How long has this defective game been out & still no definitive Rules changes?

• Go ahead and accept shoddy rules and untested games then.

If your standards are low, more power to you; no game will ever disappoint you.

I just happen to like my games with play-tested rules, which are complete.

How about not enough pieces too?

I guess you have another excuse for that .

Just how many excuses will you make for this game?

I am just expecting good quality for my dollars.

If you accept substandard merchandise that’s your problem not mine.

• '16

Here you are complaining about the game and the fact that there aren’t any official successor rules, yet you refuse to even try the very rules that probably will replace the old ones simply because you deem them “shoddy” and “untested” without even giving it a chance.

What a joke.

• Are you related to the designer?

Keep making excuses for him.

• don’t be so aggressive against the team, they’ve done their best.
    everything works this way now. last month I bought a car, last week i got some windows, the mirrors are coming tomorrow en i thin somewhere next week i’ll get another door. too bad there were only3 doors, so i’ll have to buy another car to have enough doors.

and of course, I drive with potential traffic rules.

• This sounds like the new game thats coming out soon with mannnnnnyyyyyyy Rule issues,  The 2013 Battle of congress!

• Why are you posting if all you’re going to do is cry? You’re certainly not helping the situation!

• Still Waiting.

Just saying.

• Customizer

Still waiting.

For your test report of the proposed tournament rules.

Just saying.

• A rule set that receives too little playtesting and a game that comes with too few parts are two separate issues.

The first is under the control of the game designer while the second is under the control of the game manufacturer.

And having worked with Larry on other A&A games, even the first issue can be seriously affected by the game manufacturer and its deadlines.

Now don’t get me wrong, I am unhappy with the amount on work that seems to be going on after the fact on games like AA1914 (and AA40 for that matter).  But at least there is work going on after the fact.  Larry could have just washed his hands of the situation and moved on.

The best thing to do is actually be a constructive part of the discussion instead of bitching.  Make your displeasure know and then more forward with helping out.  Otherwise people are just going to tune you out.

Larry is stubborn enough as it is.  You pull this act over on his site, in his face, and see what you get.  Won’t be pretty. :-o

• I don’t agree with Shakespeare’s point but I definitely agree that these games are leaving a lot to be desired. Not just from a rules perspective but from a piece perspective. Battle board is tiny. No money and lack of German infantry and chips for both sides. I have played with the new tournament rules however and do love them. If you have the game Shakespeare give them a shot I really like them. I think you will too.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m