3 Key Allied Territories (Epl, Per, Novo)

• Persia to me is definitely the most critical to hold.  Novo is probably #2.  Those two territories seem like THE game, everything else seems minor when compared

• @Zhukov44:

@DarthMaximus:

The reason I like Epl in Europe is b/c I think if I can get it then the threat to Moscow from both Ger and Ita is gone.  I don’t have to worry about defending north or south, I can simply pump units into one spot Epl until I have enough for a 1-2-3 attack on Pol or force Germany to deadzone Pol.  Either way good for the Allies.  Once Pol is deadzoned you can go 3 on 1 vs. Japan if Berlin is too well defended to take b/c you now have the economic adv and time is now on your side.

What are you assuming the Allies control at this point?  Economic advantage depends on the situation in Africa and in the Pacific.  Once Japan has Siberia and China, Allies are hard pressed to hold the economic advantage even if they control Africa.

Time is not necessarily on the Allies’ side…actually I think the opposite is the case, and Allies need to be aggressive.

An interesting concept, since in all the other versions of Axis and Allies, unless the game was over or practically over, the allies had a economic advantage.

• While those two territories are essential, taking Germany is crucial, and often impossible. Facing off against Germany when simply nailing Japan is far easier. The Axis player is expecting you to go for his capital, especially with a Gbr to Kar via Nor/Fin, and US to Ita via Alg. I think that once you have Ger crippled, a 4inf/4arm Gbr shuck into Nwe/Pol is perfect, especially as US takes Africa, and threatens Ita. Once Italy falls, and she must fall to the US, holding Egy becomes key. Actually, I should say, TAKING egy becomes key. If you can move your fleet down into the Indian Ocean and force Japan onto her heels, the game is yours.

• eastern ukraine
    if helf by germans you’ll lose either moscow or caucasus

• @Frontovik:

eastern ukraine
    if helf by germans you’ll lose either moscow or caucasus

Perhaps for a round Caucasus can fall, but not necessarily the game loser as you might be implying.

EUK is like West Russia in Revised in terms of pressuring both Moscow and Caucasus.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m