Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures

• Hi, I’m a new italian member.
    I’d like very much this game and I ask you if there are a complete list of stats cards with all characteristics.

thank you

• Hmmm, “dont fear destroyers they are pathetic, subs really only fear other subs and planes.”  Now I am going to have to get the game and rules just to determine why this is the case.  I figure if I do not like the rules, I can always use the miniatures for some of my other naval game rule sets.

• @timerover51:

Hmmm, “dont fear destroyers they are pathetic, subs really only fear other subs and planes.”  Now I am going to have to get the game and rules just to determine why this is the case.  I figure if I do not like the rules, I can always use the miniatures for some of my other naval game rule sets.

The destroyers are really fragile when put up against BB or aircraft in this game. Subs only have to fear ships with ASW weapons which are the Destroyers and aircraft mostly. Several of the subs have abilities that allow them to attack other subs. My experience with the game is that it is pretty balanced. I haven’t played any other Naval minis games though to be able to speak to how it compares. All in all a light fun game and it has the Enterprise! :-)

You are probably aware already but the rules can be downloaded at this link:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/aam/waratsea

Someone else asked about Stats for the units but to the best of my knowledge there isn’t a database for what is on each unit’s stats card. I suppose if you search on the AH boards you might find someone with a link to a database but AH does not have one set up.

I suppose this is a bit tardy but I don’t look at this board often on the forum.

• The subs are way overpowered in this game, with their surface speed being used  for their  underwater speed.  If I start playing, I suspect that one house rule will be either no submarines, or a sub must stay in the square it starts in, if it moves, it is on the surface and fair game for every ship within range.  I have War at Sea, and I am building a data file that eventually I will post online.

• Is it possible to capture the Objective with the submarines?

• In the rules, subs can not hold sea objectives.  In many home grown rules subs have objectives that count as victory conditions.

the 2 games are completly seperate from each other and I can see no way of combining the 2

@colringbk:

Is it possible to capture the Objective with the submarines?

NO

Have you heard of the site:

http://aaminis.myfastforum.org/

@timerover51:

Hmmm, “dont fear destroyers they are pathetic, subs really only fear other subs and planes.”  Now I am going to have to get the game and rules just to determine why this is the case.  I figure if I do not like the rules, I can always use the miniatures for some of my other naval game rule sets.

Destroyers are Not Pathetic. When the game first came out, yes I would completly agree with you. But since set II, the revised some of the rules.  DD are a very powerful ASW unit and make great Objective rushers

• Today I was specially registered at a forum to participate in discussion of this question.

• @Deaths:

@timerover51:

Destroyers are Not Pathetic. When the game first came out, yes I would completly agree with you. But since set II, the revised some of the rules.  DD are a very powerful ASW unit and make great Objective rushers

Not to mention in mass with their torpedoes they can bring down BB’s

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m