ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V

• '19

@axis-dominion said in ksmckay(x) vs Axis-Dominion P2V:

Yah same here, I’ve been busier as well and also exploring a lot of new BoardGames. So I think I’ll stick with bm for a while and anyway, they are still working it out and refining it. I think I’m just not a big fan of the current carrier scrambling rules. I’d much prefer to see them nerfed. I gave some suggestions let’s see if anything comes of that.

Yeah the carrier scrambling is pretty crazy. Not sure if its a bad thing or not but its definitely the reason this game is so much more complex. I saw they reduced carrier d value to 1, but not sure thats enough.

• I think for me at least, global/bm may be about as far as I wish to push A&A complexity, as I’m starting to really take interest in other board games I’m exploring. For example, I recently bought Twilight Imperium and GloomHaven, and am preparing to launch into those games with my kids. I already played a year’s straight of Descent 2nd Ed campaigns (dungeon crawler) with my kids and We really enjoyed that. We’re taking a break from that and gonna try gloomhaven etc. I’ve always avoided getting into the more complex varieties of WW2 or war games in general, as they can really consume you. Global is already quite complex as it is, but I’m really used to it and am in a comfort zone with it. I think PTV May have been too big of a jump for me.

Also a new Kickstarter WW1 game recently caught my attention, it’s called Trench Club. I fully backed it and am excited to try that out when it comes out, probably next year.

• '19

glad to hear it. Always been curious about gloomhaven. My daughter is pretty young so we arent there yet, but looking forward to it one day. But yeah, global is good enough for me right now. Still a challenge and still forces me to think, but I have a decent enough understanding of it that it doesnt consume me which I dont have time for.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m