• @ABWorsham:

So who’s side are you guys for? Republic or Sepertist?

The Empire.

• I’m reading Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. It’s a good read.

• I have to apollogize, I meant the book “The Rule of Two”…not the path of Destruction…

@aequitas:

I read “Path of Destruction” and had a chill after I was done w. the book…I recommend it worth reading it since it is explaining the rule of two…
    It gives you another point of view of the star wars saga movies…

Yoda in Episode I,  I think comes to the conclusion that were a Sith aprentice is, there is a Sith Lord…The Sith Lord trainees the youngling untill the aprentice owerpowers and/ or is able to kill him…

• Maul could have been the best, but they underplayed him in ep. 1. They should have expanded his backstory (and given him a better death)

• Darth Maul should have lasted longer.

• @Brain:

Darth Maul should have lasted longer.

He’s the only good thing in that piece of ….

• Was grevious a Sith? or was he just a robot?

• @idk_iam_swiss:

Was grevious a Sith? or was he just a robot?

He didn’t have the force, he was more a machine for war, he didn’t even have his own lighsaber just killed people for theirs.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

He was actually more cyborgish.  And rule of 2 - Tyrannus & Sidious were set as the Sith.

• @Jermofoot:

@idk_iam_swiss:

He was actually more cyborgish.  And rule of 2 - Tyrannus & Sidious were set as the Sith.

He was a droid and a guy on crack.

• According to Wikipedia,

Grievous becomes a security chief for the Intergalactic Banking Clan. San Hill, leader of the clan, notices Grievous’ strategic genius and skill in battle. He is mentioned to the Confederacy of Independent Systems leader, Count Dooku. Led by Darth Sidious, the Sith Lords conspire to draw Grievous into the Separatist army. Despite Hill’s generous offers, however, Grievous refuses to lead the Separatist army.

During an attack by the Republic’s armies on the clan’s base, Grievous’ shuttle explodes and crashes. Grievous is mortally wounded in the crash, kept alive by a transfusion of blood from the deceased Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas, and Dooku’s mastery of the dark side; his shattered body is taken to the planet Geonosis, where most of it is replaced with a droid exoskeleton that complements his natural reflexes. Hill approaches him and offers him the chance to live again in a cybernetic body and lead the Separatist army. Grievous initially resists — he would rather die a warrior’s death than watch his body sustained by technology — but Hill eventually persuades him by appealing to his desire for revenge. In actuality, this was Hill’s plan all along, as the Separatists had booby trapped Grievous’ shuttle themselves, meaning to leave the General with no other choice than to accept. Dooku then trains him in lightsaber combat until he is one of the best duelists in the galaxy, and whips his resentment of the Jedi into a frenzy. The metamorphosis is then completed, leaving Grievous one of the most fearsome warriors of the Separatists’ army.

• So he was just a robot who used lightsabers? lame. he was lame in the movie all he did was run away.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

So he was just a robot who used lightsabers? lame. he was lame in the movie all he did was run away.

Well he also had a gun, the same gun that killed him or it or whatever.

• @idk_iam_swiss:

So he was just a robot who used lightsabers? lame. he was lame in the movie all he did was run away.

In the first Clone War series (the cartoon series) General Grevious was awesome. He was killing Jedi in large numbers. He even killed Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Look it up on You Tube. LoL

• @ABWorsham:

@idk_iam_swiss:

In the first Clone War series (the cartoon series) General Grevious was awesome. He was killing Jedi in large numbers. He even killed Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Look it up on You Tube. LoL

I thought that cartoon show was over rated.

• @Dylan:

@ABWorsham:

@idk_iam_swiss:

I thought that cartoon show was over rated.

The CGI ones weren’t very good…just so-so, I’d say.  But the Tartovsky (I think?) cartoons were pretty damn good - the 5 or so minute ones.

• I like the Cartoon series better than the CGI. The story lines were better and the Sepertist were not push overs.

• @ABWorsham:

I like the Cartoon series better than the CGI. The story line were better and the Sepertist were not push overs.

Great choice of words, but to be honest I agree with you on that one part.

• Yeah i tend to agree the CGI ones were too boring to watch

• Darth Maul is my choice.  Extremely powerful with the lightsaber.  Focused and dedicated.  Fearless.  Also, he doesn’t talk smack to Jedi.  Just manhandles 2 of them at a time….  :evil:  The other Sith (the ones I’m actually familiar with) like to hear themselves talk…

Nothing wrong with his death, in my mind.  Overconfidence leads to carelessness, let your guard down, you can get slaughtered in an instant.  Happens in A&A (and chess) too…

Speaking of Maul’s demise, seems to me to be one of a myriad examples of “why in the world didn’t he/they…”
    Why didn’t Maul use force push to make it harder on Kenobi, instead of just waiting there with lightsaber retracted?  He also could have taken Jinn’s saber, or thrown it away like he did Kenobi’s.  But that’s part of the over-confidence and carelessness, I suppose.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m