• tech/neutral player aid

tidier if you put all data tables on the buttom
    at the moment its (=: data tables +:tech progress |:neutral position)
    ====||
    ++==||
    ++==||
    ++++||
    ++++||

of course you have to recopy the data tables from the latest rule file again
    but I think you know already  :wink:

(*technology data table -> all the “with” has changed to “at”, so its the same through the table
    *neutral starting position data table -> “neutral is fully committed” changed to “Fully committed”, looks better, cos a bunch of “neutral” words in the middle +2 to -2
    *dice rolls bonus wording changed)

• Ok i have finished the file with the icons. Im posting how it looks before i add it to the phase two map. Right now youll see what it would look like under phase three map.

• ok here it is. enjoy. BTW i found a mistake Japan sea zone is supposed to be 60 and its labeled as 50. ill fix it. arrg. i hate when that happens.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Revised_axis_and_allies_with_italy_and_setup_icons.ai

• '19 Moderator

@Imperious:

ok here it is. enjoy. BTW i found a mistake Japan sea zone is supposed to be 60 and its labeled as 50. ill fix it. arrg. i hate when that happens.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=Revised_axis_and_allies_with_italy_and_setup_icons.ai

I meant to tell you about that, we discovered it durring a game last weekend.

• '19 Moderator

I love it IL, the starting icons is a big help.Your a master map-maker and I will be enjoying these.

• thanks. ill have to add them to the phase two map as well.

the key thing was to find the proper icons. I didnt want to have to make my own.

thanks to Tim  Lee at AH forums.

• pretty good
    setup time should be markedly reduced

• when I try to open the battle boards in photoshop or illustrator
    it says fonts missing
    can you change to some very standard fonts thnx
    also the icons for optional units are not obvious, so maybe include unit names
    (or maybe you have already…just the missing fonts not letting me see them)

and for the maps
    can you put “income numbers” with the layer where VCs are
    I can see them in photoshop and illustrator
    but when I convert them to pdf or jpeg I can’t see any income numbers
    when I open them in acrobat reader I also can’t see any income numbers

• when I try to open the battle boards in photoshop or illustrator
    it says fonts missing
    can you change to some very standard fonts thnx
    also the icons for optional units are not obvious, so maybe include unit names
    (or maybe you have already…just the missing fonts not letting me see them)

++++++ i will jpeg those smaller files so they can be seen clearly.

and for the maps
    can you put “income numbers” with the layer where VCs are
    I can see them in photoshop and illustrator
    but when I convert them to pdf or jpeg I can’t see any income numbers
    when I open them in acrobat reader I also can’t see any income numbers

====You cant PDF a memory intensive Illustrator file w/o memory loss. You have to Jpeg it first before you PDF. I guess ill Jpeg the battleboards.

• @Imperious:

++++++ i will jpeg those smaller files so they can be seen clearly.

but while you are at it can’t you also use the fonts you used with the maps?
    those fonts seems to be standard

====You cant PDF a memory intensive Illustrator file w/o memory loss. You have to Jpeg it first before you PDF. I guess ill Jpeg the battleboards.

actually the income number are also missing when I just convert to jpg (hence I am thinking its on a layer being ignored, but I am no clue)
    I’ll try again anyway with both illustrator and photoshop
    actually I think illustrator didn’t let me convert to jpg, only photoshop did

• but while you are at it can’t you also use the fonts you used with the maps?

++++++ The map file used different fonts for numbers and text. In some cases the text is different (e.g. the name AARHE printed in the souther indian ocean is different).

actually the income number are also missing when I just convert to jpg (hence I am thinking its on a layer being ignored, but I am no clue)
    I’ll try again anyway with both illustrator and photoshop
    actually I think illustrator didn’t let me convert to jpg, only photoshop did

++++ working on it…

• @Imperious:

but while you are at it can’t you also use the fonts you used with the maps?
    ++++++ The map file used different fonts for numbers and text. In some cases the text is different (e.g. the name AARHE printed in the souther indian ocean is different).

well I guess its not as essential as the map files
    its also ok to just release jpgs for player aids since we won’t be enlarging them for printing

battleboard jpegs
    I’ve received them
    I can see the unit names now

you probably know already
    at the moment naval combat battleboard has small difference to the other two battleboards
    *unit are white instead of black with white outline
    *“naval combat battleboard” is light blue rather than the usual colour

• for various reasons i have to use white for naval. It looks good anyway.

The jpeg got around the issues you people were having.

the player aid is 8.5x11 inches so its big enough.

• I think you did a great job on those boards!  But… the land combat board is missing the Dive Bomber, which is especially noteable on defense because the DIV is at 3, 2, in ground combat instead of the FIG 3, 4. You did put it on the Air combat board.

• ill fix it.

• but you’ll change the words “naval combat battleboard” from blue to red right?

I just hope all the AARHE graphics conform to some sort of style and colour scheme

so it all looks very professional  :mrgreen:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

How do you use it?  Just download, open program and open the file?

• Jennifer those are old files your looking at the new ones are MUCH better. Email me and ill send it. When the ruleset is done ill bug djensen to repost everything one last time.

What we are talking about is 3 different battleboards 1) land combat, 2) Naval combat, 3) aerial combat (dogfight) battleboard, plus a new player aid that has all the techs and neutrals, and another one for victory citys, a third map and forth map that will be phase 2 and 3 maps except it will contain pictures of all the units so you can easily set up the pieces.

I work day and night incrementally on this until its done. and it will be.

Hey BTW we need more NA’s for germany, Japan, UK, Italy… post some if you can.

• Yeah some of the files were

“saved withot PDF content. To place or open this file in other applications, it should be re-saved from Adobe Illustrator with the “Create PDF Compatible File” option turned on. This option is in the Illustrator Native Format Options dialog box, which appears when saving an Adboe Illustratof ile using the Save As command.”

Can you fix that Imperious?

• I allways have this turned on.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m