• 2007 AAR League

This thought just sprung to my mind…

In AAR, you could have quite prolonged endgames.
    Even when Germany was reduced to 16-22 income, it still could hold out very long.

However, the endgame should go faster in AA50. Why?
    Since one side will be able to constantly cash in their bonuses. While the other will be pushed back, and denied its bonuses.

Thus the endgame should be quite shorter in AA50. Don’t you think?

• Yes this was commented before. That is why the bonus thing is good, so peeps cant just bunker down anymore waiting on the other guy to save him, rather they are each following their own fortune trying to get to the point where they will always get the bonus and accelerate the games end.

Tournament play may be able tweek the bonus to increase it and make a quick end to games.

• @Perry:

This thought just sprung to my mind…

In AAR, you could have quite prolonged endgames.
    Even when Germany was reduced to 16-22 income, it still could hold out very long.

However, the endgame should go faster in AA50. Why?
    Since one side will be able to constantly cash in their bonuses. While the other will be pushed back, and denied its bonuses.

Thus the endgame should be quite shorter in AA50. Don’t you think?

I suspect that it will depend on who is winning.  If the Axis, it will likely go quickly from what has been posted.  If the Allies, I do not see that it will be much different.  The Axis seem to have the edge in bonuses.

I also suspect that the bonuses are going to be adjusted by everyone to fit their preferences.

• However, if the Allies are getting their bonuses (many of them which directly prevent the collection of bonuses by Axis powers), the game should go by faster for an Allied victory.

• Until the game is out, and we see what all of the bonuses are, it is very hard to say.  Just that from what information that has been posted and confirmed, the Axis look to have the edge.

• The most logic and reasonable endgame terms is common sense… you know if (almost certainly) you can’t win, at least experienced players usually does, and probably most AA50 players will already be familiar with AAR or other AA versions.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m