• @ncscswitch:

I grew up hunting and fishing.

White tail deer, grouse, pheasant, rabbit, squirrel, turkey…
    Modern rifle (30/30 for dear, .22 for squirrel), Shotgun (12 gauge), muzzleloader (.50 flintlock, PA did not allow percussion caps for mussleloader season), and archery season (Bear Recurve).

Crappy, Bass, Walleye, Trout, Muskie (you need steel leader for those, even then they bite through it from time to time).

All of it was for food on the table.  I ate a LOT of game as a kid.

The only “short” fishing I ever did was for Carp.  Fun to catch when they pull your boat up and down the river for an hour, but they taste terrible, so catch and release.  And sport shooting was only clay pigeons, targets, or some “reactive” targets (sharpshooting black walnuts still in the husk with a .22…  when you hit the nut in the center, they explode!)

Same here… I hunted wild boar, deer, squirrel, and duck. Fished big game… (king fish, swordfish, halibut, crab). And then I like to hit cats in the yard with an aerosoft gun.

I like hunting but just never make time for it. A little more difficult in a city. :-P

• @Cmdr:

hunting if you eat the meat good. Hunting if you leave the carcass to rot, bad.

Agreeded also, the Native Americans have the right idea of using everything till those calverymen came along and killed millions of  buffalo for their hide tungs, and horns  :x  :cry:

• When I hunt, I use by bare hands.

And sometimes my bear hands, too.

• calverymen

no its Cavalry. Calvery is a church organization of sorts

• Calvery is a church organization of sorts

Actually it’s Calvary, not Calvery, mr imperious grammar!

• yes correct.

• Grammar thread, plz.

Jermofoot, this was a thread about anything!

GG

• 2007 AAR League

Hello people  :-D

• @Guerrilla:

Jermofoot, this was a thread about anything!

GG

I know, just figured we could have some fun with grammar on it’s own thread, ya know?

@ezto:

Hello people  :-D

Look at what the cat dragged in.  :mrgreen:

Um, we went from Sports, to Nascar, to Hunting… And Grammar needs it’s own thread… Hmmm… :wink:

GG

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@Guerrilla:

Um, we went from Sports, to Nascar, to Hunting… And Grammar needs it’s own thread… Hmmm… :wink:

GG

Welcome to the new millennium!

Yeah, new whatever… Its so new, could split this thread into 4 topics!

• And with all the various things we’ve talked about, I see “war ringtones” advertisement with pics from Abu Ghraib.  WTF?

Ok, here’s something.  Rock Band just came out, and it is fun.  8-)

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Great….now I got eBay, thank you.  Evil, vile company!  Funny those two words have the same letters!

• well i for one have been recently into ‘Indian music’ Its really fascinating. Heres one video which is hard to turn my eyes away for some strange reason…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRmqZRPgK1w&feature=related

The girl is totally gorgeous even though i cant believe she is actually Indian…

The music is so positive and upbeat it almost presents the idea that India can produce some neat music.

• Another thing im doing is playing serious Badminton which is my new favorite sport. I’m currently also an umpire for national IBF events and getting training to be both player and umpire for international badminton. I have been retired ( from work) for the last year or so and all my efforts go into this playing nearly every day and sometimes twice a day. I pattern my play to the style of Nathan Robertson who plays for the English national team. He partners with Gail Emms who is perhaps the best front court player after Gao lin from China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21VdM23xf5o

• @Imperious:

Perhaps it is best explained by decades of British occupation.

Wow, that was so borderline racism… I’m liking it even better… Not the racism of course…

GG

• @Imperious:

not really to either part of the sentence.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m