• ANZAC  attempts to take the Celebes from the Japanese.  Moves 1 cruiser, 1 destroyer, 1 transport with cargo towards the sea zone.  Inside the zone is a Japanese battleship, transport and 1 infantry on the island.

The battle doesnt go well for the ANZAC.  The Japanese battleship is damaged,  but the ANZAC lose the cruiser and the destroyer.  The only remaining ship in the sea zone for the ANZAC is the attacking transport.

Question:  What happens to the transport?  Can it retreat into the next eligible sea zone or is it sunk by the damaged battleship under the defenseless transports rule?

• If it was not hit in  the battle, it can retreat in the next round.
    Only defenceless defending Transports are automatically sunk(because eventually the attacker will roll a hit).
    Attacking ones still need to be hit to be sunk.

• In the next round of the SAME combat or in the next TURN of the power?  and what could an attacking transport NOT able to retreat into an adjacent sea zone?

• another question…when japan goers to war against the us…they do LOSE that +10 IPC bonus at the start of the game correct?

• @RJL518:

In the next round of the SAME combat or in the next TURN of the power?  and what could an attacking transport NOT able to retreat into an adjacent sea zone?

Same combat Turn. New Round: instead of attacking(they cannot), they retreat.

There are occasions when there is not an eligible SZ in which to retreat.

They lose the 10IPC bonus if they attack the US. Not if Anzac or the UK attack them.
    The bonus is collected at the end of the Japanese turn, when they collect income. If they attacked the US that turn, they won’t get it.

• even though i have been playing this game since it game out in the 80s…doesnt mean i know it all…

thanks my man

oh…look at that…im a tank now…BLITZKRIEG TIME!!!

• Congratulations: I could not wait to be a Tank (and wished I could have remained one!).
    I started playing in 87 at university.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m