• Hi,

i’m new, and play A&A since december, so i’m not quite good yet and still discovering new options. we started a game yesterday, and i play axis but japan is getting tricky.

it’s J2 now and this is the situation:
    i had unfortunate rolls on china so i couldn’t take it but i got rid of the PH fleet pretty easy. (lost the sub)

-UK fleet: BB is together with the US transports and destroyer on the east coast, no UK transports left in the atlantic so no pressure in the next round for germany. the indian fleet is in SZ33.
    -the RAF (5 fig, 1bom) wiped out my baltic fleet and is now located at caucasus.
    -manchung is taken by 5 rus inf.
    -kwangtung IC, 2 fig
    -FIC 3 inf, 2 fig, 1 tank
    -india 5 uk inf
    -china 1 us inf
    -sinkiang i us inf, 2 rus inf, 1 rus tank, 1 rus fig.
    -japan 4 inf, 2 art, 1 bomb.

i was thinking of taking china with 2 inf and 3-4 fig from FIC.
    then take (non combat moves) 2 inf from manilla to kwangtung 2 fig, and my AA and 1 inf to FIC.and locate 4 fig
    locate my FIC fleet next to kwangtung, my other fleet in 60.

then drop an AA and 1 tank at japan, trans at 60 and 3 inf in kwangtung
    which leaves to:
    FIC 2 inf, AA, 1 tank, 4 fig
    china 1 or 2 inf
    kwangtung 5 inf, 2 fig.

so now my fleets are pretty save, and only my transport next to FIC will probably be destroyed.

there’s 1 us fig at persia and 1fig/1 bom at alaska. uk can’t reach the fleet but may take FIC with good rolls. but then the raf will be way thinner.

please help me out, is this the best solution?

cheers,

BB

• @blitzkrieg:

Hi,

i’m new, and play A&A since december, so i’m not quite good yet and still discovering new options. we started a game yesterday, and i play axis but japan is getting tricky.

it’s J2 now and this is the situation:
    i had unfortunate rolls on china so i couldn’t take it but i got rid of the PH fleet pretty easy. (lost the sub)

-UK fleet: BB is together with the US transports and destroyer on the east coast, no UK transports left in the atlantic so no pressure in the next round for germany. the indian fleet is in SZ33.
    -the RAF (5 fig, 1bom) wiped out my baltic fleet and is now located at caucasus.
    -manchung is taken by 5 rus inf.
    -kwangtung IC, 2 fig
    -FIC 3 inf, 2 fig, 1 tank
    -india 5 uk inf
    -china 1 us inf
    -sinkiang i us inf, 2 rus inf, 1 rus tank, 1 rus fig.
    -japan 4 inf, 2 art, 1 bomb.

i was thinking of taking china with 2 inf and 3-4 fig from FIC.
    then take (non combat moves) 2 inf from manilla to kwangtung 2 fig, and my AA and 1 inf to FIC.and locate 4 fig
    locate my FIC fleet next to kwangtung, my other fleet in 60.

then drop an AA and 1 tank at japan, trans at 60 and 3 inf in kwangtung
    which leaves to:
    FIC 2 inf, AA, 1 tank, 4 fig
    china 1 or 2 inf
    kwangtung 5 inf, 2 fig.

so now my fleets are pretty save, and only my transport next to FIC will probably be destroyed.

there’s 1 us fig at persia and 1fig/1 bom at alaska. uk can’t reach the fleet but may take FIC with good rolls. but then the raf will be way thinner.

please help me out, is this the best solution?

cheers,

BB

First priority should be to recapture Manchuria, which should be easy with all your air power and BB bombards.  Then China , Sink, India.

You did not mention whether the USA was massing a Pacific fleet.  Assuming not, there’s not alot of pressure on Japan, so just try to focus on the best targets where you can take out the most enemy troops with least loss and also balance that against IPC gain per territory.

In this case, you can take out 5 inf with relatively little loss, and the gain is 3 IPC versus 2 in China, so thats your best choice.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m