Re: Field Marshal Games Pieces Project Discussion thread

• Hi there,

after not being able to succesfully create an account and log in and personally pestering the FMG staff afterwards about pictures of the new sculpts ;) they send my two pics.
    after finally having tried three different mailaccounts I was able to create an account, specifically for viewing this thread ;)

Well back on topic: I noticed afterwards that I had been sent a picture which I haven’t seen here; namely the new italian Battleship.
    I do not know if the picture was forgotten or withheld in some evil scheme to maintain the suspense ;).
    But as I have been following this thread for quite some time now and was eagerly awaiting new information about this project, me not even remotely being as involved as others here, I dare not withhold this picture, even at the risk of getting scolded by FMG for ruining their plan of a grand revelation or so of the new gamepiece :roll:

imho although not as awesome as the tank model the gamepiece is quite nice with great detail and definitely a step up from the standard models supplied with the game;

Sculpt copy2.jpg

• Customizer

That’s it, I’m convinced.

I have wanted Italian fleet sculpts for so long now.

FMG, how big is this ship in comparison to Hasbro’s enlarged ships in AA42?  Just curious, as I am now pledging to buy your product.

Cheers

• I hope FMG will put pants on the brits. It is confusing with brits in shorts marching in arctic Norway, down the snowy mountains, in ice and cold. A wonder they did not freeze to death in my last game.

• OMG thats is awesome!!!

How is it that you got this picture?

I understand that this is the second picture of the sculpts with the first being the tank correct?

• Nice.  A battleship that actually has guns on it!  (or have I just not noticed that the ones that come with the game have guns?  I swear they don’t!).
    :-D

• The next line must be the French.

That will make sense. Italy first, then France, then the neutrals, then China, then Germany, UK, Russia, USA, Japan.

• Awesome job on the Vittorio BB, FMG!  I too am interested in the size question: are they going to be the size of the older AH BB’s or the newer AA42 BB’s.  (My apologies in advance if it’s a Q you’ve already answered…)

btw, Did you know that if you’ve sculpted a Vittorio-class BB, you’ve virtually also sculpted a Sovietsky Soyuz BB?  They were designed by the same Italian firm; basically, they scaled the Vittorio-class up a notch or two, upgraded to 16" guns and revised the secondary armament… If you compare the schematics, you’ll see what I’m talking about.  (I don’t know if that helps you any, though…)

• yea saves a sculpt!

• @Imperious:

OMG thats is awesome!!!

How is it that you got this picture?

I understand that this is the second picture of the sculpts with the first being the tank correct?

I just wrote them a mail and asked about pictures of the new pieces since my main e-mail domains seem to be blocked by the forums and I wasn’t able to register properly for some time ;)
    As for being the second test sculpt: I guess so, since it says so in the lower part of the picture ;)

• '10

Hello all!

I had that second picture made last week but was saving it…  with all the attention and hype with AAP40 pictures etc I did not want to divert any attention.  I was saving it to share in a “slow news time” with the community.  But as it is out…  ENJOY!

To answer your question; we are going to make the NAVAL units a few mm larger than the standard AA units in the WOTC games.  This allows us to show more detail in each unit.

The detail on the NAVAL units will be very good, but due to the fact that they are a smaller scale than the Land units, we can’t get the exact same effect as shown on the ITALIAN tank unit.

Remember that with AAA pcs, they are all in different scales.  Planes / Infantry / Tanks / Ships all have their own scaling.  Although you can see the detail is MUCH greater than the WOTC units…  the detail level will very from scale to scale.

Thanks for sharing! More to come soon.

• Man i was sold on this project just based off of the dice sets i purchased, but that battleship and the tank just sent a chill down my “plastic piece junkie” ass!
    if the detail of the pieces is going to look like this, then “WOW”!
    I’m drooling just thinking about how these will PIMP OUT my games!
    Bravo FMG! you are the MFS!
    plus infinity karma! :-D

• Nice ship. Can’t wait for more pix.

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Hello all!

I had that second picture made last week but was saving it…  with all the attention and hype with AAP40 pictures etc I did not want to divert any attention.  I was saving it to share in a “slow news time” with the community.  But as it is out…  ENJOY!

To answer your question; we are going to make the NAVAL units a few mm larger than the standard AA units in the WOTC games.  This allows us to show more detail in each unit.

The detail on the NAVAL units will be very good, but due to the fact that they are a smaller scale than the Land units, we can’t get the exact same effect as shown on the ITALIAN tank unit.

Remember that with AAA pcs, they are all in different scales.  Planes / Infantry / Tanks / Ships all have their own scaling.  Although you can see the detail is MUCH greater than the WOTC units…  the detail level will very from scale to scale.

Thanks for sharing! More to come soon.

The detail is again excellent. However, at that scale the gun barrels must be about as thin as a human hair! Is the material strong enough? Would hate to have them braking off if they’re touched or the piece is dropped by accident.

Are you planing on modeling the propellers on the air units? Again, is the material strong enough?

• @WOPR:

The detail is again excellent. However, at that scale the gun barrels must be about as thin as a human hair! Is the material strong enough? Would hate to have them braking off if they’re touched or the piece is dropped by accident.

Are you planing on modeling the propellers on the air units? Again, is the material strong enough?

From what I can see on that picture, the guns look to be a solid part of/attached directly to the ships deck (as would make sense based on the scale and, like you said, they’d be as thin as a hair).

• '10

Sometimes I can see the pictures and sometimes I can’t.  Is anyone else experiencing this too?  I’m trying to figure out if it’s the web site or my computer.

Thanks

• @Black:

Sometimes I can see the pictures and sometimes I can’t.  Is anyone else experiencing this too?  I’m trying to figure out if it’s the web site or my computer.

Thanks

I have not had that problem yet.

• No problems on my end with viewing pictures.

• @Black:

Thanks

You have to be signed in.

• '10

I learned something new.

Thanks WOPR

• And you gotta be signed in to post to the forum as well. :-D

(Rank = 90)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m