Trying to learn this with nobody that has played…

• Greetings all and Merry Christmas to everyone……

I have a question that I am sure will be the first of many to come. My family and I are trying to figure out how to play this game and we are doing OK so far. However we have hit our first bump. In order to learn the combat phase we tried attacking one infantry with two infantry. This was simple enough and was very easy to get down. then we threw in a glitch. We tried one infantry with one tank vs one infantry. I rolled the infantry first and rolled a 5. My son then rolled the defending infantry and rolled a 1. so I pulled the attacking infantry.  Then I rolled for the tank and rolled a 6, miss. My son rolled for the defending infantry and rolled a 2. This is where the question comes…  How many hits does it take to destroy a tank? (or anything for that matter)… Did this scenario then destroy the tank with only one roll? Or should the tank be hit a set number of times in order to be destroyed? this question also applies to industrial complex buildings, aircraft carriers etc…  How many hits per unit in order to have these destroyed?

I am hoping that there is a chart we are missing that explains this, but we have not been able to find it. Any help anyone would be willing to share would be great. Thank you all in advance for this…

• Most units are one hit to kill. Tanks are one hit.

It will say in the Rulebook, usually at the back under Units.
    In most games only Battleships need two hits to kill and in some games Carriers do too.
    Which are you playing?

• I’d like to point out that you roll ALL the attackers dice first.

THEN ALL the defenders

Not attacker infantry, then defender infantry, then attacker tank etc

• thank you both…  That makes a bit more sense. We are learning on 1942 second edition.

• @bmmalloch:

thank you both…  That makes a bit more sense. We are learning on 1942 second edition.

Thanks! Keep the question rollin’

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

How are you making out bmmalloch?

We don’t like to lose new members!!!  Perhaps trying an online version of the game will help you learn how it works?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m