Alternate Setups: Classic, AAE, AAP, D-Day, AAA, Bulge, 42.2, Global, WWI 1914

• '17 '16 '15

Did some fine tuning. All the tech units are now limited. Russian adv mech will allow you to buy 8 instead of 2. Instead of limiting paratroopers I limited the number of bombers that carry them. They have the same abilities as regular bombers. Remember you have to have the right techs turned on for them to work.

Italy still starts neutral but you’ll have to edit her to war. She also collects the med bonus when not at war which she shouldn’t.

Russia has to manually roll the eastern poland battle. She’ll have to edit control also as well as for baltic states, vyborg and bessarabia.

New saved game coming.

• '17 '16 '15

End game report

Was a little anti-climatic ending. Germany made a strong frontal attack on Bryansk with a flanking blitz out of leningrad.
    It was highly successful. However in true Teuton arrogance didn’t honor the threat to the homeland. A US task force managed to take Denmark allowing a British invasion of Berlin.
    Not only did she not defend Denmark sufficiently, she failed to concentrate her forces when she scrambled from W Germany.
    While Italian air and mech forces were able to retrieve the situation, the Axis never wielded the initiative again.

Japan was doing pretty well north of Mongolia with a strong force in Yenisey She was still trading for the islands but had never been able to mount a serious India attack.
    Decisive battle between the fleets still hadn’t happened.

Long range allied air was making a difference, especially US paratroopers.

Had a blast playing but deviated from your setup by forgetting to activate shipyards. I’ve started a new game since and needless to say it’s made a difference.
    I added a few extra guys to China but left everything else the same. So far it’s been pretty similar strategically except no sino-soviet  conflict in Amur until rd 10.
    Allies have the edge at the end of rd 11. Axis aren’t done yet but need a couple big victories to change momentum.

We’ll see how this one plays out, but I think I’ll try a earlier Japan attack and focus on India next game. A KGF looks like it could be devastating so I think I’ll try that too.
    Having Fun Midnight! Let me know how you and your buddy are making out. :)P

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Midnight

Got '39 dialed in some more. You don’t need a saved game anymore. The objectives tab works now. Also all of the NO’s are working correctly. You still have to edit Italy to war and you’ll have to edit the early Russian battles as well.
    I didn’t give anyone their starting techs, except paratroopers, to allow for more flexibility. So those need to be edited. The other techs will show up when they’re supposed to. Russian advanced mech are now limited correctly.

Added two new game xmls. One gives all of the valueless pacific islands a buck when Japan is at war with any of the Western Allies. The other tweaks the bomber units. It’s now A3 +1 A when paired with a fighter 1:1. TACs are A4 give +1 D to tanks when paired 1:1.

Updated the game notes explaining the rules and added a link to this thread for any feedback. I also changed the makeup of some of the True Neutral Armies for “looks”. :)
    I’m gonna post this on a different site or two so maybe it’ll get some more exposure.

Everything is in the attached zip file. Open triplea, open maps, put the objectives there. The units and games folders are both here. Put the XMLs in games and the units add accordingly. Put the UK units in all three UK folders.

Oh yea been busy but my last game I went India crush and they … well crushed. :)  Wasn’t a game breaker though as Russia is quite strong in this game.

P

1939.zip

• '17 '16 '15

Right on Midnight!

Glad you’re staying busy. Sounds like some interesting stuff you’re working on. :) Saw some interest in "39, hope to hear some feedback.

P

• Is there a link to boardgamegeek where these files are now located?!?!
    Thanks!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m