Redleg13A starts to paint his own pieces

• @Spitfire38:

For me, making straight lines is a combination of a steady hand/firm posture

I’m thinking of the line from the movie Blazing Saddles in which Jim explains why he’s all washed up as a gunfighter:

Jim: Look at my hand.

[raises hand and holds it level]

Bart: Steady as a rock.

Jim: [raises his other hand, which is violently trembling] Yeah, but I shoot with this one.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@CWO:

@Spitfire38:

For me, making straight lines is a combination of a steady hand/firm posture

I’m thinking of the line from the movie Blazing Saddles in which Jim explains why he’s all washed up as a gunfighter:

Jim: Look at my hand.

[raises hand and holds it level]

Bart: Steady as a rock.

Jim: [raises his other hand, which is violently trembling] Yeah, but I shoot with this one.

LOL, that is funny!  :-D

• Customizer

@Redleg13A:

Knocked these out last night…Starting to build some momentum! A question for you more experienced guys…how to you make super straight lines or perfect seams for things like the base flags or national identifiers on things like aircraft wings?

––If you’re asking about national ensigns, alphabets, numbers, or stripes…
    NOTHING is as sharp, crisp, and STRAIGHT as a DECAL.
    ––I can heartily refer you to I-94 ENTERPRISES for there line of WW2 decals. If you go to their “SCANS” page of their website you can see actual scans of the decal sheet and what is included on each different sheet. I highly recommend this company. Let me know if you need a “link” to them.

Tall Paul

• Redleg13,  really like you color scheme on that Italian P.108 bomber and your AAA guns! well done

• @Tall:

@Redleg13A:

Knocked these out last night…Starting to build some momentum! A question for you more experienced guys…how to you make super straight lines or perfect seams for things like the base flags or national identifiers on things like aircraft wings?

––If you’re asking about national ensigns, alphabets, numbers, or stripes…
    NOTHING is as sharp, crisp, and STRAIGHT as a DECAL.
    ––I can heartily refer you to I-94 ENTERPRISES for there line of WW2 decals. If you go to their “SCANS” page of their website you can see actual scans of the decal sheet and what is included on each different sheet. I highly recommend this company. Let me know if you need a “link” to them.

Tall Paul

Thanks for the advice, go ahead and shoot me that link. I have a feeling that decals might be the way to go for me.

I’ve lost momentum over the past couple of days, I had to go out of town the past couple of days and then while I was out of town I got a massive boil in a VERY inconvenient area that brought me to my knees…DAMMIT! I’ve got less than 2 weeks to really hit this up before I have to leave for 6 weeks to Ft Knox…AAAARGGGH! Patience isn’t one of my virtues lol.

• Here’s everything I’ve gotten done so far.

And a closer look at the AA guns for Spitfire. (that’s my daughter creepin in the pic).

total.jpg
    close up.jpg

• Since one of my kids managed to make it into a pic I suppose it’s only fair they both do…The top one is my daughter and the bottom one is my son.

evy.jpg
    andy.jpg

• Customizer

Redleg13A,

––Cute kids BTW.
    ----Here’s the link to I-94 Enterprises decals.

http://www.i-94enterprises.com/

just go to the products pages, and then the decals. These are EXCELLENT products!

Tall Paul

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Redleg13A:

Since one of my kids managed to make it into a pic I suppose it’s only fair they both do…The top one is my daughter and the bottom one is my son.

That is funny. Really cute kids, you have there. :-)

• @John:

That is funny. Really cute kids, you have there.

I concur.  And I bet they think it’s neat that “Daddy plays with toys” that are even smaller than their own toys.

• '14 '13

Looking good, Redleg13A. Keep up the great work.

• Customizer

Redleg,

First, you have a beautiful family. Second, Your paint jobs look great. I have to really give applause to your freehand markings. It’s true decals are cleaner and sharper but I my self have used none on anything I’ve painted and I’m developing a way to layer and paint my own markings (It’s been holding up my project severely) I simply can’t afford to buy sheets of decals that I might only use a handful of.

One tip That I’ve adopted, is to use ultra-fine Sharpie permanent markers for small lines and details where a brush won’t do or may slop (canopy frames). Lastly I’ve learned from table-top gamers of much larger scale (Warhammer, Bolt Action) models that at the scale Axis & Allies models are you can “mass paint” with fewer details on many units to create large armies, fleets and air forces that will look phenomenal from eye level to table top . Anyway us A&A painters have our work cut out for ourselves. I salute you sir.

Anyway, keep on painting, Nice work.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m