• TripleA

USA start with 2 extra armor 2 inf 1 arty. Panama. When the war kicks off they can take south america sooner. That should balance the game out more / get it moving along sooner.

After all the gimps and nerfs to USA’s income and naval, may as well boost em on land to get them fighting sooner.

• Sponsor

@Cow:

USA start with 2 extra armor 2 inf 1 arty. Panama. When the war kicks off they can take south america sooner. That should balance the game out more / get it moving along sooner.

After all the gimps and nerfs to USA’s income and naval, may as well boost em on land to get them fighting sooner.

Not sure that giving the allies more units can be called balancing, when it’s the axis that need a little boost.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Balance Alpha 3:

Give British Fighters over England the ability to defend at 5 or less.  No new units on the board, no increased attacking strength. If the fighters leave England (or are on carriers, or scrambled over fleets, even if scrambled from England!) they don’t defend at 5, they defend at 4.  This only effects BRITISH FIGHTERS if they are ON ENGLAND when attacked.

We’ve done this a few times, it’s enough that Germany’s Sea Lion goes from 98% odds to 72% odds and inflicts a lot more casualties as well, meaning Germany has less chance to push the Russians back out after taking down England (they can still do it, just takes another round usually, and if you don’t think that’s a lot, imagine the increased Russian cash for another round!)

• @Cmdr:

Balance Alpha 3:

Give British Fighters over England the ability to defend at 5 or less.  No new units on the board, no increased attacking strength. If the fighters leave England (or are on carriers, or scrambled over fleets, even if scrambled from England!) they don’t defend at 5, they defend at 4.  This only effects BRITISH FIGHTERS if they are ON ENGLAND when attacked.

We’ve done this a few times, it’s enough that Germany’s Sea Lion goes from 98% odds to 72% odds and inflicts a lot more casualties as well, meaning Germany has less chance to push the Russians back out after taking down England (they can still do it, just takes another round usually, and if you don’t think that’s a lot, imagine the increased Russian cash for another round!)

Not a bad idea at all. I like it!

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

What if the British Fighters on England SCRAMBLE?  Baloon pops

@Gargantua:

What if the British Fighters on England SCRAMBLE?  Baloon pops

You could have read what was written and notice they lost that ability in all battles that did not take place directly over England (the capitol).  So scrambled fighters would lose that ability until going back to England itself.  The rule would literally only effect Sea Lion, and we’re finding it to be quite a small change that has a pretty good impact so far.

We went from 9/11 Sea Lion wins to 2/4 Sea Lion wins (number of wins/number of games).  It’s not as “large” a sample size as 11 games, but it’s much closer to even now.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Aye BUT a battle in a seazone around England, IS a battle over England according to the rules! :D

I like the concept Jen, I’m just giving you a hard time.

@Gargantua:

Aye BUT a battle in a seazone around England, IS a battle over England according to the rules! :D

I like the concept Jen, I’m just giving you a hard time.

Yes I see that.  I specifically excluded it from the rules - and yer the reason I burned one of my manuals to dust!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m