FMGC 2013 - Gaming Convention - GTA CANADA

• '12

I wonder if that was me?  I did get my paypal confirmation.  Yeehaw!  But it seems it is not a registration for the site itself which I have not had time to fully investigate.

• @MrMalachiCrunch:

I wonder if that was me?  I did get my paypal confirmation.  Yeehaw!  But it seems it is not a registration for the site itself which I have not had time to fully investigate.

Correct.  Paying your event registration does not register you as a user on the site, it just sends the FMGCon committee a payment and an email with what you paid for (and your name for the badges)

Go to the Discussion Forums, click on the link in the “these forums require registration” statement and enter a user name and email address.  The forum will send you a password to verify.  Then you should be in.

• '12

Ah yes, I see that page now.

Just a suggestion.  On the fmgcon.com/ main page, it would be helpful if there was a obvious specific link that was for the site registration and another obvious link for the event registration.

Perhaps my confusion was a result of my bit of brain injury I got a few years back.  Before that when writing software and user interfaces I would have beta testers use it and ensured they had zero experience with the user interface or software operations before hand.  As a developer you live the creation, what seems obvious to you is not so obvious to a complete newbie to the project.

I was looking for registration first, then and only then did it seem obvious to me to click the convention discussions link……as to discuss you have to register to the site!  Yeah, maybe me being a bit too linear in thinking!  I registered for the event but got no ‘user name’ in that process so was a bit perplexed.

• '12

Jeremy, if you were considering a different web hosting company I would suggest you look at:

http://www.actioncorporation.com/

or as I now see they are:

http://www.reactioninternet.com/

I grew up with the owner, we both got into software writing at 14 in the early 80s.  Price is one metric, performance and offerings are another.  Paul is among  the most intelligent people I have met and one heck of a drummer!

• You can only register once with any particular email address … trying multiple times will not help!

We’ve never had issues with forum registration confirmations using this software before (it’s on the same host and running the same software as iwillnevergrowup.com) so it perplexes me why there would be an issue.  Heck, I even ran two test users last night to make sure it was working and everything went through without a hitch.

PM’d you Malachi … let me know if that worked.

As for having 2 seperate “registrations” … one is just paying for your spot at the con.  Obviously no user information is provided when all you are doing is going to paypal and paying!  There’s currently no method (without extra expense, which the con cannot afford at this time) to have both done at the same time within our current set of limitations.

• '12

I suspect the issue is with the sympatico.ca domain I was using.  Would be interesting if anyone out there had a @sympatico.ca domain email out there to try and register.

• Paid for and registered, even made a post at the other site… 2 games of Global one 1941, and 1940
    Any chance of a rematch? Team Gargantua vs Team Grasshopper.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Rematch?

More like Remassacre.

You know I’m in!

• '10

And so do i !

• TripleA

i’m looking forward to going this year. this will be my first time attending, i hope some of the guys that attended in previous years can answer a few questions.

should i bring my axis and allies games, or will there be plenty on hand?
    do we need to sign up for games or just show up and hope someone wants to start at the same time as you?

• should i bring my axis and allies games, or will there be plenty on hand?

There should be plenty on hand (most people bring games and we have a games library for people to pick from as well) but if you want to bring one or two games just in case, there’s no reason not to (unless you don’t have room for them).  Typically there are several games set up already to go.

• do we need to sign up for games or just show up and hope someone wants to start at the same time as you?

With very few exceptions (Midnight Munchkin Madness for example) you can just get a game going and there are no actual sign ups.  Check out www.fmgcon.com and go to the discussion forums there to find games that people ARE looking for people to “sign up” for (no hard commitment required, it’s just that some people would like to, hopefully, guarantee at least one shot at a particular game and there are a few signups set up there already).

• '10

If you plan to attend please register soon.  The costs on the venue etc are mounting and we have only three regiatrations  :?

Thanks

Jeremy

• Sponsor

@FieldMarshalGames:

If you plan to attend please register soon.  The costs on the venue etc are mounting and we have only three regiatrations  :?

Thanks

Jeremy

I’m sure Gargantua is one of them… NO?  WTF MAN!

• I tried to register this morning and I kept getting this screen when trying to sign up.

Error Detected
    Error Message

Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.
    Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.

Please advise.

• @Craig:

I tried to register this morning and I kept getting this screen when trying to sign up.

Error Detected
    Error Message

Please advise.

The only way I have been able to replicate this while trying to register for the event (ie : pay for admission) is to NOT fill out the “Name on Gamer Pass” field.

You have to fill out that field or you get this error.

• Post a list of who’s registered,  if you would be so kind as to.
    Tanks
    S.A.

• '12

I was the first!  S.A. I believe you were the second by a short amount of time?

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

@Craig:

I tried to register this morning and I kept getting this screen when trying to sign up.

Error Detected
    Error Message

Please advise.

The only way I have been able to replicate this while trying to register for the event (ie : pay for admission) is to NOT fill out the “Name on Gamer Pass” field.

You have to fill out that field or you get this error.

I did fill it out.

I will try again though.

• I tried again with a variety of name variants and it still gave me an error message every time I hit the buy now button.

I don’t know what to say.  Is there another way to pay?

• PM Sent Craig

However, I’ve fixed the registration page.  It seems (for some odd reason) the buy now button was broken.

For anyone who has tried to register, please try again.  It looks like it is working again!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m