Can allies attack each other? How does one win this game? Domination?

• I’m very new to the game axis and allies. Just bought it and want to play it. There is alot to the game and i have no friends that know nothing about this game, So i have no choice but to turn to the internet.

I was told this game is like risk on massive crack. So in risk you can attack anyone and negotiate secretly with people to win the game.

So can I for example, play as the Americans and attack the British, after a certain amount of time? and negotiate with the Germans?

How do you win? is it complete domination or do the allied or axis powers have to win together by taking axis land? Is their a choice to play global domination?

Thank you in advance.

• In the House Rules section of this forum, a few ideas have sometimes been kicked around for rules that would allow a free-for-all, Risk-style, global domination A&A game.  But under the official rules of A&A, the Allies and the Axis play as teams against each other.  The Allied nations don’t fight each other and the Axis nations don’t fight each other.  At most, in some of the games, there are initial phases in which some of the player nations are neutral.

A&A is like a massive version of Risk only in the sense that both games use a similar basic four-stroke engine: units fight battles, battles win territory, territory generates income, and income buys units.

• '17 '16

A&A 1941 is a 2 to 5 player game… no matter how many players you have, there are always two teams/sides… Axis… and Allies (hence the name)…

The game is won when one team or the other reaches its victory conditions… like taking the enemy team’s capitals (say the Allies win if they take Berlin and Tokyo).

By the rules of the game, its team vs team… there is no backstabbing your allies by the rules. Of course in your own home you can modify the standard rules all you want if everyone at the table agrees, but since you’re asking a straight up question on an A&A forum… no… it’s not a free for all, there is no double-dealing across team lines… either the Allies win or the Axis wins. Victory conditions are stated in the rules, but by the rules, there is no backstabbing or “free for all”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m