• My group plays standard OOB rules (no Russian Revolution) and we have yet to have a game go past 10-12 turns, most of our battles fall in 3 categories (several 2-3 unit per side battles, mostly 10-14 unit per side battles, rarely 40-50 units per side) so we’ve never had any of these 100-200 unit mega battles I’ve read about, and Central Powers have a win ratio of 1:8. Typically our air superiority battles are 2:2 or 2:1. Is this more typical and I’m just reading outliers in the forums or are our games unusually small scale?

P.S. tournament rules have been refused by the group because they “unfairly advantage the Central Powers”

• @nishav said in Game Length:

My group plays standard OOB rules (no Russian Revolution) and we have yet to have a game go past 10-12 turns, most of our battles fall in 3 categories (several 2-3 unit per side battles, mostly 10-14 unit per side battles, rarely 40-50 units per side) so we’ve never had any of these 100-200 unit mega battles I’ve read about, and Central Powers have a win ratio of 1:8. Typically our air superiority battles are 2:2 or 2:1. Is this more typical and I’m just reading outliers in the forums or are our games unusually small scale?

P.S. tournament rules have been refused by the group because they “unfairly advantage the Central Powers”

Well I was going to suggest tournament rules.

Really can’t see how the tournament rules advantages the central powers unless the Entente are bad players. Also interesting they are refusing to play due to an imbalance when OOB the CP have no chance at all.

@DoManMacgee and I did some testing and if the Entente are decent players the CP still need a bid of at least 12 to balance the game with tournament rules.

Maybe try tournament rules again and have your best players use the entente and have no bid.

• @nishav When you say CP have a win ratio of 1:8, do you mean 1 CP win : 8 Entente wins, or the other way around?

If it’s the former (Entente is winning more), you probably could use a CP favored ruleset like the tournament rules (all of the additional rules benefit the CP, but as @Slip-Capone said, I’ve found that the Entente is still better even with the tournament rules. You should give it a try just to balance things out a little.

• @domanmacgee yeah, 1 CP win to 8 Entente wins

• And that one win was when the British were throwing ice cubes and the Turks were on fire so the Ottomans recreated Alexander’s empire.

• @nishav

You def need to give the tournament rules a run. Play for 6 full rounds and then check it who the economic and winner is. If Entente still win, try the CP +12 and play some more.

@DoManMacgee and I can give u idea for bid placement depending on starting strat and where CP are failing you.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m