is the LINKY.

• I recommend looking into Adobe Indesign It is great for making charts. Download a free trial version and test it out. I guarantee it will become your favorite app. I use it for almost all my design work.

• Customizer

IMPROVED CLARITY Charts are being created for setup and national rule.

@Zwolf87:

I recommend looking into Adobe Indesign It is great for making charts. Download a free trial version and test it out. I guarantee it will become your favorite app. I use it for almost all my design work.

I realize that there are better programs to do this in than Powerpoint, but I’d rather not start this project over from scratch just to use another (superior) program.  Thanks for the advice. Perhaps i will use it on a future project.

By the way, the PDF program couldn’t quite handle some of the transparent effects I had in the setup charts, which made them look worse than the PNG images.

• IMPROVED CLARITY Charts are being created for setup and national rule.

very good!

• I love these.  Honestly though, I’d rather see the National Objectives on them than the Neutrality rules. (Or both like AAP40)

• great work on these charts. but please be sure to make them in atleast 150 dpi resolution. i went to a printstore and the guy complained about low resolution…… and also that the charts was not in pdf… anyway, keep up the good work

• Great Charts Bob!
    I can read the charts easily, so I don’t know what everyone else is complaining about.
    One correction needed.  On the France chart, you have a destroyer listed as being in SZ 73, when it should be in SZ 72.
    Again, great work brother.

• Customizer

@tacarlyle:

One correction needed.  On the France chart, you have a destroyer listed as being in SZ 73, when it should be in SZ 72.

This will be corrected in my next release.

Also,
    I’ll look into trying to achieve a higher resolution.

• TripleA

My only complaints are that they IPC dont’ go high enough for US when it gets its NO.  Also, the icons for Great Britan and UK are backwards.  Europe side gets the higher amount, and Pacific the smaller.

• @94Canuck:

My only complaints are that they IPC dont’ go high enough for US when it gets its NO.  Also, the icons for Great Britan and UK are backwards.  Europe side gets the higher amount, and Pacific the smaller.

That’s why there’s a space in the NO section for the US NO

• '12

Outstanding work Bob!  Very professional and high quality.

• Why is the font so fuzy?

• In case you hadn’t been following the rule discussion in http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=20244.0 regarding DOWs, Krieghund confirmed that Japan is not required to declare war on the US if they declare an unprovoked war on the UK.  Similarly, they are not required to declare war on the UK if they declare war on the US.

@Krieghund:

@WILD:

OK, if Japan attacks the UK (unprovoked) it brings the US into the war right.

No.  It allows the US to declare war on its turn.

So there you go, you can officially change that on the Japanese diplomacy sheet for both Global and Pacific.

• Customizer

Here are some screenshots of the new updated global charts. I believe you will find them much easier to read. Some corrections (such as Japan/USA DOW) have been made and the full resolution charts (when i post the official link) are 150 dpi instead of 72. Having trouble creating higher resolution than that.

Note: I still need to review and error check these charts.

Enjoy:

[Screenshots have been removed. See update.]

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m