Using trucks/to pull artillery move troops

• So we use a house rule that allows mechs and or trucks to pull artillery/machine guns while also carrying1 troop?are we the only ones who do this?

• Mechanized Transport:

In the non-combat move phase, a mechanized unit can transport an artillery or infantry unit during its 2 space movement.

• Sponsor

Is it not a safe assumption that the mechanized infantry represents an infantry already on board?, is this not how a mech infantry (basically a vehicle) gets it’s initial attack and defense punch?… I’m all for mech infantry “vehicles” towing an artillery unit, but only in the non combat movement phase IMO.

• @Young:

Is it not a safe assumption that the mechanized infantry represents an infantry already on board?, is this not how a mech infantry (basically a vehicle) gets it’s initial attack and defense punch?… I’m all for mech infantry “vehicles” towing an artillery unit, but only in the non combat movement phase IMO.

I agree with your assumption on the mech carrying an automatic inf  in order for it to get a A or D value roll. As long as it also gets a +1 on A from an Art. If you want it to tow an Art in combat it should C5.

I rather see and use a normal Truck-Transport.
    A0 D0 M2 C5 (ES@1?) Transports  2 inf only in non combat. Can take as casualty.

Best to use if you dont have Railroads in your game.
    YG has Trainstations in his Deluxe game where you can move any 3 pieces 3 spaces from a Trainstation only.

• Correct, it already assuming Mech Infantry is literally a half track with an infantry unit attached to get value of the unit. I’d just have a house rule that allows Mechs to pull AA guns and Artillery two spaces.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m