• I just got another copy of AAR and BOTB from zestuff.com and was surprised to find that when I opened up AAR I got BOTB tanks with it! I of course love the BOTB tanks and was pleasantly surprised to get more of them besides from my now 2 copies of BOTB. Has this happened to anyone else? Did Hasbro run out of their old “skinny” panthers and replace them with the more robust ones from BOTB?

• wow! thats weird.

• I do not own BOTB.  But my AAR tanks are bigger than any other land unit on the board.

If anyone has a photo of the 2 units side by side on a game board that would help…

• Here are the two tanks. Forgive the crude image I whipped up in paint in about 1min. :lol:

Tank.JPG

• Definitely a better quality unit in BOTB.

• what is BOTB?

• @Amon:

what is BOTB?

Battle Of The Bulge

• '11

The BOTB tanks are a lot more impressive for Germany, then the tank units from older sets. I tried to order additional pieces through Hasbro’s replacement department, just to have them. However, they are not available to order on the replacement pieces page. It’s a shame, as they would be so much more fun to have then the regular armor.

• The deep black color on the BOTB pieces is also very pleasing.

I would hazard that the BOTB tanks are not available for replacement as they are using them in their Revised sets.

• '11

Perhaps the pieces will be available for order in the future. When you have tank divisions spread on the board, the BOTB tanks look a lot better then their predecessors.

• yea don’t count on that. Hasbro does not care at all about such things. I have send many emails regarding this over the years and nothing gets done.ever.

• Official Q&A

Admiral, for some reason I can’t see the picture you posted.  What color are your German pieces?

• '11

That is too bad that Hasbro won’t release pieces for order, such as the BOTB tank. From what I have seen on their site, it appears that all they have are individual contry’s starting strength boards and the like. However, they probably never will as they probably don’t see enough profit in the endeavor.

• They know they will make money, but they would make more by selling you another copy of the game instead. Thats not customer service its customer gouging

• '11

I agree. That’s corporate America for you. They don’t care about the little guy.

• Late reply Krieghund but the germans pieces are the dark grey almost black like BOTB pieces. That’s the color  that I got with my newest copy of AAR. Sorry, I have been gone awhile on the forums but the Admiral has returned!

• Now, I am a collector and have several copies of each A&A game, excepet Guad wich I am still waiting for, since few shops ships to my location.

I got my first A&A Europe in 2004, it had fat german panther tanks, and fat russian tanks in redbrown. I got my last Europe game in 2008, and it had the skinny panther from Revised, and MB brown russian units, and even a skinny russian tank. What a disappointment.

I got my first A&A Pacific in 2004, it had MB brown chines units, red japanese units and USA had a naval fighter. I got a new copy 2008, and now the Chinese units is red, the japanese units are orange and the US naval fighters are missing, they only got p38.

I got my Revised in 2004, it had this famous skinny german tank in marinegrey, redbrown russians and light green brits. I got my last Revised in 2008, and now the germans have a fat and black BotB-tank with big barrel, the russians are MB-brown with skinny tank, and the brits are khaki.

I got my first D-day in 2006, it had skinny german tanks and pale brits. I got my last D-day now in 2008, and it have BotB-tanks and khaki brits.

I also got my second BotB-game now in 2008, and it is the same as last year.

For some reason AH are doing something with the molds, I dont know why

• Yes, I have gotten a lot of different colors for the British. Light Green, Tan, Dark tan. They don’t all go together so I usually use the none tan units for commonwealth units.

• I wish the Russians always came in MB brown. That red sucked

• Official Q&A

@Adlertag:

For some reason AH are doing something with the molds, I dont know why

I know that the mold for the German tanks was changed for Revised because they thought the Europe mold was too big for the spaces on the board.  It was changed again for Bulge (thank Larry) because the Revised one sucked.

As to why the colors change, who knows?  Each lead game developer probably has a different idea as to which color best represents each nation.

I imagine that every time they change a mold and/or color for a new game, all of the old games they produce from then on will be switched to the new mold and/or color.  This is simple economics.  Rather than order 50,000 skinny grey German tanks for Revised and 50,000 cool black German tanks for Bulge, they would rather order 100,000 tanks of one type.  The cost per unit is lower that way.  The Hellcat was probably dumped from Pacific for the same reason.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m