1942 2nd Edition Oversized/Mega Map assistance required

• I think you are exaggerating this thing to the point of obsessive freakishness.
    Do you think it’s okay that people have fun playing a game, or do you object? ….

There is only 1 border difference. Which is easily taken into account when playing.
    The territory values are the same.

• Don’t feed the trolls

• I am not a troll. I am replying in an honest way.

• There are 11 additional territories i believe in 1942 2nd (from revised and spring42), also some territory borders are changed aswell as some seazones.

This board is also larger than the original spring42 one, and plays much better. Especially when you are using the smaller chips.

• '18 '17 '16

“There is no conflict!” (Darth Vader)

@ freemind: could it be, that you mixed up the 2 editions of AA42? The map, you uploaded is quite identical to AA42 edition 1 - same borders, same values, territory dimensions slightly differing (I took a look on my AA42 1st edition map and compared it to your uploaded map). The map of AA42 edition 2 is totally different in comparison to your uploaded map, as “Does-not-feed-trolls” and imperious leader already mentioned.  :wink:

Finally: montanamans question for support is not yet answered. As far as iknow, there does not exist a map for AA42 2nd edition right now, but perhaps imperious leader could help. Additionally, I remember some other threads, were players asked for a map download.

• Yes we got another thread on whether i should make it. I need two things: a decent scan of the map head on ( not at angle), and 30 or so people who want me to make it. I can’t spend countless hours making a map for 2-3 people. Heck i wouldn’t even be printing it out. I prefer Global. I bought 42 2nd for AA guns nothing more. I bought 41 for pieces, nothing more.

• Now it becomes clear!! I have indeed overlooked the whole ‘2nd’ part, even in the title, and been comparing with the 1942 map.
    Sorry for that.
    I do however not like sentences like ‘nobody plays that anymore’. There aren’t that many players in my country and I’m trying to get some people interested in the game, which is going fine. I’ve been playing the antique game since circa 1989. Then early 2000’s stopped playing. Now I’m trying to pick things up. I like 1914, and I really appreciate my 1942 edition, which is -from a historical point of view- a great improvement as compared to the antique spring1942 setting.

• Color the borders with black marker:

• Dear freemind,

DO you have a larger pincture, or even better a vector image of the map of AAR? I just got a copy and want to create a big map. Thanks.

• To answer my own question, I am using the supreme map of IL now, IPC values are the same and so are the borders, although not necessarily always the shape of the country, but that is irrelevant.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m