• Sponsor

Looks like me watching “Patton” 5 times has been justified.

• @Gargantua:

I saw it,  it’s ok,  problem is that it’s DATED…

There are some cool parts, but overall it’s depressing.  Downfall wasn’t even as bad!

Thank you! I mean I thought Downfall was great but Das Boot is just plain boring.

Although, I haven watched it since my high school German class (which was alot longer ago then i’d like to think) so maybe I should give it a second chance

• '16 '15 '10

@Clyde85:

@Gargantua:

I saw it,  it’s ok,  problem is that it’s DATED…

There are some cool parts, but overall it’s depressing.  Downfall wasn’t even as bad!

Thank you! I mean I thought Downfall was great but Das Boot is just plain boring.

Although, I haven watched it since my high school German class (which was alot longer ago then i’d like to think) so maybe I should give it a second chance

Das Boot is worth a 2nd viewing for sure.  In a high-school German class, it’s probably pretty easy to get distracted and stop following the subtitles.  Also, some aspects of the film are subtle and it’s easier to identify with the protagonists with the benefit of maturity and knowledge of history.  The dubbed version is pretty horrific–try to find the German with subtitles.

I’m also a big fan of Downfall but Das Boot deserves huge kudos for being ahead of its time and such an awesome sub movie.

• Saints and Soldiers or A bridge to far

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m