Infantry Push Mechanic – Alive and Well or Dead and Buried?

• @ncscswitch:

Another factor that played heavilly into the change of the IPM is the increase of ARM’s defenseive value to 3.  In Classic, with ARM defending the same as INF, ARM was a horrid buy defensively.  But in Revised, ARM now serves as an “anchor” to an INF stack on defense (soemthign that was only possible with 12 IPC FIGs in Classic) to increase the defensive punch value of a stack.

So, unlike in Classic where Tanks were only an OFFENSIVE buy, in Revised they are both an offensive AND defensive buy.

Switch – good point!  :-)  Which I made in my other article . . .  :-D

• My view on infantry:

You’ve got a 40% minimum discount on casualties.  Infantry have logistic problems, but that 40% is very attractive.

That is, an infantry costs only 60% of the cost of a tank (so 40% off).  Of course, for other units like artillery or fighters, the cost of an infantry is proportionately less.

(pushes infantry) whee!  :-D

BIG STACKS OF INFANTRY

HAWT.

• @newpaintbrush:

My view on infantry:

You’ve got a 40% minimum discount on casualties.  Infantry have logistic problems, but that 40% is very attractive.

That is, an infantry costs only 60% of the cost of a tank (so 40% off).  Of course, for other units like artillery or fighters, the cost of an infantry is proportionately less.

(pushes infantry) whee!  :-D

BIG STACKS OF INFANTRY

HAWT.

That’s assuming you have the time . . . when my big stack of armor is sitting in Moscow, then 40% of nothing is still nothing!  :-D

• @Gamer:

That’s assuming you have the time . . . when my big stack of armor is sitting in Moscow, then 40% of nothing is still nothing!  :-D

Your big stack of armor already got killed when you tried to attack my bigger stack of infantry.

Rofl.

If only you knew the power of teh infantryz0rz.

• The secret to guaranteed victory:

R1:
    With $24 to spend…
    1 Battleship

(notice I did not say WHO the win was guaranteed for  :evil: )

• @ncscswitch:

The secret to guaranteed victory:

R1:
    With $24 to spend…
    1 Battleship

I’ve always wanted to do that, LOL!!!

• @Gamer:

@ncscswitch:

R1:
    With $24 to spend…
    1 Battleship

Hey, you can do it in our game.

• @newpaintbrush:

@Gamer:

@ncscswitch:

R1:
    With $24 to spend…
    1 Battleship

So are we playing or what?  You never responded to my last PM?!

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Paint brush needs some help.  Infantry stacks are HAWT??? hehe.

Honestly, the battleship was always sexier to me.  Long, pointed, muscular war vessel not afraid to charge into battle!

• @Gamer:

@newpaintbrush:

@Gamer:

@ncscswitch:

R1:
    With $24 to spend…
    1 Battleship

So are we playing or what?  You never responded to my last PM?!

I thought I did.

Well, I sent another PM.

PMs.  Hawt.

Long . . . pointed . . . muscular . . . war vessel . . .

• All she was missing was “hard” in that description for it to mean something COMPLETELY different…  :evil:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

All she was missing was “hard” in that description for it to mean something COMPLETELY different…  :evil:

I purposely omitted it in a thinly veiled attempt to not turn the board into an X-Rated chat. =P

• @Jennifer:

@ncscswitch:

All she was missing was “hard” in that description for it to mean something COMPLETELY different…   :evil:

I purposely omitted it in a thinly veiled attempt to not turn the board into an X-Rated chat. =P

I’m afraid that ship sailed long ago, missy . . . .  :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Hey Jenn, I found a long . . . pointed . . . muscular . . . war vessel . . . that’s SIX FEET LONG!!!

Check out this link:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=9823.0;topicseen

ROFL!

• It’s radio controlled.  Think of the possibilities.

Come to think of it, that whole “infantry push mechanic” . . . just what are you trying to get at, Gamer?

• @newpaintbrush:

It’s radio controlled.  Think of the possibilities.

Come to think of it, that whole “infantry push mechanic” . . . just what are you trying to get at, Gamer?

Snicker  Umm, no comment.  :oops: :-D

• Put a helmet on that soldier!
    :evil:

(sorry, we are WAAAAYYYY off topic….

• Founder TripleA Admin

Posted to website.

• In general what is a good ratio then on first purchase?  4 infantry and 3 artillery?

• '16 '15 '10

Depends on the context (what’s going on in the game, what your goals are).  Generally speaking, the economically optimal attack ratio is approximately 2:1 (inf/art).  But in practice, most players keep their inf/art stacks at a ratio b/w 3:1 to 5:1 because infantry are better for defense, and because you want to use infantry for trades, and also because tanks can be used to supplement attack punch which means you don’t need as many artillery.  In Revised, where tanks are only 5, some experts only purchase artillery when they are getting set to attack a capital, because they prefer the mobility and flexibility of tanks as their primary offensive asset.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m