trulpen (X) vs oysteilo (A+5) BM3

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

own carriers

• Ok, gotcha.

• TripleA Turn Summary: Japanese round 22

TripleA Turn Summary for game: World War II Global 1940 Balanced Mod3, version: 3.4

Game History

Round: 22

Purchase Units - Japanese
            Japanese buy 1 destroyer, 3 fighters, 7 infantry, 2 submarines and 1 tactical_bomber; Remaining resources: 0 PUs; 2 SuicideAttackTokens; 

Combat Move - Japanese
            1 submarine moved from 17 Sea Zone to 7 Sea Zone
            3 bombers moved from Japan to 7 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 6 Sea Zone to 22 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from Japan to 6 Sea Zone
            2 infantry and 1 transport moved from 6 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 infantry moved from 34 Sea Zone to Paulau Island
            5 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from 44 Sea Zone to Paulau Island
            1 armour moved from Sakha to Soviet Far East
                  Japanese take Siberia from Russians
                  Japanese take Soviet Far East from Russians

Combat - Japanese
            Battle in 22 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 1 fighter
                Americans defend with 1 transport
                    1 transport owned by the Americans lost in 22 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 1 fighter remaining. Battle score for attacker is 7
                Casualties for Americans: 1 transport
            Battle in Paulau Island
                Japanese attack with 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers
                ANZAC defend with 1 artillery and 1 infantry
                    Japanese roll dice for 5 fighters, 2 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers in Paulau Island, round 2 : 3/9 hits, 4,17 expected hits
                    ANZAC roll dice for 1 artillery and 1 infantry in Paulau Island, round 2 : 1/2 hits, 0,67 expected hits
                    1 infantry owned by the Japanese, 1 infantry owned by the ANZAC and 1 artillery owned by the ANZAC lost in Paulau Island
                Japanese win, taking Paulau Island from ANZAC with 5 fighters, 1 infantry and 2 tactical_bombers remaining. Battle score for attacker is 4
                Casualties for Japanese: 1 infantry
                Casualties for ANZAC: 1 artillery and 1 infantry
            Battle in 7 Sea Zone
                Japanese attack with 3 bombers and 1 submarine
                Americans defend with 1 destroyer
                    Japanese roll dice for 1 submarine in 7 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    Japanese roll dice for 3 bombers in 7 Sea Zone, round 2 : 2/3 hits, 2,00 expected hits
                    Americans roll dice for 1 destroyer in 7 Sea Zone, round 2 : 0/1 hits, 0,33 expected hits
                    1 destroyer owned by the Americans lost in 7 Sea Zone
                Japanese win with 3 bombers and 1 submarine remaining. Battle score for attacker is 8
                Casualties for Americans: 1 destroyer

Non Combat Move - Japanese
            4 infantry moved from Yunnan to Burma
            3 infantry moved from Shan State to Burma
            1 artillery and 2 infantry moved from Malaya to Shan State
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hopei
            1 infantry moved from Hopei to Shensi
            1 infantry moved from Shensi to Szechwan
            1 infantry moved from Szechwan to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Kweichow
            2 infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Hunan
            1 infantry moved from Hunan to Yunnan
            3 infantry moved from Shantung to Jehol
            3 infantry moved from Kiangsu to Anhwe
            1 carrier, 3 destroyers and 2 submarines moved from 6 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 carrier moved from 44 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            3 fighters moved from 44 Sea Zone to Java
            1 submarine moved from 44 Sea Zone to 41 Sea Zone
            1 destroyer moved from 44 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            2 destroyers moved from 44 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            5 submarines moved from 44 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            2 fighters moved from 44 Sea Zone to 37 Sea Zone
            5 carriers moved from 44 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from Japan to 34 Sea Zone
            5 fighters and 2 tactical_bombers moved from Paulau Island to 34 Sea Zone
            1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Celebes to 44 Sea Zone
            1 artillery, 3 infantry and 2 transports moved from 44 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 fighter moved from 22 Sea Zone to 34 Sea Zone
            1 mech_infantry moved from Kweichow to Yunnan
            1 bomber moved from 7 Sea Zone to Anhwe
            2 bombers moved from 7 Sea Zone to Anhwe
            1 mech_infantry moved from Sakha to Buryatia
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Chahar
            1 infantry moved from Chahar to Suiyuyan
            1 infantry moved from Suiyuyan to Kansu
            1 infantry moved from Kansu to Timguska
            1 infantry moved from Anhwe to Jehol

Place Units - Japanese
            3 fighters, 1 infantry and 1 tactical_bomber placed in Japan
            3 infantry placed in Shantung
            3 infantry placed in Kiangsu
            1 destroyer and 2 submarines placed in 37 Sea Zone

Turn Complete - Japanese
            Japanese collect 72 PUs; end with 72 PUs
            Objective Japanese 6 Home Islands: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 3 PUs; end with 75 PUs
            Objective Japanese 4 Control Dutch East Indies: Japanese met a national objective for an additional 5 PUs; end with 80 PUs

Combat Hit Differential Summary :

ANZAC : 0,33
    Americans : -0,33
    Japanese : -1,50

Savegame

• @oysteilo said in trulpen (X) vs oysteilo (A+5) BM3:

500 to 600 TUV advanatge

The Allies does however have substantial more structural TUV.

Not proving a point as much as fooling around a bit with statistics here. This is the situation before US/Ch/UK-turns, so A will increase and X will decrease, likely ending up in about 500 total difference. However…

Total TUV
    A: 3005
    X: 2685
    Diff: 320

Structural TUV
    A: 747 [6 MIC, 6 mIC, 18 ab, 15 nb]
    X: 534 [4 MIC, 12 mIC, 9 ab, 9 nb]
    N.B. not counting Normandie, since it is on exchange status
    Diff: 213

TUV Units
    A: 2258 (453 units)
    X: 2151 (468 units)
    Diff: 107

At the moment the fighting power is almost equal on the board, not taking into account power distribution and the strategic value of ab’s and nb’s. This does not refute your analysis that i e Cairo will be a very tough nut to crack. As is Moscow and Calcutta.

i am going to stop playing this game as I think this is a stalement for 30+ rounds. I am not going to invest any more time on this.

If you insist on playing I will post the result

Thanks for a very competitive game and good luck in your next games. I hope we can play again at some point

or i am only going to play if i dont have any better to do, so it will be slower than now

• @oysteilo said in trulpen (X) vs oysteilo (A+5) BM3:

or i am only going to play if i dont have any better to do, so it will be slower than now

That’s completely ok. I don’t mind.

• I have 11 parallell games, so I have moves to do usually.

• I’ll just bump#1 this for our convenience.

kommer ikke til å fullføre denne. Mest sannsynlig vinner du. Veldig imponerende hvordan du klarer å la hele vest europa være tom. Fint spilt

mottar gjerne kommentarer på hva jeg gjorde feil

• Tack för partiet! Väl kämpat!

Ska kika på partiet. Återkommer.

• I’ve checked the game quickly. Don’t think you’ve made any apparent mistakes or blunders. You’ve defended very well in both Moscow and Calcutta. Rather it is I who have failed to press matters.

One thing though is that once you made that landing in Greece, maybe you should’ve fought harder to make it an outpost with the goal of also controlling Yugo? Might need to be able to control z97 and keep the fleet there, a bit like A-D does in our 3rd game. Germany perhaps had a too easy task of reclaiming it.

The same may go for the landing in Normandie. When doing it, it needs to be secured or atleast possible to fight for. I’m not sure, but maybe G got too easy defensive tasks on the western front.

It seems US needs larger landing capabilities.

I believe that the 2 mICs G built in Russia are serious mistakes. Should better be invested in mechs and air.

As the position looks like now in round 22 it’s just a matter of time before both Moscow and Calcutta falls, and then the Allied position likely crumbles. Germany is insanely strong.

I think you are right to resign, although it’s definitely possible to continue the fight, it’s not evidently over, but I presume that your distaste for the long, tedious endgame was the defining factor in your decision.

• US and ANZAC have also pestered Japan for the control of the DEI. Maybe they should’ve taken a more aggressive approach earlier?

Good points.

I was gonna let you have India eventually. I think that would have saved moscow for many rounds. About 40 fighters and 100 infantry is hard to kill. I think you are wrong when you say both india and moscow will fall. And if moscow is down i think the british will be all over you.

I think you have the advantage here. But i do think you overestimate it.!

• Maybe, but consider that G builds 15 land units in the area each round. Along with some hefty air, I don’t think Moscow can hold for very long, even with 40 figs in there. Germany already has more land units bordering Moscow than Russia has in Moscow (90 inf, 40 art against 104 inf, 15 art). The pansar divisions with 27 tanks and 17 mechs will also make an impression. G will start building mechs in Leningrad and once the trigger for attack is pushed, the round before there will be 12 mechs/tanks in the factory belt. A good portion of air can also be called in at that time. No, I can’t honestly see how Moscow can be able to defend for more than 2-3 rounds here.

• But you are very right that UK push hard from the south. That’s certainly a nuiscance. The panzar’s task is to uphold them, if possible, until the final hour.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m