How old are you and when did you start playing

• Hi Chaps

I’m 30 and have being playing since about 1988 with various friends and at my games club.
    I have all the new editions as I threw the old Classic A&A out when I got the revised last year.
    Anyway I’m British and live in Highwycombe England.

Ps Did anyone on this forum used to be in the US forces and come over to England about 14 years ago( give or take a year )and play A&A with me in Harrow (Part of Northwest London) I can’t remember your name but you always used to call me when you were over for a game.

Cheers
    Rob

• I’m 12, started playing '42 at school about 10 weeks ago, loved it, and now I got 2nd Ed. for Christmas!  :-D

• 15, it was back in 1997. 2nd edtion

• I am 29. I played my first game of axis (2nd edition) in 2002, when I was 16. I played my first game of risk when I was 10 at summercamp.

I started nonfamily games when I was 16. I played Junta, Carcasonne, Samurai Swords, Titan, Fortress America (an all time favourite), Settlers of Catan, Axis, Britannia and Age of renisance (another favourite) in those early days.

Nowadays, it is less about the game and more about the company I keep when I play

• Exactly. The company and camaraderie is more important than the game.

• '17 '16

Born sometime in the late 60’s (back in those days, people didn’t track birthdays)… as a teen in the 80’s, I played the original 1st edition 1984 MB Gamemaster Axis and Allies Classic extensively for several years… I then became distracted after I joined the United States Air Force, and in my free time playing with high-end computers like the Commodore 64 (and eventually Amiga)… deployed in a few wars, something, something, something… settled down… I’m since retired from the Air Force, now working as a civilian for the Navy and deciding to get back into A&A (picking it back up with 1941 and 1942SE) to share with my kids.

• Started playing in 1990. Currently playing an informal tournament with 2 friends. It’s gonna take us 24 games to play every combination of team/countries, and we are only starting game 4 next week. I have always loved the game, but took a 10 year hiatus at one point…. lack of players near me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m