FMGC 2013 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• What about Flames of War? Anyone into playign Flames of War at this? I can bring “Open Fire” (the starter set). Dying to play buthaven’t had a chance yet.

• @elrojo33:

What about Flames of War? Anyone into playign Flames of War at this? I can bring “Open Fire” (the starter set). Dying to play buthaven’t had a chance yet.

We have not yet had a FoW setup at the con (though there was a local store owner who was supposed to bring one last year and never did), but I’m sure someone would be willing to give it a try with you!

• I’ll bring it along just in case. It intrigues me, I’ll be brushed up on it by the time the convention rolls around  :wink: (and yes there were 2 puns in that sentence)

• It wont be to much longer before its here

• @suprise:

It wont be to much longer before its here

Yep yep!  Get registered people!  Remember the prizes from last year?  There are even MORE this year!  With even more games planned alongside all the pickup games.

Plus, let’s not forget there will not only be the tank demo but tank RIDES available!

• More sponsors have jumped on the bandwagon!

Warlord Games (www.warlordgames.com) has sent us a box set of their “Bolt Action Miniatures : Assault on Normandy” game.  A complete WW2 miniatures game in a box!  As we already have WW2 miniatures games that will be set up ready to play (including the Bolt Action miniatures rules) this is likely to be given away as a prize … how still to be determined.

Steve Jackson Games (repeat sponsor!) has sent some great stuff for the games library.

Fantasy Flight Games (repeat sponsor!) has sent along some more as well!

Check out www.fmgcon.com for a list of what games will be available for public use in the FMGCon Games Library and to start or sign up for a game ahead of time!

Remember, space is limited to the first 100 registrants!  I know it’s still a few months away but we’ll keep reminding people.  ;)

• Is this going to be a great vacation or what!!!
    TWO Global games one will be Oztea’s 1941 set up and the other 2nd edition
    Some one is going to take over the world, it could be you… but you cant win if you don’t play.
    U.S.O. music
    Civil Air Defense “Air Raid siren” going off!!
    TANK RIDES!!!.. yea pull me behind on a sled
    Celebrities like
    Young Grass Hopper
    Axis Playa
    Most Holy
    Well just look at last years list

• '10

@Craig:

@FieldMarshalGames:

@Craig:

We’re hoping to snag a ‘celebrity’ guest attendee or two…

Wait a second?!?!?!?! :-o :-o :-o

I don’t rate as at least a “B”-lister in the A&A community? :cry:

You are an “A” in my books….  the biggest AAA “celebrity” that I have ever defeated in Battle  8-)

Jeremy

You beat whom???  I don’t remember any such thing!!!

Actually, all I really remember about that game of AA50 was the young guy who was playing Italy kept leaving and coming back.  I remember more about the multiple Acquire games and the Agricola game that we played.  Also, I think we played Cosmic Encounter.

Must have been the Sleeman’s!!!

:-D  Very historical game…  The Germans always complaining about the Italians…

• Sponsor

So who here is coming for sure? I know Suprise Attack is 100% and staying at my place for the weekend, what about Vance, Joel, and Bernard?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Well in lieu of the financial predicament I am working through ($10,000 from start to finish) I am not yet sure if FMG will be viable for me this year or not.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31271.0

However, as I have received overwhelming support from this community… if coming out there is possible, I will.

• '10

@Gargantua:

Well in lieu of the financial predicament I am working through ($10,000 from start to finish) I am not yet sure if FMG will be viable for me this year or not.

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=31271.0

However, as I have received overwhelming support from this community… if coming out there is possible, I will.

We would 1000% understand.  However your presence on the Battlefield will be missed.

Jeremy

• Customizer

I’ll be there. Ray’s been looking forward to it and we’re hoping to bring Mugzy up as well so the whole Dicetruction crew should be present.

• @Most:

I’ll be there. Ray’s been looking forward to it and we’re hoping to bring Mugzy up as well so the whole Dicetruction crew should be present.

Awesome!  The more the merrier, obviously!  :)

• Lets all rally around this event!!!
    The clock is ticking closer and closer….I cant wait!
    Send out P.M.'s to every one that attended last year
    S.A.

• '10

@suprise:

Lets all rally around this event!!!
    The clock is ticking closer and closer….I cant wait!
    Send out P.M.'s to every one that attended last year
    S.A.

Once again there will be real TANKS at this event.  Not gate guards but actual moving vehicles to keep it interesting.  In addition I have been informed by the 420 Wing that there will be a Battle of Britain ceremony on site for Sunday with Band and March Past.

All very cool…

Play War games while you enjoy the History alive around you!

• Rio Grande Games has donated games for the library for the 3rd year in a row!  Our thanks to Rio Grande!

Donated this year :

Spin Monkeys
    Those Pesky Garden Gnomes
    Cinque Terre

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

Remember, space is limited to the first 100 registrants!  I know it’s still a few months away but we’ll keep reminding people.  ;)

Yeek.  You will cram 100 people into that tiny little hall shown in the gallery???  Or has the venue changed from what was shown for last year?

• '12

Strong possibility myself and two Toronto pals I haven’t played with in ages will be there. Just need to work out the details. Excelsior!

Yrs.,
    R.

• I think there is room for everybody, and theres another room too. I don’t know if its off limits to us.
    Only about 5 more weeks!!!

• Sponsor

Even though the cap is 100 and we may get there… It’s a weekend event, so realistically… there won’t be that many in the hall at one time.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m