• Customizer

Something like this?

Not entirely sure how it would work; Control of Kiel allows ships to go through the canal; the northern passage would require controlling Denmark, but can you have ships and land units in the same tt?

KielCanal.PNG

• Or just make that coloured in territory its own separate sea zone. Why have a territory with naval and land. Doesn’t make sense

• Customizer

To some extent it could be argued that Egypt is a combined land/sea zone. Couldn’t Denmark be the same?

• Customizer

Little update with Turksih SZ extended to protect Smyrna coastline.

Tweaky2.PNG

• Thank you Flashman!

Since St. Petersburg is the Capital City, did you ever thought of cutting Livonia and Prussia into 4 tts (Lithuania - Riga / East Prussia - Westprussia (Danzig) )

This would allow to simulate the early war with an Russian Invasion of East Prussia. Furthermore this would make it a little bit harder for Germany to reach St. Petersburg.

P.S. Finally Bavaria looks like it should - thanks for that also :-)

• Customizer

This version had Pomerania and Prussia:

Axis&Allies1914FlashMap.PNG

• Customizer

Updated; these changes are more cosmetic, but I think still valid for considertion.

Changes to Austria and Arabia

Names of tts rationalized

Tyrol is just too small on this scale - its gone.

Axis&Allies1914Tweaked.PNG

• What’s the point of breaking up Spain in your map?  Are they a separate power?

• Customizer

No, but its about the same size as France, so it looks silly as one big tt, especially with multiple coastlines. I’d also give (non-aligned neutral) Spain a fleet in SZ 14, just in case anyone would like to add ships to the enemy sea power.

In any case, that was the wrong map; this is the latest.

Axis&Allies1914FullMapLarryTweaked.PNG

• Flash, maybe there is a chance for Tirol if you move the Vienna tt a little bit eastwards?

My wishes for correcting the official map were these:

1. Splitting up Prussia into Pommerania (2IPCs) and (East)Prussia (3 IPCs) with the historical bordes to Livonia, also correcting SZ 11 from South Sweden to Memel, Berlin gets therefore only 6 IPCs, tts of Munich and Kiel should be also enlarged to their correct size .

2. Splitting up Livonia into Livonia(Lithuania) (2IPcs) and Tallinn(Riga) (2IPCs) while reducing Poland -1IPC and Sevastopol -1IPC. Tallinn(Riga) should be the step for the Germans between Livonia(Lithuania) and the Victory City St. Petersburg.

3. Splitting up Karelia into Karelia (2IPCs) and St.Petersburg (Capital) (4IPCs), while reducing Moscow -3IPcs and Ukraine -1IPC.

4. Making Portugal (and Greece) aligned to Britain. Serbia and Belgium worth 3 IPC, Romania and Bulgaria worth 4 IPCs and Switzerland pleeze impassable.

5. Washington has to be worth 40 IPCs. USW Zones in 3,4,7,8,9,15

(maybe divide mesopotamia into bagdad and armenia and change burgundy into champagne…)

6)Finally a turntracker for half years instead of the useless IPC–tracker:

1 Aug-Dec 1914
    2 Jan-Jun 1915 Italy Flag (War Entry)
    3 Jul-Dec 1915
    4 Jan-Jun 1916 Tanks symbol
    5 Jul-Dec 1916
    6 Jan-Jun 1917 US Flag (War Entry)
    7 Jul-Dec 1917 Sovjet Flag (Symbol for checking the Russian Rev.)
    8 Jan-Jun 1918
    9 Jul-Dec 1918
    10 Jan-Jun 1919
    11 Jul-Dec 1919
    12 Jan-Jun 1920

If this wishes come true someday with an xxl printing, I would die as a happy man  :-)

• Customizer

New version for Chacmool:

Chacmap2.PNG
    Chacmap1.PNG

• Thanks Flash this is my modified version

I have changed some things…

(using wooden markers as sea mines for example, only one Askari Mobilization zone for every major Power)

I am still not sure about deleted Lorraine looks very hard for France since GE can produce units in Munich

Africa is too large on this map

My House Rule for Mexico is:

At the beginning of R6 ( US war entry), Germany and Britain throw a dice. If Britain has a lower or equal result, the Zimmarman telegramm will be catched by the royal secret service and Wilson will be informed. Mexico will do nothing.

If Germany has a lower result. Mexico is activated (5 Inf 1 Art) and attacks Texas (2 Inf) on Germanys turn.

I have another idea for the gameplay:

Mandatory Attacks (National Objectivs) in the first Round
    Austria -> Serbia
    Russia -> Preussen
    Germany -> Belgium
    France -> Elsass
    Italy (R2!!) -> Triest

After R1 there is a drawing for the turn order before every Round. (National Markers will be placed in the right corner at the turn order tracker)
    This makes the game much more unpredictable!

Axis&Allies1914map.jpg

• Customizer

You have a point regarding Munich-Paris; perhaps restoring Lorraine or removing the Munich production centre would be best, but remember this is not based on my latest map!

French mandatory attack on Alsace could be a problem as it is preceeded by the German turn; perhaps make it mandatory for France to EITHER attack at least one German army on French or Belgian homeland soil OR, if there are none, Alsace.

I assume the mandatory Italian Trieste attack is void if Austria has already moved troops into Venice.

UK could be given a MA on Mesopotamia, depending on if you treat Turkey as at war from the start.

The random turn order idea can be unbalancing in area control games (tried this is Britannia a few times); an alliance could get 6 successive turns!

Perhaps:

Draw the first power randomly; any power attacked by it has the option of playing next; if there are several they must choose between themselves who gets the immediate counter-attack.

• I want to keep Munich as production centre with the one-zone-land unit movement,
    so i think Lorraine has to be restored.

Its hard to print because the map is not as high definition like IL�s. Could you send me
    a file of the map per mail? I want to play this map soo badly…

• Customizer

Sorry, but I only do maps in simple Paint bitmaps.

That’s as high a resolution as I go, but you’re welcome to use the maps as a template for something sharper.

• I am working on this map now. Seize of Africa is smaller and much more like the original map.

Will take some days but I hope I finish it before August 1…

Flashman could you please help me with Flags, IPC-Numbers, USW-Signs, tt-scripture?

1914lpha.png

• Customizer

No Hejaz?

Had to change colours for my own palette.

Did you want Petrograd as joint capital?

I still prefer Rome reaching the Adriatic - its too small as it is.

1914Alpha1.PNG

• Looks Nice!

How would Hejaz and the rest of Trans Jordan look like !?

What do you think about the Sea Zones in the med?
    I am not sure about AHs possible easy invasion of South Italy now…

How much IPCs should Texas get? I was thinking about 5 IPC as it also represents some other states in the South of US that Mexico wanted to get back.

Could you please keep the old tt-names if possible? (Italians never fought in Upper Austria but in Tyrol, also I am familiar with the old names now even if theyre not correct, they will always remind me on LH when I play)

St. Petersburg (1914) as a joint capital please…

Do you have the flags of the minor powers also?

Since I am printing it on XXL Rome will be big enough for me

What do you think about tt of Montenegro? (guess I know because its even smaller than Rome)
    But maybe we could just add 1 IPC in that tt, same colour as Serbia, if Serbia survives R1 they get one Inf and Art R2 as Montenegrian Reinforcements.

Will make a wishlist for the IPCs…

• Customizer

Update.

I still like Victory Cities in this game to provide short game victory conditions.

What do you think of Denmark as a combined land/sea area, blocking movement from SZ10 to 11, and the Kiel canal added?

1914Alpha2.PNG

• Great job on the maps! I’d like to point out one thing. New Delhi is included as a city in India, but it wasn’t made capital until after WW1.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m