Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB

• TripleA Turn Summary: French round 2

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 2

Purchase Units - ANZAC
            ANZAC buy 1 destroyer and 2 submarines; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - ANZAC
            Turning on Edit Mode
            EDIT: Turning off Edit Mode
            EDIT: 1 bomber moved from Iceland to United Kingdom

Non Combat Move - ANZAC
            1 transport moved from 62 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            1 infantry moved from Dutch New Guinea to New Guinea
            1 cruiser, 1 destroyer and 1 submarine moved from 54 Sea Zone to 33 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from Queensland to Caroline Islands
            2 aaGuns, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Queensland to South Australia
            1 infantry moved from New South Wales to South Australia

Place Units - ANZAC
            1 destroyer and 2 submarines placed in 62 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - ANZAC
            ANZAC collect 10 PUs; end with 10 PUs
            Objective ANZAC 2 Control Strategic Islands: ANZAC met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 15 PUs

Combat Move - French

Non Combat Move - French
            1 infantry moved from Trans-Jordan to Egypt
            1 infantry moved from French Central Africa to French Equatorial Africa
            1 fighter and 1 infantry moved from Scotland to United Kingdom

Turn Complete - French

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

Savegame

• Ok, this is the turn then. It’s finalized by this post. Have taken input into account. N.B. that there’s an edit of the UK-sb that should’ve moved back to London instead of staying on vacation on Iceland. If it’s not approved, it will be changed back.

• Now onto G3. Let the attacks finally begin.

Curious Andrew, how well does this ignore-China plan work in Balanced Mod?

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris probably better than in OOB due to the fact that china’s bonus is cut by 3 and in BM Japan has to garrison everything

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Now onto G3. Let the attacks finally begin.

He doesn’t really play BM3, so the question is unfair. Think he’s tried it or in the process of trying it, but it’s a lot to adjust to.

It might actually be stronger in BM3. No need to keep any guerilla down. On the other hand J sorely misses the income-boost that China provides.

• @trulpen yeah, BM is much tougher for the Japanese in China. I waste way too many men trying to suppress the rebellions. I hate it when an American bomber knocks off the lone defender and a Chinese soldier pops up in Tibet.

• Seems to me that things are going semi-well in the pacific, but Russia looks like it is about to get hit by a serious uppercut. With a hammer blow likely headed for Calcutta, perhaps sending those air back to middle east, and then to Russia could make a difference in that theater?

• It will get ugly for Russia soon. Stopping the Japanese advancing even further west will be a challenge after India falls, and of course you can’t ignore Germany and Italy. Here is what the board looked like in a previous Andrew game where he abandoned China. It is a bit different because he headed his Japanese troops South instead of West. triplea_34892_jap4.tsvg

• And it seems like Andrew is a fan of big bomber builds for Germany, with 3 bombers/turn starting to be cranked out starting on G4. Those will be a big pain to deal with as they threaten so many places.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris No kidding. Axis bombers are a huge pain.

• '17 '16 '13 '12

@Saber25 said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@Arthur-Bomber-Harris No kidding. Axis bombers are a huge pain.

Says “Bomber” Harris ;)

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Also did an edit with the UK-bomber. Please confirm it’s ok, @AndrewAAGamer.

Yes - UK bomber edit is fine as it is a Forgotten Unit.

• @trulpen said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

Now onto G3. Let the attacks finally begin.

He doesn’t really play BM3, so the question is unfair. Think he’s tried it or in the process of trying it, but it’s a lot to adjust to.

It might actually be stronger in BM3. No need to keep any guerilla down. On the other hand J sorely misses the income-boost that China provides.

As trulpen says I have little experience with BM3. Exactly one game. In that game I did not ignore China mainly because I had little else to do. Based on the huge amount of money the US can collect in NOs I waited till J3 to make a DoW so I just picked on China for the first two Turns.

• @Arthur-Bomber-Harris said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

@AndrewAAGamer would you be able to give a critique of what was done well on US/China/UK turns, along with what you would have done differently in this situation?

Okay, really anything I say is going to be based on the fact that on UK1 the Allies failed in one of their two primary objectives; they did not hose Italy. With a $50 Bid the UK should be able to stop any hope of Sealion AND mess up Italy bad. Taranto is the most lethal way of taking Italy out early. With no Bid, like in BM3, this is not doable because it opens up London to Sealion and that extra sub in SZ98 makes a huge difference in the overall success of Taranto.

So, if I had been the Allies I agree with the US going all out into the Pacific and I like the China play too. Stacking Yunnan was a great move and really messed up any hopes Japan had of taking out China on the cheap. It is just since UK messed up the US now has to come back into the Atlantic which is problematic. I also disagree with leaving India weak. That is a ripe target for Japan and you can count on a J4 capture of India now. If Japan goes DoW on J1 it is just screaming “I am coming for India!”

By the end of Round 2 in the Pacific the US should be doing their best to match the IJN ship for ship so that if the Japanese go for India then they can move right in behind them and scoop up as many islands as possible. China should be trading as many Chinese ground forces for Japanese ground forces that they can. UK should be building infantry like crazy to make the capture of Calcutta as expensive as possible. ANZAC should be fighting guerilla warfare killing as many unprotected IJN units and IJA units that they can.

In the Atlantic the English Channel and the Med should be under complete control by the UK. One of the two Italian African ground forces should be eliminated and Italy should be collecting less than $10; unless Germany sacrificed 2.5 planes to take out the UK Taranto Killers. And no that is not a punk rock band.

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

Germany 3: Is my capital safe? Yes- totally.

So, time to declare war on Russia so I want to buy more fast movers to run after my advance troops. I already decided on I2 to abandon Gibraltar so those planes will fly away home. With Italy protecting my rear I can focus 100% on Moscow. Good. Since my lone sub cannot be killed I do not need to buy another one to replace it. Better to lose a $6 sub then let Russia collect $5 but in this case I am ahead as I do not need to do that. Time for Operation Barbarossa!

• 2024 2023 '22 '21 '20

TripleA Turn Summary: Germans round 3

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 3

Research Technology - Germans

Purchase Units - Germans
            Germans buy 4 armour and 6 mech_infantrys; Remaining resources: 1 PUs; 

Politics - Germans
            Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Axis To War With Russians: Changing Relationship for Germans and Russians from Neutrality to War
            Germans takes Political Action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese
                Germans succeeds on action: Political Action Germans To War With Chinese: Changing Relationship for Germans and Chinese from Neutrality to War

Combat Move - Germans
            1 armour moved from Poland to Baltic States
                  Germans take Baltic States from Russians
            1 armour moved from Baltic States to Eastern Poland
                  Germans take Eastern Poland from Russians
            1 armour, 6 artilleries and 4 infantry moved from Poland to Eastern Poland
            9 armour and 10 mech_infantrys moved from Germany to Eastern Poland
            1 armour moved from Romania to Bessarabia
                  Germans take Bessarabia from Russians
            1 armour moved from Bessarabia to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Karelia
                  Germans take Karelia from Russians
            1 infantry moved from Finland to Vyborg
                  Germans take Vyborg from Russians

Combat - Germans

Non Combat Move - Germans
            1 aaGun moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
            1 aaGun moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
            1 infantry moved from Romania to Eastern Poland
            5 artilleries and 27 infantry moved from Romania to Bessarabia
            5 mech_infantrys moved from Western Germany to Poland
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Western Germany to Poland
            1 artillery moved from Normandy Bordeaux to France
            1 transport moved from 113 Sea Zone to 126 Sea Zone
            1 submarine moved from 110 Sea Zone to 125 Sea Zone
            3 fighters and 4 tactical_bombers moved from Gibraltar to Southern Italy
            1 fighter moved from Gibraltar to Southern Italy
            2 bombers moved from Gibraltar to Southern Italy
            1 aaGun moved from Holland Belgium to France
            1 artillery moved from Holland Belgium to France
            3 aaGuns moved from Western Germany to France
            1 mech_infantry moved from Holland Belgium to Germany

Place Units - Germans
            4 armour and 6 mech_infantrys placed in Germany

Turn Complete - Germans
            Total Cost from Convoy Blockades: 1
                Rolling for Convoy Blockade Damage in 125 Sea Zone. Rolls: 1,5
            Germans collect 41 PUs (1 lost to blockades); end with 42 PUs
            Trigger Germans 5 Swedish Iron Ore: Germans met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 47 PUs

Savegame

@trulpen yeah, BM is much tougher for the Japanese in China. I waste way too many men trying to suppress the rebellions. I hate it when an American bomber knocks off the lone defender and a Chinese soldier pops up in Tibet.

But gotta love when that little jap knicks a whole bomber off the table with it’s rifle! 😁

• @AndrewAAGamer said in Tutor game: AndrewAAGamer (X) vs trulpen [and everyone else] (A+50) OOB:

the UK Taranto Killers. And no that is not a punk rock band

But it is!

Or if it isn’t, it really should be. Any takers? 😉

• TripleA Manual Gamesave Post: Russians round 3

TripleA Manual Gamesave Post for game: World War II Global 1940 2nd Edition, version: 4.0

Game History

Round: 3

Purchase Units - Russians
            Russians buy 13 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 

Combat Move - Russians
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Baltic States
                  Russians take Baltic States from Germans
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Karelia
            1 infantry moved from Novgorod to Vyborg
            1 fighter and 1 tactical_bomber moved from Novgorod to Karelia
            1 fighter moved from Novgorod to Vyborg
            1 submarine moved from 125 Sea Zone to 126 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Caucasus to Iraq
                  Russians take Iraq from Neutral_Axis

Savegame

• Here comes the initial suggestion.

Purchase 13 inf.

Conquest Iraq.

Kill tr.

Grab Baltic.

Attack Karelia and Vyborg.

Still no italian can-opener active. Have to consider building 3 inf in Leningrad instead of Stalingrad. The longer Russia may deny Germany Leningrad, the better, unless it’s too costly regarding the defence of Moscow.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m