Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• '10

@knp7765:

Hey Jeremy, a quick question about future nation sets.  A while back you gave a list of the order of the national sets FMG will be working on.  After UK and ANZAC you listed Canada.  I was just wondering if your Canadian set is going to be a full set like the other nations with all the different scupts.  Mainly, I am wondering about Aircraft Carriers, Battleships and Strategic Bombers because I don’t think Canada had any of those in WW2.  At least, I don’t remember ever hearing of them.

Of course, for gaming purposes, it would be nice to have those pieces available for game play.  After all, once the game gets going, it rarely goes according to history.  I don’t think ANZAC ever actually had any carriers but many players who play ANZAC often get one.  So, in those cases would they simply be British sculpts like with ANZAC?

The Canadians will most likely be the same as the UK, but in their own colour with their own dice.  Paying for an entire new mould just to change the infantry would hold back the rest of the Major nations.

It will be a full set and include all units.

• I got my UPS tracking info -they’re on their way! Thanks FMG.

I’m not sure what I think about a set of Canadian pieces – has got me thinking though…

Another Question for FMG: (and maybe this has already been discussed but I don’t recall) will there or can there be a set of pieces or tokens for technology development such as jets and rockets, etc? If not from FMG then maybe HBG?

• '10

@Colonel:

I got my UPS tracking info -they’re on their way! Thanks FMG.

I’m not sure what I think about a set of Canadian pieces – has got me thinking though…

Another Question for FMG: (and maybe this has already been discussed but I don’t recall) will there or can there be a set of pieces or tokens for technology development such as jets and rockets, etc? If not from FMG then maybe HBG?

I’m not 100% sure, but I think that is something HBG may be interested in doing.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Like FMG other sets, I will supplement his UK set.
    I already have the sculpts picked out and will possibly run them after the Neutral set.
    I will do Candian pieces also.

• TripleA '12

Jeremy, I just received an email from FMG advising that the Combat Dice received from the factory are unsatisfactory. Is this just the Italy Combat Dice so far? How many of these defect dice have the factory so far produced? This must be a terrible setback. However, I have also been advised that my order of both the Italy Combat Units & Italy Combat Dice will still be despatched to me. And if I read correctly, you are hoping to receive the corrected Italy Combat Dice in time to despatch before Christmas (although I understand that this is not a promise or guarantee), so am I right in thinking you will get the said dice sets out to customers in due course?
    Thank you.

• @Lozmoid:

Jeremy, I just received an email from FMG advising that the Combat Dice received from the factory are unsatisfactory. Is this just the Italy Combat Dice so far? How many of these defect dice have the factory so far produced? This must be a terrible setback. However, I have also been advised that my order of both the Italy Combat Units & Italy Combat Dice will still be despatched to me. And if I read correctly, you are hoping to receive the corrected Italy Combat Dice in time to despatch before Christmas (although I understand that this is not a promise or guarantee), so am I right in thinking you will get the said dice sets out to customers in due course?
    Thank you.

Answered in his thread about them here -> http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=25589.0

The entire batch of Italy dice was unacceptable and as soon as he gets acceptable replacements from the factory (made a priority by the factory to get it out asap) he will ship them to everyone who ordered them at no extra cost.

• Customizer

FMG already has Italy Combat Dice.  Those came out a couple of summers ago.  I’m pretty sure the combat dice in question are the new France, ANZAC and Black Germany dice.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

@knp7765:

FMG already has Italy Combat Dice.  Those came out a couple of summers ago.  I’m pretty sure the combat dice in question are the new France, ANZAC and Black Germany dice.

And the Canadian too  :wink:

J.  8-)

PS I got my Italian x 2 today.  :-D

• @knp7765:

Ahhh yes.  Good point.  I wasn’t thinking very clearly obviously.

• TripleA '12

@knp7765:

Ah, thanks knp7765. I have only ordered the Italy Combat Units and Italy Combat Dice so far, so if there’s no problems with these items then I expect should receive them soon, all accounted for and correct. That’s cool. For a moment I feared that the Italy Combat Dice were screwed up and needed to be replaced! And that would be a nightmare indeed.

• Customizer

Nah!  No problems with the Italy dice.  I have four sets myself.  In fact, I e-mailed FMG when I got my UPS notice and asked about another order I had placed for the new combat dice.  They wrote me back and said this shipment includes the Combat Units Italy and any NON-preorder items.  So, if you ordered Italy combat dice with your combat units, you should be getting them too since they are no longer a preorder item.

Oh yeah radar231, I forgot about the Canadian dice.  A little bit of self-centeredness on my part.  I didn’t order any Canadian dice so I simply didn’t think about them.  Oh yeah, lucky dude.  My Italians aren’t due to arrive until Monday.  Yeah, I know it’s not that far, but I’m just drooling in anticipation.

I can’t believe the dang factory screwed up the color of the dice after they have been making the other countries just fine for all this time.  I mean, the combat dice, at least the major five nations, have been in production for over two years now.  You would think getting it right would be fairly easy by now.

• TripleA '12

Yeah I hear you, knp7765. FMG should get shot of that factory - they’re rubbish.

I haven’t received an email from UPS though. Should I be getting one soon? I am in the UK so not sure if that would cause a delay, but probably.

As soon as I receive my FMG Italy Combat Units (& Dice) I will post a complete inventory/piece count on here.

• '10

@Lozmoid:

Yeah I hear you, knp7765. FMG should get shot of that factory - they’re rubbish.

I haven’t received an email from UPS though. Should I be getting one soon? I am in the UK so not sure if that would cause a delay, but probably.

As soon as I receive my FMG Italy Combat Units (& Dice) I will post a complete inventory/piece count on here.

International Customers:

If you choose and pay for UPS shipping, you would have already received an e-mail.  If you choose AIR MAIL, the product is coming in the mail (Slow and no tracking).

• TripleA '12

Ah okay, thanks Jeremy - I remember now. I chose AIR MAIL back in October 2010 so I guess I will wait… and HOPE! lol

@Lozmoid:

Good idea. Here is my inventory for 2 sets :

Land

Infantry = 60 ( 12 x ’ commanders ’ and 24 of each other pose  sculpts )

Tanks = 24 ( 12 each )

Autoblinda = 24

Arty = 24

Trucks = 12

Air

Fighter = 24

Bomber = 12

Tac bomber = 12

Transport = 12

Sea

CV = 12

BB = 12

CA = 12

DD = 24

SS = 20 ( ! )

Transport = 24

For a total of 312 308 units.  :oops:

J.   8-)

• '10

So you got more than 150 units for each set!  BONUS I think!

• Hi

I have ordered both Italian Units and Combat Dice + Combat Dice Elite.
    Will I receive Italian Units and Combat Dice now in the mail?, and the Elite Dice later?

Yea !

In each box set there are 6 ziplock bags containing, each : 1 commander, 2 inf  sculpt # 1 and 2 sculpt # 2; 2 autoblinda, 1 semovente and 1 ( the other tank  carro armato 41 ), 1 truck and 2 arty. 1 CV, 1 BB, 1 CA, 2 DD, 2 transport and 2 SS ( 5 out of 6 ); 2 figther, 1 bomber, 1 tac bomber, 1 transport.

26 units per bag x 6 bags = 156 - 2 SS = 154 total

J.  8-)

PS I corrected the total from my last post from 312 to 308  :oops:

• Just got my pieces in the mail and all I can say is… Wonderful job FMG!  The level of detail in these pieces is amazing.  I cannot thank you enough for making these.  Speed up production on the other nations because I plan on buying every single set you produce!

@dadler12:

Just got my pieces in the mail and all I can say is… Wonderful job FMG!  The level of detail in these pieces is amazing.  I cannot thank you enough for making these.  Speed up production on the other nations because I plan on buying every single set you produce!

Ditto

J.  8-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m