L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (+12) BM4 game1

• 2023 '22

Round: 1

Purchase Units - Italians
            Italians buy 1 fighter; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Politics - Italians
            Italians takes Political Action: Political Action Italians To War With Chinese
                Italians succeeds on action: Political Action Italians To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Italians and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Italians
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 95 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 bomber moved from Northern Italy to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 1 infantry moved from Libya to Tunisia
            1 armour and 1 mech_infantry moved from Tobruk to Tunisia
            1 infantry moved from Italian Somaliland to Kenya
                  Italians take Kenya from British
            1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry moved from Northern Italy to Southern France

Combat - Italians
            Battle in 97 Sea Zone
                Italians attack with 1 bomber, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                British defend with 1 carrier, 1 cruiser, 2 fighters and 1 transport
                British win with 2 fighters and 1 transport remaining. Battle score for attacker is -12
                Casualties for Italians: 1 bomber, 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine
                Casualties for British: 1 carrier and 1 cruiser
            Battle in Tunisia
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry
                French defend with 1 infantry
                Italians win, taking Tunisia from French with 1 armour, 1 artillery, 1 infantry and 1 mech_infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 3
                Casualties for French: 1 infantry
            Battle in Southern France
                Italians attack with 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 2 infantry
                French defend with 1 artillery, 1 factory_minor, 1 harbour and 1 infantry
                Italians win, taking Southern France from French with 1 armour, 2 artilleries and 1 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Italians: 1 infantry
                Casualties for French: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                2 fighters owned by the British forced to land in Greece

Non Combat Move - Italians
            Trigger Italy Occupies Southern France: Setting switch to false for conditionAttachment_French_Territory_May_Turn_Vichy_Switch attached to French
            1 transport moved from 95 Sea Zone to 97 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Ethiopia to Kenya
            2 infantry moved from Albania to Bulgaria
            1 armour moved from Albania to Romania
            6 infantry moved from Southern Italy to Northern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to Yugoslavia
            1 aaGun moved from Northern Italy to Southern Italy

Place Units - Italians
            1 fighter placed in Southern Italy

Turn Complete - Italians
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 3
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 93 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2,6
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 72 Sea Zone. Rolls: 2
            Italians collect 12 PUs (3 lost to blockades); end with 12 PUs

I1.tsvg

Was unrealistic, but wished for only one hit on UK defense of course.

• Something’s wrong with that save file. The UK1 save is fine, but on the I1, there are 4 extra fighters on Greece, and it goes all the way back to before the bid placement. Maybe confused by the forced landing of 2 fighters after the 97 bloodbath. We could just edit it?

Now I’m testing things and I reloaded I1 and now it’s 2 extra fighters going back to the beginning of the game.

I’ll edit Greece down to the 2 fighters that should be there, of course, and we need to keep an eye out for any more glitches.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Oh Damn! Sounds like that thing when you edit transports etc.
    They always duplicate the land units on-board

• Oh yeah, I know what you’re talking about!

Whoa. I just closed the history and now it’s correct, no edit necessary.

I have never seen so many G/I planes destroyed in the first round. If this wasn’t a league game and I wasn’t trying to get my ticket punched for the playoffs for the first time in 6 years, I would be up for making some kind of arrangements. If the dice don’t turn around, I’m willing to rematch whenever this one is over

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Haha very strange.

That’s kind of you, and reassuring you’d be willing to do a re-match later.

This is why I don’t like first rounds for any of the nations really. Each extra hit in the naval battles is at least 10TUV each and with some luck or no luck anything can happen :)

I was thinking today of a scenario where all nations, in addition to the normal bid, would get an X IPCs each to put units on the map. Then games would look more different from each other, including first rounds.

• That’s a great idea, I’ve never heard anything like it.
    And I’m glad if I put things well, it’s tricky when one gets so lucky and I don’t know you yet other than you’re classy and friendly.

I like the Carolines move, strong Jap move all around, it’s messing with my ANZAC already

• Oh, and great point about scrambling G1, if it goes badly London’s in trouble G3. I don’t usually think about that. Allied player also doesn’t know how 106 will go and if he can possibly get two Canadians back

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 One can get really into a game of AA since we spend so many hours with it and therefore look at it wrong in a sense, especially when it comes to the dice part. It’s easy to blame the dice, right?! I was really surprised awhile back when @AndrewAAGamer told me how sees it. He told me that he would very rarely rely on anything other than a 100% battle (I’m paraphrasing here). When starting to play here I made the same mistake as any new player, thinking a 90% battle is a sure win. Learnt that lesson again in this game (think I had 92%). Well, I guess G1 is a bit special since losing 2 air with Germany is pretty much worse than 5 with the UK which makes scramble more feasible, but I really wanted to max out on the SZs 110 or 111 without additional UK units to support. Something that is rarely seen.

Yeah the only issue with that move I’ve realized is if the opponent tries to stack Yunnan with USSR and possibly UK. Then you need all air in strike-distance of Yunnan :)

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yeah, that’s the pessimist in me thinking if Germany keeps all air and I am left with none, Sealion is near. On the other hand, I think I have only been Sealioned once, by @aagamerz13. But that was not until after Moscow had fallen, so maybe doesn’t count? Haha.

• @pejon_88 said in L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (+12) BM4 game1:

One can get really into a game of AA since we spend so many hours with it

Isn’t that the truth.

and therefore look at it wrong in a sense, especially when it comes to the dice part. It’s easy to blame the dice, right?! I was really surprised awhile back when @AndrewAAGamer told me how sees it. He told me that he would very rarely rely on anything other than a 100% battle (I’m paraphrasing here). When starting to play here I made the same mistake as any new player, thinking a 90% battle is a sure win. Learnt that lesson again in this game (think I had 92%).

My old childhood A&A rival used to love complaining about the dice a lot. I would say, well, there was a 2% chance that would happen and he famously said “2 percenters sure seem to happen a lot in this game” Of course, it’s really 4% because there is 2 on either end.

but I really wanted to max out on the SZs 110 or 111 without additional UK units to support. Something that is rarely seen.

Please explain what you’re saying, I don’t follow

Yeah the only issue with that move I’ve realized is if the opponent tries to stack Yunnan with USSR and possibly UK. Then you need all air in strike-distance of Yunnan :)

You mean with USSR declaring war on Japan round 1? And also UK unprovoked? I don’t know, my brain is just a little foggy this afternoon

• Don’t tell Mom, but z gave me a HELL of a time this year. Great game. I don’t recall there being very unusual dice either, he must have just brought his A+ game because I am very surprised after that extremely tough game that he turns in so many losses.

• Maybe I broke him :grinning:

• Scramble orders for the brand new shiny Italian fighter to 97? Just as the PTSD was starting to set in… Well, it’s war. French are trying to mop up :O

F1 97.tsvg

• 2023 '22

Regarding my attack on SZ110 and SZ111 I though they were safe from any scrambling. I maxed both SZs best I could (well except one sub to be honest) and thought they were safe from scrambling. Usually you see an extra fig in Scotland or a sub in either SZ, which would make it impossible to hit both SZs safely with Germany. In this game you hadn’t put anything extra to protect those SZs, which made into a sugar trap and I bit :D

Yes exactly. You want to threaten Yunnan and Szechuan with Japanese air so Allies don’t stack in those. at least to me, my first goal with Japan is to negate Allies that opportunity.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 He plays it aggressive, but maybe less so now than before. The game I lost to him was I think last year when he steamrolled through Europe with Germany and suddenly he had taken Moscow haha!

• That is a high compliment. I do take pride in G1 scrambles that most players refuse to do. I figured I didn’t need any of them for UK1 attacks, courtesy of the 2 bid subs. Without them, I wouldn’t scramble 4 because would need for 97. I didn’t do 97 one time and quickly lost, with Italy getting to Red Sea and India quickly. I didn’t know what hit me. So saving fleet in 92 with airbase is probably a stronger move, but I am scared of 2 Italian transports instead of 1.

And German air scare the crap out of me. You don’t know how many times I was sweating it out with Russia when my childhood rival, Boldfresh on this site, was fantastic at stacking one front, and swiftly getting back to the other.

I learned that every German plane down greatly increases my chances of holding with Russia.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 Yup expected and calculated for. I need to continue going by luck for a while, so scramble it is!

• @pejon_88 said in L22 Pejon_88 (X) vs. Gamerman01 (+12) BM4 game1:

@gamerman01 He plays it aggressive, but maybe less so now than before. The game I lost to him was I think last year when he steamrolled through Europe with Germany and suddenly he had taken Moscow haha!

z absolutely had me until round 9, when he gave it away by breaking his mobile German force in Russia into pieces and I started picking them off. India should have been doomed and also the game. He gave it back to me in 1 round after 8 solids

• You can’t win against an equal player if you’re too cautious, i.e. afraid of the dice beating you.

• 2023 '22

@gamerman01 I understand and can relate to all the above :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m