Another bold concept for AARHE

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

How does a defender convert to infantry and go BACK onto a transport???

• OK…

you invade with 3 tanks, 2 art, and 5 infantry. In the battle you lost 4 infantry and you now know its all lost. You decide to retreat.

the one infantry re-embarks transports and the 5 other armor units are converted (exchanged with infantry) representing the army throwing down all its weapons and running away . This was the case at Dunkirk and Dieppe

• @Imperious:

Counterair

One cycle pure air attack is already in AARHE. Modelling both Battle of Britain and London Blitz.

The only thing is “can only relocate or reinforce with excess units” applies to land unit but not air units. Air units are highly mobile. (I mean we let air units relocate 1 space and fight immediately.)

@Jennifer:

In the same vein, perhaps defender should have the option to retreat a portion of their naval assets?

Yep we are making a reinforcement rule. (its not in the latest uploaded draft yet)
    land units can move 1 space, fight from 2nd cycle
    air units can move 2 spaces, fight from 1st or 2nd cycle (1 or 2 spaces away)

Haven’t included naval units yet. There are some implications for Pacific war and Altantic war.

[[quote author=Imperious Leader link=topic=8925.msg168224#msg168224 date=1171930019]
    This is allowed under AARHE defender can declare retreats w/o penalty. The only time a penaly is served is under invasions, where defender converts any unit landing to infantry and re-embarks on tranny.

Well. Each excess attacking ARM capture a retreating INF on a roll of 1" for defender retreats.

This should apply to amphibious retreat too if we have amphibious retreat.

*should converted infantry subject to “excess ARM capturing INF”
    *defender amphibious retreat? convert ARM/ART to INF too?

Theres some things to think about. We can’t switch on amphibious retreat too quickly.

• Well. Each excess attacking ARM capture a retreating INF on a roll of 1" for defender retreats.

This should apply to amphibious retreat too if we have amphibious retreat.

*should converted infantry subject to “excess ARM capturing INF”
    *defender amphibious retreat? convert ARM/ART to INF too?

Theres some things to think about. We can’t switch on amphibious retreat too quickly.

Yes right. I didnt explain all the exceptions.

“defender amphibious retreat? convert ARM/ART to INF too?” yes that should be in the rules. full conversion to represent you are leaving all equipment on the beach and jumping on the ships just to save lifes.

"should converted infantry subject to “excess ARM capturing INF?”  I think this would still be possible but BEFORE they are converted.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Ah, thought you were saying the DEFENDER could reatreat infantry onto transports and I was going like “huh???”

• no! :-D

• OK i noticed that the optional unit mix is missing the armored infantry ( mech infantry) unit

i propose its at 2/2 and moves 2 spaces and can blitz like tanks

it would cost 4

I would allow its causaulty allocation to be considered an armor hit. Thus if a enemy tanks hit the loss can now be taken against artillery, mech infantry, or armor.

I would also propose it can help boost the movement of one infantry  or artillery  to two spaces at 1/1 basis. (It would have to be one or the other not both)

otherwise if this is not good then possibly it attacks at 3 on the first round only and 2 all other rounds

ideas?

• actually it is in already
    remember I said its already on your battleboard

it was

cost 4, move 2, attack 2, defense 2
    may blitz when matched with tanks 1-to-1

I’ll add the armor hit thing

I don’t know about the boost movement of infantry/artillery/etc
    its a national advantage somewhere I think

• Well, you’re both right about the MECH piece…

Tekkyy, you forgot to put in in the list of abbreviations on page 3, while all other optional units are there… But you did add it to the optional unit table on page 24…

Add it also to the list on page 3, for clearness.

• yep

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m