Tricked out my AA50th - pics in a bucket

• Absolutely beautiful.  I would love to do this.  One comment, the big camo box has to go.  I think a nice COMBAT TURRET would be much nicer.  :wink:

Brian

• Customizer

@docfav7:

Absolutely beautiful.  I would love to do this.  One comment, the big camo box has to go.  I think a nice COMBAT TURRET would be much nicer.   :wink:

Brian

Thanks man! eheheeheh - yeah… a Combat Turret would be nice, I’d prefer that.  But as a side note, I personally think the camo box is hilarious! The first time I took this back home (I’m an expat) and pulled it out my crew and I had some good laughs - comments throughout.  Has it’s nuance or zeitgeist I suppose. ehehe… I just came across that wrapping paper at a corner store and thought of it - and I don’t ever plan to part with this one set so eh,. Younger players like it a lot when they see it - was going to do it to a small '42 box and post the pic on BGG for the younger crowd to see… just think’in that they’re the future (financially and otherwise) of A&A.  Oh wait… uhh, perhaps with a photo with the rulebook and other stuff inside it instead, I think the younger demographic just likes the look - not necessarily to use it as the dice rolling area, the turrets are too appealing.   :-D

• Wow!
    I love everything and wish you offered your services to others. i cant get enough of these photos< kinda like free crack ya know!
    Thoes426 :evil:

• I.L. - Really?  I’ve seen a lot of your own fine armies, and I think you’ve seen a lot of A&A minis so I’m quite “chuffed” with myself.  grin  Side note: 2 fellas on BGG thanked me for your map links, said I’d convey the message and sent them the link to AAorg. as well.

I didn’t paint my armies and though mine are painted to historical specs, i favor yours.

Also, sorry about that email and thanks for the BGG map plugs.

• Customizer

Cheers for the kudos! Yeah… not sure though, I think in the future it might go a little bit back to historical accuracy - well, depends on the edition really.  IMHO, each game has a slightly different feel yeah?  And then if you trick it out well… I treated my AA50th with that WWII comic book kinda look, it is after all, a tribute edition  - whoa, verged near a rant of artistic license. Btw, tack up a third compliment from BGG on the maps as well!

Thoes26: That cracked me up, eheheh. Someday way down the line I might offer said services… perhaps after FMG has their full product line out since their minis will be so finely sculpted.
    If you go on BGG - there’s 2 photos I uploaded, those in particular are fun if you zoom with the “large” size (“original” size is too close IMO) :
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/684542/axis-allies-anniversary-edition
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/684543/axis-allies-anniversary-edition

Oh - I threw the Atomic Bomb pics in the bucket today. kA-Booooom

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Everything = Awesome.

• Customizer

Much obliged Variable. What do you think of the abstract HQ’s?

@Viracocha:

I like them alot! I’m actually trying to duplicate them myself.

Get those pics for IL so we all have a painting guide to go by.

IL, could you throw in AllWork’s pics as well. A lot of people like the Japanese stuff he just did.

Thanks!

Vir-

Could you give us a “shopping list” for I-94? I looked at everything but am lost on what to actually buy.

Thanks.

• Customizer

@Variable:

@Viracocha:

IL, could you throw in AllWork’s pics as well. A lot of people like the Japanese stuff he just did.

Thanks!

Would like to see your finished command centers! When I was younger I tried doing an edition with the command centers in their own language - it was interesting.  Somebody with more graphic savviness than me should be able to produce really cool stuff.  Still haven’t had a chance to send take & send those portrait pics. This set is actually my '42 board (the ‘learner’), though photographed on AA50th (which will hopefully be populated by FMG minis - as it deserves!).  The minis pics I posted have actually been done for quite some time, but I just never bothered with taking photos… so I’ll have to go back and see what decals were for what…

Will get back to you on the shopping list… sorry.

• I don’t have any game that has the Hellcat in it, but I do really want carrier-based US fighters. I was thinking that I could paint the Zero model to look like the Hellcat…

Hellcat:
    http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/AirShows/Gillespie2005/Highlights/BankingF6f10oClock.jpg

Zero:
    http://smonelove.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/00.jpg

It seems like the model is small enough that if you painted it right it would look pretty close. Opinions?

• get me the links for what you want to add here. I will make a new thread that just has pictures and the how too guide to paint them and make it a sticky

• Customizer

That sounds excellent!  If you could wait for the weekend - I’m going to take some pics of the minis on my detailed board (42) and some portraits…  Really swamped with stuff right now…
    :-)

@Viracocha:

@Variable:

@Viracocha:

Thanks!

Would like to see your finished command centers! When I was younger I tried doing an edition with the command centers in their own language - it was interesting.  Somebody with more graphic savviness than me should be able to produce really cool stuff.  Still haven’t had a chance to send take & send those portrait pics. This set is actually my '42 board (the ‘learner’), though photographed on AA50th (which will hopefully be populated by FMG minis - as it deserves!).  The minis pics I posted have actually been done for quite some time, but I just never bothered with taking photos… so I’ll have to go back and see what decals were for what…

Finally finished up this project, so I thought I’d share. Enjoy-

• Customizer

These are really cool Variable… More - want to see more!

• Did you get the decals from the same place that Viracocha got his? What are the part numbers you ordered?

I started to paint my pieces. They looked really good when I sprayed them, but the details are hard. I bought a really fine high-quality brush from the hobby store and I still have trouble making thin-consistent lines. I am thinking of starting over and trying to use a toothpick as a paintbrush.

@trackmagic:

Did you get the decals from the same place that Viracocha got his? What are the part numbers you ordered?

I started to paint my pieces. They looked really good when I sprayed them, but the details are hard. I bought a really fine high-quality brush from the hobby store and I still have trouble making thin-consistent lines. I am thinking of starting over and trying to use a toothpick as a paintbrush.

I didn’t use any decals. I ended up painting the roundels myself.

• Customizer

Sweet - old school.  I did that for my Italians - rough stuff but cool end product.

@trackmagic:

Did you get the decals from the same place that Viracocha got his? What are the part numbers you ordered?

After re-reading this, I have some advise that may help. With the roundels, for example, British, Paint a yellow circle. Then put a blue ring inside, then a white ring, then a red dot. That way, your rings don’t have to be perfect.

• how do you get those flags on those ships?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m