I've had it with Simple Machines Forum

• Founder TripleA Admin

As you may or may not know, we’re using Simple Machines Forum and like PhpBB, it is a piece of crap. It is slow and painful to use. It is not modular. It has neat features but it is impossible to maintain.

Between now and the next few months, I’m going to switch to Phorum. I’m not sure what this will mean in terms of migration of existing topics and accounts. I will do my best to migrate, at the very least, accounts. Message discussions might be difficult to impossible to migrate. If I cannot migrate discussions, I will leave the existing board online but posting will be turned off.

I realize this is a big change but it has to be done to eliminate the spam problem and make my life easier, and likely your posting experience will also be easier.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Sorry about the spam messages. The test broke and some got through. I deleted them.

• I say you switch to the forum software that the bozos over at AH are trying to use… it’s really cool (not).  :evil:

• There is another one that got through today in General Discussion.

• Yes i suggest they need to contact a moderator first before the first post…just to make sure these are humans and not spamming machines, then we access their account and toggle “enable” so they can post.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m